[D3] Dedicated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and thanks to Mr Teo I have inherited his pre-order from ANOTHER shop and end up with a D3 and 24-70 f2.8 5hours ago.
I am a canon 5d user with no intention of jumping ship but had gone down to shop just to see what the bloody fuss was about with the D3. And holysheet what an experience! The 24-70mm also damn steam and small!

My god, I never shot auto but auto plus auto ISO is a good send!

You have to try the D3 to be impressed and possessed people!

Congrat!!

1 year ago, i was very impressed with my d200.
now that i got my d3, it makes me wonder next year, will i still be so impress by it.

i guess by then, d3x will be the successor.

but like you guys put it, it really aint the camera that makes the difference.
it's the photog.

and after using the d3 for sometime, i really realised...other than the excellent noise control, there's no additional functions which i should be overly excited about.

i know there are tons of functions and new features of D3, but i mainly shoot portraits, and seriously, i dont use most of the other functions.:dunno::embrass:

now that i got my d3, it makes me wonder next year, will i still be so impress by it.

it's the photog.

and after using the d3 for sometime, i really realised...other than the excellent noise control, there's no additional functions which i should be overly excited about.

i know there are tons of functions and new features of D3, but i mainly shoot portraits, and seriously, i dont use most of the other functions.:dunno::embrass:
let me know if you are dumping your D3 for the D3x :bsmilie:

it's the photog.

U sound like Fann Wong's speech when she got the Star Awards..:bsmilie:

it's the photog.

exactly as wat i thought, the market trend is forcing all manufacturer to go full frame, mid-range full frame is just around the corner, 2008 is the year for full frame. but, i guess with current available tech, this industry will evolve til tat's a full frame x3 sensor. then, it will get slowing down ..... and wait for another big tech wave ....

having said tat, i think 2009 will be the year for mainstream FF and general availability of fancy sensor (AKA next generation of sensor from Fujifilm). interchangable back ... or something.

let me know if you are dumping your D3 for the D3x :bsmilie:

i seriously doubt i will buy d3x, unless it comes with 20mp, has infrared capabilities:bsmilie:, can shoot through walls, and most importantly can flash sync with studio strobes with more than 1/250s.

U sound like Fann Wong's speech when she got the Star Awards..:bsmilie:

i wish i'm her.
cos if i'm her and she's into photography, i'll just always grab the latest model.

just imagine buying the porsche cayenne at 750k and paying in cold hard cash....

i seriously doubt i will buy d3x, unless it comes with 20mp, has infrared capabilities:bsmilie:, can shoot through walls, and most importantly can flash sync with studio strobes with more than 1/250s.

Get a medium format using leaf shutter. You can sync up to 1/500. Otherwise, get a D70s. You can sync up to 1/8000. ;p

Get a medium format using leaf shutter. You can sync up to 1/500. Otherwise, get a D70s. You can sync up to 1/8000. ;p
get Sinar Hy6/Leaf Afi (its basically the same camera from Rollei), my dream camera, with a 33Mpixel medium format back... flash sync at 1/1000s... ;p

or a Hassey H3DII-39, 39Mpixel and flash sync at 1/800... ;p

or get a Hassey H2 with a PhaseOne P30 31Mpixel back, flash sync at 1/800... P30 has an antialias filter that reduces appearance of moire in cloth... ;p

all very capable portrait systems...

get Sinar Hy6/Leaf Afi (its basically the same camera from Rollei), my dream camera, with a 33Mpixel medium format back... flash sync at 1/1000s... ;p

or a Hassey H3DII-39, 39Mpixel and flash sync at 1/800... ;p

or get a Hassey H2 with a PhaseOne P30 31Mpixel back, flash sync at 1/800... P30 has an antialias filter that reduces appearance of moire in cloth... ;p

all very capable portrait systems...

Drools... ;p

anyone got any gripes with the preview screen? seems to sometimes just turn 'off' when viewing pictures or simultaneously switching between the 'play' and menu button. playing around with display delay time value didn't help...= /

it's the photog.

You are right. It is the photographer that makes the difference.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single D3 shot in Clubsnap that makes me think:"Woah, I need the D3 to do that". Having said that, take a look at http://www.susanstriplingblog.com/index.cfm?catID=22

and thanks to Mr Teo I have inherited his pre-order from ANOTHER shop and end up with a D3 and 24-70 f2.8 5hours ago.
I am a canon 5d user with no intention of jumping ship but had gone down to shop just to see what the bloody fuss was about with the D3. And holysheet what an experience! The 24-70mm also damn steam and small!

My god, I never shot auto but auto plus auto ISO is a god send!

You have to try the D3 to be impressed and possessed people!

hahahaha!!! On the other hand, thanks for covering mate and welcome to the light!... I would not have known wat to do with 2 cams...
bro, the 14-24 is BLARDY awesome mate... I cant stop shooting with it... Use to look at some scenes before and asked myself how can i incorporate all that i want in... now I can! been going around all the places again and retaking them! hahahaha:)

it's the photog.

As for me it's because its full frame, that allow me to utilize all my full frame lens that i have.

As for me it's because its full frame, that allow me to utilize all my full frame lens that i have.

yes.FF is good.and like you, it allows me to utilise all my older nikon lenses.

but the debate of having FF or crop..i think there's no absolute conclusion right?

if space contraints, not a problem, i think FF or crop makes no diff.
please correct me if i'm wrong.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single D3 shot in Clubsnap that makes me think:"Woah, I need the D3 to do that".

:bsmilie:

What? How about all those Want to Rent D3 posters?

:bsmilie:

2198696253_657660f29d_b.jpg

hi hi, just a random pic from this morning with 24-70mm!

Status
Not open for further replies.