[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

Merging both threads to be cleaner :)

For detail instructions, please download from the below links.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-P5_INSTR_MANUAL_EN.PDF

PEN_E-P5_EZ-M1442IIR_silver_black__Product_010__x290.png

Great info, thanks for sharing!

Does your battery/battery compartment gets heated up after a short while?

HI,

May I know if it is cheaper if I bought the Pana lens (12-35 and 35-100) from HK and whether is it International Warranty?
Anyone can advise please? Thank you.

HI,

May I know if it is cheaper if I bought the Pana lens (12-35 and 35-100) from HK and whether is it International Warranty?
Anyone can advise please? Thank you.

Cheaper of u get from HK. I got mine at $121x last yr dec and I'm sure it's even cheaper now.

2ndly , Pana unlike Oly do not offer full international warranty so no warranty even if the HK shops tell u so.

Cheaper of u get from HK. I got mine at $121x last yr dec and I'm sure it's even cheaper now.

2ndly , Pana unlike Oly do not offer full international warranty so no warranty even if the HK shops tell u so.

great. Thanks for the info!

Really like the 2x2 dial control, easily one of the better m43 cameras I've used!

The 17/1.8 certainly ain't complete without the good ol' VF-1! :)

9203282981_f7e2ba7280_c.jpg

Black 75mm is available here already ? :0

Anyone notice that the focus peaking does not work if I just pull the focus ring on the lens to manual?
I have to set the AF to manual in the camera settings for the focus peaking to work.

Anyone notice that the focus peaking does not work if I just pull the focus ring on the lens to manual?
I have to set the AF to manual in the camera settings for the focus peaking to work.

Needs firmware update

just collected my very first PEN today.

When i test it in the room, noticed that the LCD was flickering. The same happen on another set that I tested. Just wonder is it normal?

just collected my very first PEN today.

When i test it in the room, noticed that the LCD was flickering. The same happen on another set that I tested. Just wonder is it normal?

No flickering on my set. Is it a constant flicker or when you do something specific?

Yes I notice the focus the peaking doesnt activate automatically when lens is engaged in manual. Perhaps a firmware will fix that.

I notice the EVF also flickers in indoor fluorescent lighting. The menu allows us to set the refresh rate of the EVF to minimize that effect.. Otherwise my EVF works fine in other lighting