To Q or to Q10?

ronald09 said:
is this a good deal? shiiping to US.

Pentax Q 12.4-Megapixel Mirrorless Lens Digital Camera in Black (pictured) or White bundled with the Pentax 28-82mm f/2.8-4.5 Zoom Lens, 8GB SDHC Card, Lightning PDF Converter Pro for Windows, and Pentax Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 for Windows for $246.21 plus $12.99 for shipping

o_O"..?! Somehow it looks like a good deal..

ronald09 said:

Pentax Q 12.4-Megapixel Mirrorless Lens Digital Camera in Black (pictured) or White bundled with the Pentax 28-82mm f/2.8-4.5 Zoom Lens, 8GB SDHC Card, Lightning PDF Converter Pro for Windows, and Pentax Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 for Windows for $246.21 plus $12.99 for shipping

Where?

Wow it looks like a very good deal to me.

Just saw the prices for Q10 in Japan (¥40,000 with 01 standard prime), so much cheaper than here. :'( The Q10's bigger buffer and faster write times have some appeal to me...

Last edited:
ageha said:
Just saw the prices for Q10 in Japan (ï¿¥40k with 01 standard prime), so much cheaper than here. :'( The Q10's bigger buffer and faster write times have some appeal to me...

Then order from there la... But how much cheaper? If not by a large amt after factoring the shipping costs, no point as you'll lose out on the warranty here right?

Then order from there la... But how much cheaper? If not by a large amt after factoring the shipping costs, no point as you'll lose out on the warranty here right?

$579 (¥40,000) with the 01 lens. Here it's between $909 and $959... Not sure why they inflated the price that much here. :) I will fly to Japan anyway tomorrow.

Last edited:
$579 (¥40,000) with the 01 lens. Here it's between $909 and $959... Not sure why they inflated the price that much here. :) I will fly to Japan anyway tomorrow.

I was at Osaka last week, it is even cheaper at electronic shop at den den town (compared to BIC or Yodabashi which is SRP). Q10 single lens kit (02) at ¥34,000 and Q10 dual lens kit (02 and 06 lens) ¥66,000. Was tempted to buy but the wife don't allow:(

You taking order? ;p

Last edited:
I was at Osaka last week, it is even cheaper at electronic shop at den den town (compared to BIC or Yodabashi which is SRP). Q10 single lens kit (01) at ¥34,000 and Q10 dual lens kit (01 and 06 lens) ¥66,000. Was tempted to buy but the wife don't allow:(

You taking order? ;p

Jeez, that means the Q10 single lens kit is 54% - 62% more expensive here! o_O Better stay away from the current deals here.

Sorry mate, will travel through Japan for the next 4 weeks and if I go shopping I want to carry only one set. ;)

Jeez, that means the Q10 single lens kit is 54% - 62% more expensive here! o_O Better stay away from the current deals here.

Sorry mate, will travel through Japan for the next 4 weeks and if I go shopping I want to carry only one set. ;)

Thats really too big a price difference.

At $900+ for the Q10+lens, its obvious those selling it here have not learned from the pricing lesson of the original Q.

Maybe all those interested, pool money for a budget ticket for someone to go Osaka to buy and come back :D :D
(probably only need 8-10ppl at $80-100 ea) :D

Last edited:
Not really, from amazon.co.jp directly it's just ¥39,800 for the dual lens kit (selected colors).

I've no experience with Amazon jp, but website mention only can ship books and DVDs overseas.
Don't think can get them to ship the Q10 over.

dualie said:
I've no experience with Amazon jp, but website mention only can ship books and DVDs overseas.

They can't. :) But I am in Japan. ;)

dualie said:

Can ship to Vpost Japan n re-route, unless Ageha could bring back for us !

WOnder how much is it after shipping and everything.. is it alot of saving compare to buying locally with the same zoom lens?

The price of 02 lens (5-15mm) locally is S$320 i.e. US$256, If you add US$35 for VPost, it is still worth it since you get the Pentax Q body for less than S$50.
I have been looking at Amazon.jp, and was unable to determine if there is international warranty or Japan only or no warranty.