[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

7vOTChg.jpg

Purchase all of this last Fri. Price of E-P5 kit cannot disclose cos internal sales..

Now waiting for a Barton 1972 strap, Oly 17mm Lens hood then i take a proper shot..

I had some progress last night by disconnting from my home wifi. this seemed to allow the phone to connect to the camera. This seems like a real problem area that olympus should get on top of.

Just tried the function today with e IPhone 5 with my home wifi connection running in the background.

The function works great , if Oly will provide updates for the wifi photo taking function to work with e other modes (PASM, Art) , this will be one hell of a good function :)

It all worked properly , only hitch I had was that I had to switch the wifi connection on my phone manually from home to the EP5 connection.

My only compliant about the EP5 is that it heats up too fast and on the grip area. Even the battery feels hot. It's very uncomfortable to hold and tends to make my palm sweat. Think I gotta get the Gariz half case.

I'm surprised to see the price plunging so fast in the BnS section. There are even people selling brand new sets. This is in contrast to the OMD - which is not as good as the EP5 in terms of image quality, focusing speed etc. I've had instances where the OMD failed/struggled to focus on low light while the the EP5 had no problem.

My only compliant about the EP5 is that it heats up too fast and on the grip area. Even the battery feels hot. It's very uncomfortable to hold and tends to make my palm sweat. Think I gotta get the Gariz half case.

I'm surprised to see the price plunging so fast in the BnS section. There are even people selling brand new sets. This is in contrast to the OMD - which is not as good as the EP5 in terms of image quality, focusing speed etc. I've had instances where the OMD failed/struggled to focus on low light while the the EP5 had no problem.

Getting the Gariz half case today too :) grip wise definitely it's sad the grip isn't removable.

So far using both the EM5 and EP5 my conclusion is this , both are great bodies and they actually cater to different niche groups.

The EM5 is the one to choose if u r into system cameras (with the grip, in built EVF, weather resistant) while e Pen series with the rangefinder design is the very reason why I picked Oly MFT in e first place .

2nd day using EP5 my conclusion is :

it does indeed trump the EM5 in some aspects : the focus peaking function + live bulb + Picture story (lame I know but I like) and the overall build and feel alone makes me more than happy. The 2x2 layout & wireless function is great.

Using the VF4 , u will never wana use the EM5 viewfinder again.

And I realized how much I missed the feel of the Pen series :)

I gonna probably sell my x20 soon and simply keep the EM5 and EP5 bodies instead.

For the falling prices , I will confess I'm guilty in being the one who's happy with the lowering prices and bought a new set from one of e guys here too. No regrets at all since what I paid for VF4+EP5 is even lower than a brand new body alone.

A quick comparison will be try using EP5 with VF1 and the 17/1.8 vs using the EM5 with Grip and the 12-35/2.8. Both bodies are great in their own areas and actually overlap very little.

Now it's left to GX7's arrival to totally shake up the market haha.

Just got the Gariz case and the soft button release.

I've a $100 voucher for Harvey Norman for buying DSLR, anyone who needs it can get from me. It's free , I keep also no no plans on using.

Just got the Gariz case and the soft button release.

I've a $100 voucher for Harvey Norman for buying DSLR, anyone who needs it can get from me. It's free , I keep also no no plans on using.

bro, get urself a extra batt.

Getting the Gariz half case today too :) grip wise definitely it's sad the grip isn't removable.

So far using both the EM5 and EP5 my conclusion is this , both are great bodies and they actually cater to different niche groups.

The EM5 is the one to choose if u r into system cameras (with the grip, in built EVF, weather resistant) while e Pen series with the rangefinder design is the very reason why I picked Oly MFT in e first place .

2nd day using EP5 my conclusion is :

it does indeed trump the EM5 in some aspects : the focus peaking function + live bulb + Picture story (lame I know but I like) and the overall build and feel alone makes me more than happy. The 2x2 layout & wireless function is great.

Using the VF4 , u will never wana use the EM5 viewfinder again.

And I realized how much I missed the feel of the Pen series :)

I gonna probably sell my x20 soon and simply keep the EM5 and EP5 bodies instead.

For the falling prices , I will confess I'm guilty in being the one who's happy with the lowering prices and bought a new set from one of e guys here too. No regrets at all since what I paid for VF4+EP5 is even lower than a brand new body alone.

A quick comparison will be try using EP5 with VF1 and the 17/1.8 vs using the EM5 with Grip and the 12-35/2.8. Both bodies are great in their own areas and actually overlap very little.

Now it's left to GX7's arrival to totally shake up the market haha.

Wah...and i thought you wouldn't get it :)

Actually for remote iauto function function, you can still control to a certain extent, certain settings (not all) like RAW+jpeg do it in aperture mode first, and apertures setting i believe can be done from live guide in iauto, clumsy but possible. Once you are on wifi, you can't change those settings. good price you paid;)

Wong,

I also thought I wouldn't get it :( until the BBB bug came along with a good deal. Huge bug it was and it squashed me flat

Sigh , my perseverance not strong enough.

At least so far it's been great using the EP5 , at least no regrets & at least my wallet died in peace, not in pieces.

By the way, anyone brought and tested the Hahnel Giga T Pro II remote on the E-P5??

Wana confirm that it works before pulling the trigger on it..

Thanks

Wong,

I also thought I wouldn't get it :( until the BBB bug came along with a good deal. Huge bug it was and it squashed me flat

Sigh , my perseverance not strong enough.

At least so far it's been great using the EP5 , at least no regrets & at least my wallet died in peace, not in pieces.

I hope I can persevere to GX7's looks and EVF (seems very good on specs), the bulge on VF4 can be irritating especially on some of the smaller bags. Though I still like the EP5 or Pens in general alot

Agree, the VF4 sadly is kinda bulky but the resolution and lock functions are exactly what I need so no complaints other than Oly should have bundled a pouch for it in the EP5 package.

I hope u don't persevere haha.
We can always meet up to buy the Gariz half case together haha. Managed to find a store that gives a discount on them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1146651_556875497712430_56042675_n.jpg[IMG]

All ready to go![/QUOTE]

How much is the soft button and any samples of it online?

Edit: This one??

[IMG]http://www.43groups.com/media/feedgator/images/weekly/2011/41/3_6232539833_f87496d69f_o.jpg

Damage??

Last edited:
How much is the soft button and any samples of it online?

Edit: This one??

Damage??

Hi ,

The RRP is $25. Try googling Gariz Soft button. I had a discount so do always ask even though Gariz controls its prices quite strictly.

I find that its difficult to open the battery door after screwing on the Gariz half case.

Hi ,

The RRP is $25. Try googling Gariz Soft button. I had a discount so do always ask even though Gariz controls its prices quite strictly.

How do you get discount?

GQaBTKK.jpg

Updated pic..

Took this using my colleague's EPL6 + 14-42

Last edited: