Some HW help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far seems OK but again I don't have many file name in chinese except a few.
I got it from Chamoxa as the package is cheap due to cheaper HD and some misc small discount. I also got some other stuff cheap from them.

Ola said:
Does it support Chinese character? The Terastation has problem with Chinese character. If the filename is in Chinese, it will not be able to save in the terastation.
BTW where or which vendor did you get your Thecus from?

Dennis said:
So far seems OK but again I don't have many file name in chinese except a few.
I got it from Chamoxa as the package is cheap due to cheaper HD and some misc small discount. I also got some other stuff cheap from them.
Did you manage to save those file with Chinese filename to the unit?
I have a few gigs of data with Chinese filename and looking for one that will work.

Yes I did and so far like I mentioned it is OK. But it is like 3-4 files with chinese chr as title.

Ola said:
Did you manage to save those file with Chinese filename to the unit?
I have a few gigs of data with Chinese filename and looking for one that will work.

Thank Dennis for the information.
Apologize to epsn for OT in your thread.
How is your PC recovery? Everything OK?

Ola said:
Thank Dennis for the information.
Apologize to epsn for OT in your thread.
How is your PC recovery? Everything OK?
No worries on the OT, I'm reading and learning as I go along, will be sourcing for a good NAS this weekend. :thumbsup:

All images backed up to DVDs already, but I partitioned wrongly. My XP OS only allocated 10GB and I got another 10GB partition nothing doing.

I wanna merge these two partitions together. Any suggestions/help? :)

espn said:
No worries on the OT, I'm reading and learning as I go along, will be sourcing for a good NAS this weekend. :thumbsup:

All images backed up to DVDs already, but I partitioned wrongly. My XP OS only allocated 10GB and I got another 10GB partition nothing doing.

I wanna merge these two partitions together. Any suggestions/help? :)
There are several tools that can perform the functions.
You can explore the following site.
http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/partitioneditors.shtml

Let me know if you need more information or help. ;)

I have Partition Magic 8.0. PM me if you need it.

espn said:
I am looking for one too. Been looking at this http://www.thecus.com/products_over.php?cid=1&pid=2 but not sure what is the cost. Do you have any info on this? I am seriously looking for a NAS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.