Skiing in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

esp those who've been to Hokkaido...

i'm thinking of going to Hokkaido from jan 12th for my honeymoon. I've never been to Hokkaido b4 and hence was thinking of taking up a package... which would be great if i could have 1-2 days of skiiing there.. however, i understand that to do that, i'd need to rent their ski equipment which can be expensive!...could those who've done that b4 lemme know what kinda costing are we looking at?

besides skiing and all the touristy places, where would u recommend for their famed seafood?
any particular restaurants/eateries? the more authentic and smaller/cosy-er the better :)

Look forward to your help!

Sincere thanx!

PL

How about a pure ski trip? I'd bet its so much more enjoyable than the usual touristy stuff... There's a trip to Hokaido soon!

Check here:

http://www.skiventure.com.sg/

Hi all,

esp those who've been to Hokkaido...

i'm thinking of going to Hokkaido from jan 12th for my honeymoon. I've never been to Hokkaido b4 and hence was thinking of taking up a package... which would be great if i could have 1-2 days of skiiing there.. however, i understand that to do that, i'd need to rent their ski equipment which can be expensive!...could those who've done that b4 lemme know what kinda costing are we looking at?

besides skiing and all the touristy places, where would u recommend for their famed seafood?
any particular restaurants/eateries? the more authentic and smaller/cosy-er the better :)

Look forward to your help!

Sincere thanx!

PL

PL, congrats! but yah... 1-2 days of skiing..have u and your wife done it before? if so... then maybe quite worth it... but if not.... going there and falling for 1 whole day and getting all sore isn't really the perfect honeymoon plan...

equipment wise, it's always going to be ex if you rent... but i guess you can check out some of their packages... with the 3/5 day lift passes... those are more worth it i think...
hope that helps... raymond

Congratulations!

& if you are the same plsoong in betta forum, then you will understand the betta lingo "happy wrapping & make bubble nest" - if not, then happy honeymoon.

If you intend to go somewhere for skiing & good scenaries & havent booked anything yet, consider Switzerland. Buy the rail pass from the airports or train stations & travel to different cities along the rail. Many ski resorts. Zermatt is a nice place, they do not allow other vehicles to enter the mountains, only their electrical vehicles can be used to minimise pollution. The place is very tourist friendly to travel on free and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.