[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

After countless research, comparison (between OM-D, XE-1) and reading, finally I got my first M4/3 camera!

DSC_5647.jpg

Reactions: keithwee
Thank you for the warm welcome ;)

nice picture of the camera too with the spark of reflection from the sun

After countless research, comparison (between OM-D, XE-1) and reading, finally I got my first M4/3 camera!

DSC_5647.jpg

Nice shot Mingtze, welcome to m43 camp. Post more shots please ;)

Just gotten my black EP-5. Now im stuck.

What's next? :cool:

Lenses! Accessories etc..

I was thinking of getting a nice strap. Not sure should i stick with the wrist kind or just get a nice one. The next lens im aiming is the 25 1.4 Panny. :D

Wrist or neck strap depends on individual definitely , but I see neck mostly. :)

My EP5 runs on a neck strap because i pair it with larger lenses like the 12-35 at times.

My x20 runs on wrist strap , ; easier to store but sometimes when I run out of hands I do miss having it on a neck strap.

Anyone has any ideas for a pouch to store the VF4 when it's out of the camera ?

My habit is to remove it whenever I store the camera into my bag.

A little let down that Oly didn't bundle at least a soft cloth pouch for the VF4 like the VF2.

Anyone has any ideas for a pouch to store the VF4 when it's out of the camera ?

My habit is to remove it whenever I store the camera into my bag.

A little let down that Oly didn't bundle at least a soft cloth pouch for the VF4 like the VF2.

Ya, funny that they didnt include a carrying/storage pouch for the vf4. They did for the flash unit which came with the EPL6 thou..

Anyway, i'm using the earphone pouch which was given to me when i purchase my shure iem last time..

I was thinking of getting a nice strap. Not sure should i stick with the wrist kind or just get a nice one. The next lens im aiming is the 25 1.4 Panny. :D

Personally, I prefer a wrist strap. Easier to store as the strap won't get entangled. I also don't like having my camera hanging from my neck when I am not shooting, especially when I am travelling. Instead I keep it in my crumpler sling bag within quick and easy reach. But to each his own.

Ya, funny that they didnt include a carrying/storage pouch for the vf4. They did for the flash unit which came with the EPL6 thou..

Anyway, i'm using the earphone pouch which was given to me when i purchase my shure iem last time..

For me, I use the pouch my x-mini speaker came in. The pouch is quite big and I can also store my 17/1.8 lens in there, but not at the same time as the VF-4.

Got the leather skin from olympus..Have a spare set in same colour if anyone is keen(PM me)..

Took this using my mobile after applying just now.

PYr1zuB.jpg

Got the leather skin from olympus..Have a spare set in same colour if anyone is keen(PM me)..

Took this using my mobile after applying just now.

PYr1zuB.jpg

Wow that's an ep5? Looks amazing I hadn't realised the they had issued them for it. Was there trouble putting it on

Wow that's an ep5? Looks amazing I hadn't realised the they had issued them for it. Was there trouble putting it on

Relatively easy to paste it on since the cuts and measurement is very accurate. The only issue was that they have a small piece of the skin for the multi connector cover, but if you have that on, you wont beable to open the cover up to the point whereby u need to stick ur cable in so i gave that a miss...

Last edited:
I'm getting so used to the steps of:
take photo --> send to iPhone --> in phone editing using photoshop app --> post online on sharing that I'm starting to bring my EM5 out lesser :)

Never thought the wifi feature would be so good

I'm getting so used to the steps of:
take photo --> send to iPhone --> in phone editing using photoshop app --> post online on sharing that I'm starting to bring my EM5 out lesser :)

Never thought the wifi feature would be so good

Ya, though I like using snapseed:)

Last edited:
Gonna try that pretty soon. No longer those days where you will ever need a dock to plug your SD card in.. :D