[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

reviving thread or most of the guys are at the EM side :eek:

The EP and EPL series are differentiated end of the day :) , like v.gd vs everything Olympus can give in a package.

I agree E-PL7 is a substantial improvement from the E-PL6 though and sufficient for most casual users, but EP5 to me still have strengths over the E-PL series like better IBIS for one.

Waiting for E-P7.. As an E-P5 owner, not too healthy to change camera every generation LOL.. And yes, there is significant benefits owning the "original" pen rather than a Lite or Mini version of it, the 5 axis IBIS being one of them. As a 75mm 1.8 user, you have no idea how ultra useful this feature is!

almost bought the Fuji x100s but decided to get the E-P5 for just $999! It came together with the VF-4 and the 17 f1.8 lens! I thought it was a great deal :D

almost bought the Fuji x100s but decided to get the E-P5 for just $999! It came together with the VF-4 and the 17 f1.8 lens! I thought it was a great deal :D

Haha, glad u managed to snap the deal from MS. Think by now should be no more stocks. Enjoy the camera !

hi folks,

anyone has problem with the rear jog dial? it registers/responds inconsistently... at times requiring 2-3 clicks in either direction before the aperture/shutter/magnify changes. it became so annoying that i had to switch the f-stop/shutter function to the front jog dial... current firmware is 1.5. Appreciate any help! Otherwise, will have to send to Oly Service Centre :(

Last edited:
Found out from fellow CS forumer Ingyc (TYVM!) that I will have to send it to Oly as its a QC problem :(

hi shazie, I had this problem a few months back. sent it into Olympus, and got the camera back within 3 weeks. its covered by warranty.

Hi guys, sidetrack a bit.... Just wanna check out with u guys where to buy Canon FD to Micro 4/3 focal reducer/lens turbo/speedbooster kinda adaptor in sg? Or is it more worth it to buy frm online?

hi shazie, I had this problem a few months back. sent it into Olympus, and got the camera back within 3 weeks. its covered by warranty.

Thanks hydroburn. Bringing the ep-5 for servicing tomorrow

Last edited:
I wonder how much can my EP5 fetch now..Any idea guys?? Might wana sell and jump to EM1...

- Silver EP5 with 45mm f/1.8 & VF4, Kaza 1/2 Body Jacket, Aki Asahi Skin
- 2 original battery
- 1 16GB Memory Card i think
- Full box

All purchased in Aug 2013

I wonder how much can my EP5 fetch now..Any idea guys?? Might wana sell and jump to EM1... - Silver EP5 with 45mm f/1.8 & VF4, Kaza 1/2 Body Jacket, Aki Asahi Skin - 2 original battery - 1 16GB Memory Card i think - Full box All purchased in Aug 2013

Hmm , will be good to just see the WTS threads for a guide.

Hi,

are there any shops where can I buy the half leather jacket for olympus pen? I saw a few online but I need to get one off the shelf. Last minute thingy.

Hi, are there any shops where can I buy the half leather jacket for olympus pen? I saw a few online but I need to get one off the shelf. Last minute thingy.

T K foto , funan - the one with the friendlier staff. :)