Recommend Light Bulbs to use with studio tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tried the tertial, its a no go if u intent to use the reflector, the bulb is simply too big...

u mean have to remove the "bowl" from the light stand?? if not, what reflector do u mean?

ya that 'bowl'.... isn't that called the reflector? hehe...

anyway the socket is too deep in, the bowl will make the lamp protrude about 3-4mm... so the stand's contact points can't touch the lamp's contact points. by removing the bowl then will the lamp barely touch the points.

hmm...if just a few mm, can try to pull out the contact points or add a piece of wire to "extend" it right?

the most important thing is whether the base of the bulb can screw into the socket with the reflector bowl

if can...i am going to get it today liao

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i go try... if it works i let you know...

went to the shop to check out the bulb...really huge siah...but as long as it can screw inside the socket with the bowl on, just need to modify the contact a bit and it should work

too bad only left with one bulb, so i did not get it in the end

anywhere got sell such bulb?

one Tashi and one KES cool light :(

a few KES warm light too

wonder anywhere else got such bulb, best if can find the distro :D

bo eng... hehehe... eh btw, your fren look familiar... wonder where i see her b4...

today might be busy... anyway u live around NEL, my office is on the stretch as well... wanna drop by my area we do testing... cos i dun have a DSLR to do f16

finally solved the problem with just 1 small little handy part which come in abundance in my workshop... haiz...

wai i gotten the stand to work with the lamp already... u wanna try it out?

need to get the bulb again, wonder where can find the supplier

i came across similar version by Megaman, selling $60+ for 52W :(

otherCFL2.jpg

http://www.megaman.com.sg/images/Product_Spec/Energy Saving Lamps/jumbo.pdf

Cheaper alternative will be 30W version, $25 :(
http://www.megaman.com.sg/images/Product_Spec/Energy Saving Lamps/tubular30W- WL tube .pdf

(right click and save as to view)

Wai, you may wanna consider the CRI rating of the bulbs as well. CRI= color rendering index. Which is quite important if you wanna use the lights for photography.
;)

i think i will get the cheaper one that u got instead. :p

btw, how many sets of light you got? i saw at least 4 in your sig :bigeyes:

need so many meh?

that shop no more 65W cool white energy saving lamp and they are not going to order also.

in the end i got 2 x 30W cool white bulb at $6.90 each, bargained to $13 for both. actually it is cheaper to set up 4 x 30W lights than 2 x 65W lights, the light stand just $12, add one more 30W bulb only $18.50 for whole set :D Probably i will get one more light stand if 2 x 30W not enough

Got stupid qns to ask, what about those philips engery saving light bulbs, with cool daylight color, 23 watts of electricity supposely equivalent to 100 watts of light. They come in e27 sockets too, can those be used ? I'm thinking of setting up a mini table top work area to play around too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.