[D3] Dedicated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 year ago, i was very impressed with my d200.
now that i got my d3, it makes me wonder next year, will i still be so impress by it.

i guess by then, d3x will be the successor.

but like you guys put it, it really aint the camera that makes the difference.
it's the photog.

and after using the d3 for sometime, i really realised...other than the excellent noise control, there's no additional functions which i should be overly excited about.

i know there are tons of functions and new features of D3, but i mainly shoot portraits, and seriously, i dont use most of the other functions.:dunno::embrass:

Medium format is the way to go :lovegrin:

ea3d3a32.jpg

5aa7b83b.jpg

Handheld at iso3200 with 17-35.

first night F1 race in singapore, whats everyone's prelim thoughts on D3 set up?

2203952196_e6ffeefbd6_b.jpg

random play today with 14-24mm f2.8...was lying on the floor for this shoot while the security guard came and check me out!

2205221577_6eda6a43d3_b.jpg

another day with the 14-24mm f2.8...the D3 is really starting to grow on me!

DX mode

_-72.jpg

Nikon D3, ISO 5000, F/5.6, Exposure 1/1250 sec, focal length: 210mm,

Oh back to Genie question:

"yes.FF is good.and like you, it allows me to utilise all my older nikon lenses.

but the debate of having FF or crop..i think there's no absolute conclusion right?

if space contraints, not a problem, i think FF or crop makes no diff.
please correct me if i'm wrong."

The interchangeable FF, 5:4, DX is Fantastic! Its so useful in in situation like shooting in the concert! If i want wider view i will switch to FX mode, a tighter view i will switch to DX mode.. This is so helpful and i only realize while i'm shooting in Jay concert on last fri.

FX Mode

_-1.jpg

DX mode

http://surflim.no-ip.biz/jaychousg2008/_-72.jpg

"yes.FF is good.and like you, it allows me to utilise all my older nikon lenses.

but the debate of having FF or crop..i think there's no absolute conclusion right?

The interchangeable FF, 5:4, DX is Fantastic! Its so useful in in situation like shooting in the concert! If i want wider view i will switch to FX mode, a tighter view i will switch to DX mode.. This is so helpful and i only realize while i'm shooting in Jay concert on last fri.

FX Mode

http://surflim.no-ip.biz/jaychousg2008/_-1.jpg

So you don't really care about image resolution, 5mp DX and 12mp FX?

I thought changing lens or performing a zoom might be better? ;p

So you don't really care about image resolution, 5mp DX and 12mp FX?

I thought changing lens or performing a zoom might be better? ;p

Not really a factor for me. i mean usually for events shoot a 5mp is reasonably good enuff for my usage. Of cos changing of lens would be better where the MP is always stay constant but in circumstances especially like in a Concert, where u have to browse around for security to prevent been caught, and time is crucial as well. Its like playing hide & seek in there lor.

Not really a factor for me. i mean usually for events shoot a 5mp is reasonably good enuff for my usage. Of cos changing of lens would be better where the MP is always stay constant but in circumstances especially like in a Concert, where u have to browse around for security to prevent been caught, and time is crucial as well. Its like playing hide & seek in there lor.

Hahaha... okie.. Then that's an important factor. Being able to instantly get a 1.5x crop in the kind of situation is quite an advantage if resolution is not an important factor. ;p

D3 is really amazing! its completely a very different Digital machine compare to the rest of its ex machine.

Probably we are too use to the "noise" level that we use to recieve from NiteCon i mean Nikon.

:thumbsup: Really impress, no regret & THANK YOU NIKON! :thumbsup:

Oh & the 3D 51 auto focus tracking system, its like a 51 eyes spider locking hard on its prey!
Mr Chou just couldn't get rid of it that night even with his hyper move :bsmilie:

Oh & the 3D 51 auto focus tracking system, its like a 51 eyes spider locking hard on its prey!
Mr Chou just couldn't get rid of it that night even with his hyper move :bsmilie:

Hahaha... I like the analogy! ;p

DX mode

_-72.jpg

FX Mode

_-1.jpg

i would always shoot in fx,if i need a 'tighter' view, i would use a long lens...or crop later in LR or CS3.

shooting at 5mp, if i need to crop in tighter, i may not have the resolution to play with.that's my experience.

btw,
how come your pics not sharp?
what lens you using?

and my name is spelt as Jeanie, not genie.

Status
Not open for further replies.