[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

wonglp

Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
Bukit Batok
Starting a thread to share the "zhnging" (dressing up and accessorizing) fun part about the Pen. Which is one of the most fun part about using the Pen

Mine still rather "naked" atm...with A&A ACAM 301 strap, waiting for the arrival of Aki Asahi cover, thanks to friend who ordered it :)

Traded the black for silver 17/1.8.

So what's yours, please share the love:)

Nice! I just picked up my E-P5 last evening but haven't got it out off the box yet.

What would you recommend for a screen protector?

Let's begin to discuss and share everything related to EP5, share your tips, accessories, firware updates, links, issues found, etc here.

I shall begin, the preorder set does not have a proper instruction manual, only have a quick manual of 8pages English instruction.

For detail instructions, please download from the below links.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-P5_INSTR_MANUAL_EN.PDF

PEN_E-P5_EZ-M1442IIR_silver_black__Product_010__x290.png

Last edited:
I am currently looking for a half leather jacket case for my EP5, perhaps grip too (if any).
Any recommendation?

Last edited:
For those who wants to buy the EP5 body only version, it is already available, price is $1350.

9192248544_8320d0e3a7_h.jpg

Last edited:
I am trying the wifi function on the ep5, i managed to connect to my iphone, but is there a way to show the pics on my iphone immediately when a pic is taken.
currently i am only able to sync from ep5 to iphone when the ep5 is at the wifi screen. once when i am shooting mode(AV,TV,M mode), i am not able to sync.

haha, love the Barton strap too :) using it on my EM5 too. Superb value for money though its a bit expensive.

I am trying the wifi function on the ep5, i managed to connect to my iphone, but is there a way to show the pics on my iphone immediately when a pic is taken.
currently i am only able to sync from ep5 to iphone when the ep5 is at the wifi screen. once when i am shooting mode(AV,TV,M mode), i am not able to sync.

I am interested too. Panasonic has it.

CA don't have the screen protector and Olympus also don't have. Where to get it huh?

U mean one isn't able to see photos on the iPhone during shooting mode (PASM) and one must go to a specific Wireless mode on EP5 to see the photos in the phone ?

Yup not able to... As for me, my screen on the camera only shown QR code screen.. Only my iphone screen can be seen..

For me the wifi sync works fine on my galaxy S3 but can't seem to sync with my iPad.

For me the wifi sync works fine on my galaxy S3 but can't seem to sync with my iPad.

sync is fine on my iphone, but during shooting mode, can pictures appears on your galaxy concurrently.

U mean one isn't able to see photos on the iPhone during shooting mode (PASM) and one must go to a specific Wireless mode on EP5 to see the photos in the phone ?

yes, you are right.
but this function is good if you want to backup your photos to iphone.