Some HW help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ola said:
If you have more than 1 piece of RAM, it will be easier to troubleshoot. Run the system with 1 piece of RAM until the faulty RAM is identify.
Yup that is what I plan to do.

Ola said:
Do you always get the same STOP code?
Sure sound like some hardware issue.
Not going to be easy for you to troubleshoot.
What is the brand and model of your motherboard, CPU and RAM?
Yeah it's always the same yesterday night, now it's stable, I'm cutting DVD/CDs and doing updates to my applications.

I'm using Asus A8V-Deluxe, AMD64 XP 3000+ and 1GB ADATA DDR400 (512x2) Dual channel.

jbma said:
You are right in saying that solving HW problem is never easy unless you have spare of everything. The more I look at it the more I feel sure that my problem is a bad RAM. Will be getting spare RAMS today and see if this will resolve it. I have suspected the memory module but decided to look at the VC first. Now it seems even more certain that in my case the memory is causing it as I do sometimes get a page fault error.
That's why I kept a spare system, but then due to space and cleanliness... sigh, just let it go that time.

I think my RAM is faulty as I cannot use my recovery program earlier as it would hit a VxD error everytime I attempted to start the application. Will be getting new RAMs to test & replace when I can afford it. Currently looks like no non-Kingston DDR-400 CL2.5 1GB pieces.

yanyewkay said:
your equipment grounding has little in connection to HDB's ground provided for by means of the 3 pin power point. The ground point is there but I guess he was asking if your PC is grounded properly to the point. Other grounding points include various points provided on the motherboard to be ground to the casing by means of the screws.

I find hardware all so much easier to troubleshoot than sw :D
Hmmm that's worth a thought.

Ola said:
If you have more than 1 piece of RAM, it will be easier to troubleshoot. Run the system with 1 piece of RAM until the faulty RAM is identify.
I do... 512 x 2, but I'm doing dual channel, so I need both RAMs to run... :(

espn said:
I do... 512 x 2, but I'm doing dual channel, so I need both RAMs to run... :(
Your motherboard can support a single piece of RAM so no problem running on 1 piece.
You do not need to do any re-configuration as the system will auto configure.
At least this will helps to narrow down which RAM is faulty.

Ola said:
Your motherboard can support a single piece of RAM so no problem running on 1 piece.
You do not need to do any re-configuration as the system will auto configure.
At least this will helps to narrow down which RAM is faulty.
Ran my PC from 9 till now, all is good even after 2 reboots, cutting DVD/CDRW and copying files from CF card to PC. Hope all is ok, will still be testing the RAMs.

espn said:
Ran my PC from 9 till now, all is good even after 2 reboots, cutting DVD/CDRW and copying files from CF card to PC. Hope all is ok, will still be testing the RAMs.
Sound like your PC is stable. Did you update to the latest system board driver (via 4-in-1)? Time to narrow down the faulty part. Maybe you might want to burn-in your system once you have replaced the faulty RAM.

Ola said:
Sound like your PC is stable. Did you update to the latest system board driver (via 4-in-1)? Time to narrow down the faulty part. Maybe you might want to burn-in your system once you have replaced the faulty RAM.
Nope, I didn't do any bios update and/or driver update yet. Trying not to fix anything unless it's really broken. :sweat:

Yeah, I'll do some burn in once the RAMs are verified.

so what did you last do or didnt do before it went stable?

iria said:
so what did you last do or didnt do before it went stable?
For when? Before it cleaned itself out or before the BSOD?

oh yah i forgot to mention.

check your Event log at the time just before it went die.
the log very useful to troubleshooting.

espn said:
For when? Before it cleaned itself out or before the BSOD?
just before when u found out that the system become stable liao.

iria said:
oh yah i forgot to mention.

check your Event log at the time just before it went die.
the log very useful to troubleshooting.
If I understand all the 0s and 1s printed in the log that is... :sweat:

iria said:
just before when u found out that the system become stable liao.
Nothing actually, when the BSOD came, and I can't go into windoze, I did a system restore, but it failed to restore, however, I can get into windoze after that, I just used the system till 11pm+ then I off'd it.

Last night I just booted it up did my necessary s/w patches and rebooted twice, no problems thereafter.

espn said:
If I understand all the 0s and 1s printed in the log that is... :sweat:

1) check the description.
2) copy down the info in bytes and in words

then search in the internet ...

Wah just saw your problem bro. So now OK liow ?.
If still need spare graphic card I have, HD I also have.
I just upgraded to Raid 5 and is happy with my current system.
Added
If need to use Exboot for system backup and recovery also I have.
If need info on the Raid 5 I using PM me.

espn said:
Nothing actually, when the BSOD came, and I can't go into windoze, I did a system restore, but it failed to restore, however, I can get into windoze after that, I just used the system till 11pm+ then I off'd it.

Last night I just booted it up did my necessary s/w patches and rebooted twice, no problems thereafter.

u just answer it. give stress your comp. see if it comes back..
btw u did backup your important data liao?

iria said:
1) check the description.
2) copy down the info in bytes and in words

then search in the internet ...
Yeah that's what I did, but it always returns very ambiguous informations and the bytes aren't always the same ones that get hit :sweat: I'll try again tonight, thanks!

Dennis said:
Wah just saw your problem bro. So now OK liow ?.
If still need spare graphic card I have, HD I also have.
I just upgraded to Raid 5 and is happy with my current system.

wow raid 5...
i assume sata "h/w" raid 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.