S1/S2/S3/S5/SX1/SX10 pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing some from an SX10 with a close up filter

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

wow splendid! thats even hard to get with some dslr. the SX10 has proven its prowess once more, may i know which close up filter was used?

Hi Bro Velasco, I'm a fan of your work with the S5IS.... do post more of your poetry work here to share... :lovegrin:

Some shots of the monkeys at Uluwatu, Bali.

1472741030_695c64679b.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Monkeys

1471900277_52c46f6012.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Sunset Monkey

Will sit down one day and clean up the branches in this one.

1497884292_d7db141f80.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Sunset Monkey II

All taken with my S2IS.

Some shots of the monkeys at Uluwatu, Bali.

1472741030_695c64679b.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Monkeys

1471900277_52c46f6012.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Sunset Monkey

Will sit down one day and clean up the branches in this one.

1497884292_d7db141f80.jpg

Bali- Uluwatu, Sunset Monkey II

All taken with my S2IS.
S2 IS is my first Canon Prosumer. Love all its functions, except only ISO 50~100 usable only.

wow splendid! thats even hard to get with some dslr. the SX10 has proven its prowess once more, may i know which close up filter was used?

Thanks. For the Two spotted line blue, I used a raynox 250 as its very small sized - about 1cm.

For the leopard lacewing, I just stood far away and zoomed in to the max at 20x on macro mode :)

For tawny coster, I used a Hoya +4 filter

Actually, I usually use a 40D with a Tamron 180 for butterflies. Using the SX10 IS has some advantages and some disadvantages. The only woe of using a prosumer is the poor high ISO performance thus I use predominantly ISO80. But its DOF is very useful for macro, not forgetting the highly effective IS.

Nice butts!

#1 Nice clean background. :thumbsup:
#3 You might want to crop/clone away the edge of the leaf on the bottom right.

Thanks bro :)

Thanks. For the Two spotted line blue, I used a raynox 250 as its very small sized - about 1cm.

For the leopard lacewing, I just stood far away and zoomed in to the max at 20x on macro mode :)

For tawny coster, I used a Hoya +4 filter

Actually, I usually use a 40D with a Tamron 180 for butterflies. Using the SX10 IS has some advantages and some disadvantages. The only woe of using a prosumer is the poor high ISO performance thus I use predominantly ISO80. But its DOF is very useful for macro, not forgetting the highly effective IS.

Thanks bro :)
Can I have a picture of your lens tube, the 58mm tube adapter you screw your Raynox in.
I like my S5 IS function. Like SX10, it suffers from ISO noise issue, only can use ISO80. At times, I force it to go ISO50 and ISO64 with CHKFirmware. lol
20X zoom (560mm) is freaking nice but it suffer a lot from shutter speed right, since it is f5.7.
Though it is huge and heavy, I still find my S5 IS (432mm x 1.5 tele) ultra useful for zooming without too much penaty on speed. (Still F3.5)

But then, to think of it, 560mm x 1.5 (840mm!) is superlative for esclipse shots even. Cool...

Now I am hoping SX20IS/SX2IS has improved ISO and lens, like how they have done from S1 IS to S2 IS.

Hi Soons,
Hmm actually I did not use a 1.5X i just used the raynox close up filter and a hoya close up filter :)
The SX10 IS does not have a lens adaptor mount but it has grooves in the front of the cam and I just clipped the raynox direct onto the camera.

Hi Soons,
Hmm actually I did not use a 1.5X i just used the raynox close up filter and a hoya close up filter :)
The SX10 IS does not have a lens adaptor mount but it has grooves in the front of the cam and I just clipped the raynox direct onto the camera.

I know Lensmate is designing a 58mm filter holder for the SX_IS cameras.

But then, to think of it, 560mm x 1.5 (840mm!) is superlative for esclipse shots even. Cool...

Now I am hoping SX20IS/SX2IS has improved ISO and lens, like how they have done from S1 IS to S2 IS.

You cannot mount any adapters onto the SX_IS cameras. Canon did not make a bayonet mount on the body. I think it is due to the lens moving out alot when you zoom it, it is not an internal zoom like the older S_IS cameras. This would give rise to vignetting with an adapter on it, when you move to the wide side of the lens. No adapter means no tele converters. :(

You cannot mount any adapters onto the SX_IS cameras. Canon did not make a bayonet mount on the body. I think it is due to the lens moving out alot when you zoom it, it is not an internal zoom like the older S_IS cameras. This would give rise to vignetting with an adapter on it, when you move to the wide side of the lens. No adapter means no tele converters. :(
That's why I am hesitating to upgrade. And really hope they re-design the lens design for SX2IS and SX20IS.
Else the camera is moving towards like Olympus SP-5XXUZ series.
They are going to release a 26X zoom version, and known for their tortoise focusing.

Here are some shots from my 8 days holiday in 东北 in NorthEastern China about 2 weeks ago. It was like -35degC .

Paid S$484 / HK$2520 for my SX10IS on boxing day, just the day before my trip. I had used the SX100IS earlier, so most of the functions setting are about familiar.

Hi Lensman, that is a very good price for sx10iS....can share which shop you purchased your camera? I also wanted to get one....Thanks.

I've been using an SX10 for a while now and was thinking of getting a couple of lens accessories to widen my coverage. Any recommendations for add-ons?Been seeing alot of raynox telephoto and emolux wide lens. Any comments on these buys?

I've been using an SX10 for a while now and was thinking of getting a couple of lens accessories to widen my coverage. Any recommendations for add-ons?Been seeing alot of raynox telephoto and emolux wide lens. Any comments on these buys?

Quoting myself

So far, the only thing you can mount is the Raynox DCR-250 macro. If you are willing to wait, get the Lensmate adapter, it will let you mount 58mm fliters along with the Canon hood.

Any idea how much the Lensmate adapter will cost?

Took some photos with my SX10. I'm just stating out on photography so I have no idea how you judge if a photo is underexpose/over, poor composition and stuff. I have a few photos on flickr...do leave your comments.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34641222@N02/sets/72157613244351239/

Would appreciate if you can leave comments on how i can improve as compared to "it sucks" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.