S1/S2/S3/S5/SX1/SX10 pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
drop1.jpg

Canon SX1 IS

Hi cool-gal, I believe most of us do :)

i put my hands up.. i most definitely post processed some of the pics i have.. but i'm not good with photoshop so using a beginner program only, Picassa

ohhhhh...
mmmmm, cos i dun do photoshop.
no wonder i just cant seem to feel right abt my camera no matter how i change the setting.
any good photoshop program which is easy n free for beginner like me?
frankly, i got no idea how to photoshop except to crop.
im actually very interested in close up detail + blurred background or pin-hole kind of pics whereby the surrounding darken abit.

ohhhhh...
mmmmm, cos i dun do photoshop.
no wonder i just cant seem to feel right abt my camera no matter how i change the setting.
any good photoshop program which is easy n free for beginner like me?
frankly, i got no idea how to photoshop except to crop.
im actually very interested in close up detail + blurred background or pin-hole kind of pics whereby the surrounding darken abit.

I think you are asking abt photo processing software... cos "Photoshop" is a software on itself already.

A good basic beginner program that i use is "Picassa" if u want something with more functions n slightly more complicated can use "Photoscape". I use both.

edited the following with Picassa

edit: graduated tint to make the sky darker blue

IMG_1313.JPG

edit: sepia and grain

IMG_0860-1.JPG

edit: soft focus (blur surrounding), glow

4537_88453767945_668332945_2000074_5883476_n.jpg

Last edited:
wow...
the sepia and grainy is nice..
wer u took the pic? the ray is beautiful.

wow...
the sepia and grainy is nice..
wer u took the pic? the ray is beautiful.

thanks....;)

it's taken in a restaurent in Hanoi. so happen the ray was coming in through that window during lunch time... btw i'm using SX10

is that u... very cute. hehe ;p

hahahahah...
i wish... no worries at tat age...
seriously, the S-series take very good pic..
i love my S3 to every bit.
minus the weight la..

Sadly no more pictures from me from my S5is. Camera as well as my Raynox DCR-250 macro lens was stolen during my recent trip to China. Very sad. :cry:

Anyone interested in a 3rd party aluminium lens adapter (58mm) can PM me. Also have a Canon 1.4x teleconverter (52mm) with Hoya 58-52mm step down ring that I used with my S5is (the thief did not manage to steal these). No use for them now.

Hope fellow users of S5is or even S3 can benefit from my misfortune. Continue to treasure your camera and enjoy shooting.

hi how much are you selling your teleconverter? do i need a lens adapter?

how come so quiet tis thread? all upgraded?

members are asked to use the photo galleries to post their pictures instead of here in the technical discussino forums.

lechon.jpg

Hi all,

I just bought canon sx-1 , took some pictures but can't compare with the picture that I see in this thread ( so kilat ) . Is there any accessories that I need to add on ? If yes , what are the accessories that I need to look for ? Thanks

Hi all,

I just bought canon sx-1 , took some pictures but can't compare with the picture that I see in this thread ( so kilat ) . Is there any accessories that I need to add on ? If yes , what are the accessories that I need to look for ? Thanks

hey dude, replied ur PM...

clue is most (if not all) of us, well at least for me, have done some kind of editing/processing on our picstures b4 posting.

u may consider this free prog: Picassa to play around with ur pics to "improve" them

it is really quiet over here... was thinking of upgrading to a DSLR 500D but decided to stay with my S5...

Status
Not open for further replies.