Recommend Light Bulbs to use with studio tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno... i find those philips 1 too small... mayb i have been looking at the wrong things...

btw cool daylight is not white... its yellowish, mayb something wrong here as well...

ic, thanks, will try hunting again. The cool daylight I saw at carrefour seems white to me hehe, the warm daylight is yellowish, maybe I need to check again too :)

Played with the eastgear lights yesterday, realised that they were oni 125watts

ic, thanks for clearing my misunderstanding.

zedwerkz said:
Got stupid qns to ask, what about those philips engery saving light bulbs, with cool daylight color, 23 watts of electricity supposely equivalent to 100 watts of light. They come in e27 sockets too, can those be used ? I'm thinking of setting up a mini table top work area to play around too. Thanks.

not powerful enough, i have 2 x 20W liao...wasted

Go get the 30W for $6.90, cheap and powerful.

Thanks for the heads up, can I know where to get them ? So far the highest I've seen is 25watts = 125watts kind, and they cost $8.90 at HomeFix.

The same place where Del_CtrlnoAlt got his 65W :eek: energy saving bulbs

but i found that the 65W is too expensive ($28 each!) and too huge to fit into my light stand without modification. i rather use the money to get two more light stands ($24) + 4 x 30W ($26), still cheaper than getting 2 x 65W ($56).

Also, i believe 4 x 30W will be more powerful than 2 x 65W in practise

WaI, actually there are 96W compact tubes, but those are the long ones and not spiral (pretty long, i think nearly 1m). These would be equivalent of about 500W tungsten halogen lamps. :D

Thanks Wai, will go down to take a look soon, is there any specific brand to look out for, or just one type only? Thanks again.

Hehe, 2100, 1m long tubes are not exactly compact...

zedwerkz said:
Thanks Wai, will go down to take a look soon, is there any specific brand to look out for, or just one type only? Thanks again.

Hehe, 2100, 1m long tubes are not exactly compact...

make sure u get the cool white light and not warm light

actually... make sure u test the bulbs... even thou the box said cool white, its warm light when i use at home...

btw wai, its very very easy to mod the stand... believe me, i did in about 2 mins time...

Status
Not open for further replies.