[D3] Dedicated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bleeding common for DSLR in blown highlights situation?

I dun remember getting this with my D70 and my S5 Pro under the same lighting condition.

Pls advise.

Is bleeding common for DSLR in blown highlights situation?

I dun remember getting this with my D70 and my S5 Pro under the same lighting condition.

Pls advise.

It depends on the sensor. Usually it would happen on CCDs but D3 is CMOS and I am not really familar enough to say whether it's common or not. I don't remember getting this kind of aberration on D2X which is also CMOS. Then again, it's outside the DX area, so it might well be the lens is not well corrected at the corners also, so there might be a hint of CA and plus the bright highlights, the image processor doesn't know how to handle this kind of situation? Which picture control setting you use? Standard? Did you increase sharpening?

Try 1) slightly underexposing or 2) shooting RAW and process it in Capture NX or Photoshop; to see how the output looks like.

That's why.. :dunno: Or is that function only available on the D300? I remembered someone posted something comparing the results with lateral CA on and off. I can't remember if it's D3 or D300.

Only for D3 I believe it is the same for D300. your ans can be found here

CA as such is not removed from the NEF at all

go all the way to the bottom of the page. :dunno:

syc77: Can I ask if your version done at Mobile Sq covers the ENTIRE plastic area of the rear screen (ie not just the viewable portion, but the curved borders as well.

Thanks!
:)

Mobile Sq.
but will cost u $40.
the shop will use 2 martin field screen protectors.1 psp size for the 3" LCD n the rear LCD.1 small handphone sizefor the top.all custom cut.will take about 1hr.go after 3pm on weekdays.
if the boss(he's the only one who will b doing the cutting) says u r his 2nd guy with the D3,dont tell the boss say i told u.i still rememebered he nearly went :hung: after he finished mine.

syc77: Can I ask if your version done at Mobile Sq covers the ENTIRE plastic area of the rear screen (ie not just the viewable portion, but the curved borders as well.

Thanks!
:)

includes the black border.

Only for D3 I believe it is the same for D300. your ans can be found here

CA as such is not removed from the NEF at all

go all the way to the bottom of the page. :dunno:

Can't seem to find it from the link. I think the correct URL has been masqueraded. Anyway, I think I should be able to find it if I read the entire review? ;p

Can't seem to find it from the link. I think the correct URL has been masqueraded. Anyway, I think I should be able to find it if I read the entire review? ;p

Sorry it is my mistake in the link here is the correct link
http://www.naturfotograf.com/D3/D3_rev03.html

extract from Bjørn Rørslett web without permission, will remove it.

===
removed.
===

cheers

Sorry it is my mistake in the link here is the correct link
http://www.naturfotograf.com/D3/D3_rev03.html

extract from Bjørn Rørslett web without permission, will remove it.

===
But what about CA issues? Here the story is different. CA as such is not removed from the NEF at all, but can be virtually eliminated in the subsequent processing stageby by computer software. As evident from the above comparison panel, third-party software can do almost as well as Nikon's own Capture NX. Another remarkable observation is the high quality of in-camera generated jpgs.

===

cheers

Thanks for the lead. :)

Woohoo I got my D3 finally!

thats great! do you mind telling me where you got it... and how much you paid... thanks

Hi Trevor,

My one is from Japan. Its a Japanese set. Sorry i can't review the pricing but i got it cheaper than the market rate in Singapore.

I don't understand why Nikon is unable to supply the stocks in most of the markets. local Retailers also complaining to me that Nikon supply only 1-2 pcs at a time within 2 weeks. Where their waiting list can go up to 2 pages.

there's a worldwide shortage of these toys.

when i email RRS about the L-plate for D3,
they replied that they had a waiting list of about 400 pieces......
:what:

Hi Trevor,

My one is from Japan. Its a Japanese set. Sorry i can't review the pricing but i got it cheaper than the market rate in Singapore.

I don't understand why Nikon is unable to supply the stocks in most of the markets. local Retailers also complaining to me that Nikon supply only 1-2 pcs at a time within 2 weeks. Where their waiting list can go up to 2 pages.

Simple, the demand is more than supply, in most country. However, in some countries there are cases of lesser demand due to the affordability. I heard (not confirmed) that in KL the D3 is not selling as fast and you can grab one at lower than Singapore price (no warranty though).

Also heard from friends in China that their Xin Hua(not sure of spelling) national news agency had bought and took delivery of more than 300pcs of D3 and accessories including lenses in preparation for the Bejing Olympic.

If you look into the demand in the US and Europe, it overwhelms our tiny little red dot's demand.

If all these are true, why it is not easy to understand the shortage. ;)

Eh wait a sec, you're saying the RRS L plate is backordered? IT shows on their website as available.....

And to think I was about to go order

there's a worldwide shortage of these toys.

when i email RRS about the L-plate for D3,
they replied that they had a waiting list of about 400 pieces......
:what:

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the info... Its harrowing coz ive been hunting one down for the last 2 months... fortunately, one of the regular shops i go just called yesterday morning and told me i can collect mine today!!! Yipee! CNY comes early!

Eh wait a sec, you're saying the RRS L plate is backordered? IT shows on their website as available.....

And to think I was about to go order

try lor.they tell me got to wait about 1 month.

Simple, the demand is more than supply, in most country. However, in some countries there are cases of lesser demand due to the affordability. I heard (not confirmed) that in KL the D3 is not selling as fast and you can grab one at lower than Singapore price (no warranty though).

Also heard from friends in China that their Xin Hua(not sure of spelling) national news agency had bought and took delivery of more than 300pcs of D3 and accessories including lenses in preparation for the Bejing Olympic.

If you look into the demand in the US and Europe, it overwhelms our tiny little red dot's demand.

If all these are true, why it is not easy to understand the shortage. ;)

300 pcs for Olympic! :bigeyes:

So after the Olympic, what are they going to do with so many D3? :devil:

Thanks for the info... Its harrowing coz ive been hunting one down for the last 2 months... fortunately, one of the regular shops i go just called yesterday morning and told me i can collect mine today!!! Yipee! CNY comes early!

Luck you ;)I oso have been waiting for the cam for the past 2 months oso haiz:cry:

and thanks to Mr Teo I have inherited his pre-order from ANOTHER shop and end up with a D3 and 24-70 f2.8 5hours ago.
I am a canon 5d user with no intention of jumping ship but had gone down to shop just to see what the bloody fuss was about with the D3. And holysheet what an experience! The 24-70mm also damn steam and small!

My god, I never shot auto but auto plus auto ISO is a god send!

You have to try the D3 to be impressed and possessed people!

Status
Not open for further replies.