[ Rubbish Thread ] Why so many people use canon rather than olympus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimin5zidane

May 19, 2010
Woodlands
I am so confused why people are using canon rather than olympus. Canon does have more variety for lens and cameras. But canon is becoming a trend. People are saying my olympus e-620 is not good while having a canon 1000d is good enough. Sometimes, i feel like changing my system to canon. Any opinions on this issue?

i am so confused why people are wearing pancakes on their heads rather than hats. pancakes seem to come in more variety than hats. pancakes seem to be becoming a trend. people are saying that my cowboy hat is not good enough while having a chocolate pancake is good enough. sometimes i feel like changing my hat to a pancake. any opinions on this issue?

yeah - form your own opinions and stop letting others lead you by the nose.

I am so confused why people are using canon rather than olympus. Canon does have more variety for lens and cameras. But canon is becoming a trend. People are saying my olympus e-620 is not good while having a canon 1000d is good enough. Sometimes, i feel like changing my system to canon. Any opinions on this issue?

have you seen canon users with bad photos?

you should see

you can use the best camera in the world and if you can't make good use of it, you might as well don't use at all

i am so confused why people are wearing pancakes on their heads rather than hats. pancakes seem to come in more variety than hats. pancakes seem to be becoming a trend. people are saying that my cowboy hat is not good enough while having a chocolate pancake is good enough. sometimes i feel like changing my hat to a pancake. any opinions on this issue?

yeah - form your own opinions and stop letting others lead you by the nose.

Good point :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

have you seen canon users with bad photos?

you should see

you can use the best camera in the world and if you can't make good use of it, you might as well don't use at all

don't anyhow say.

this is taken by a canon 5d and L lens - please note the red L.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buayakeren/4618821873/

it is art. :thumbsup::thumbsup: see, the guy even put it into his art folder.

so are you all saying that canon and olympus are of the same level?

Wah lao,Nightmare86 come de siao again:bsmilie:

Just kidding

In any case, just because some one uses Canon doesn't mean you have to follow,its your choice, I carry a big bag when I travel overseas because I have a bigger body,bigger body means bigger clothes which means more space is taken up

If you're happy with your Olympus,stick with it,if you're not and want to change,nobody can stop you,like many others before myself, there is no one all be all system,if the system fits you,it fits you,nuff said

we're saying that the photographer makes the biggest difference, not the camera

Very true

All cameras today more or less are on par with each other in one way or another,but the biggest factor is,what suits you,if it suits you,it suits you

thank you for the responses!
i nvr tried brands other than olympus. So i wouldn't actually know the difference.
I tried sony a330 before and sony is just too simple.

There's always pros and cons in every system.If u can't live or get around the cons,then change system.question is do u know your system well enough or what u really want?

people have won photo competitions with a simple P&S - am i saying that P&S = dslr.. no.

what i'm saying is that you have your own preferences. 8000 people tell me nikon good, i can see that it is good. so what? i still like my k20d. it meets what *i* need.

i'm not saying that olympus is necessarily better than canon. i'm saying that none of them are necessarily better than each other.

loads of people just parrot what the camera salesmen tell them. most camera salesmen will tell you "oh, buy canon, nikon, they popular, loads of people using them". here are some pictures from a pentax camera that most people in singapore will never buy:

1507225683_195fb48df1.jpg

3153974958_ee923a585f.jpg

3418668616_e76f65df1a.jpg

next time your friends tell you canon > olympus, show them pictures taken by an olympus that they cannot take with their 1000d, 550d, 50d, 7d, whatever:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtsoft/2473473487/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtsoft/

I tried sony a330 before and sony is just too simple.

what is "too simple" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

you would rather use a complicated camera where you don't know half the functions, and then you can feel pro while being confused by it? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

You should go read up more to understand the strengths/weaknesses of each system first before taking the next step to decide whether to change system or not. For what works for him may not work for you.

Unfortunately, you just missed the kopi session we had last night, if not we could give you a better overview of the strengths/weaknesses of each system and hopefully you can decide what works best for you.

One way to circumvent this is to improve on your shots and when people stat praising your shots and realize that you are using an Olympus, they won't ask why are you not using a Canon.

And if they still ask, just need to tell them that you, your clients, your friends, relatives, gf, bf, dog, cat, are very happy with the shots and think they are very nice.

Hi, A camera may have features easy to learn while another with complicated features which are difficult to understand. A camera may suit your style of shooting but you may not suit the camera. So, choose a camera with features that suits your taste and that gives the least stress to user.

I believe is due to the fact that most people are exposed to Canon ad's than Olympus ad's. Like on TV, newspaper and sometimes the net. Canon spent more on advertisements than Olympus? Correct me if I'm wrong. And besides, most teenagers like myself prefer models that aren't too old and yet affordable with most of the functions of those high-end DSLR's. I guess its pretty much boils down to how well the company sells its product then.:dunno:

thanks for the awesome responses! i think its true that good pics come from any camera. thanks guys!

I believe is due to the fact that most people are exposed to Canon ad's than Olympus ad's. Like on TV, newspaper and sometimes the net. Canon spent more on advertisements than Olympus? Correct me if I'm wrong. And besides, most teenagers like myself prefer models that aren't too old and yet affordable with most of the functions of those high-end DSLR's. I guess its pretty much boils down to how well the company sells its product then.:dunno:

Yes canon spend alot on advertising. I think I have mentioned this many times, take MacDonald for an example, ater watching their ads so many times you will think that their burger is betta than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.