Recommend Light Bulbs to use with studio tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
jia lat... 1 shot so many post from me... anyway here goes...

according to my dad who bought it for me, they do not have the facilities to test the light bulb, and they made a mistake, giving him 2 bulbs of different colors, now i have 1 white & 1 yellow light. so for those who are making a purchase, please note the model number...

6800K EX-D is the white color 1
2900K EX-W is the yellow color 1.

the model number can be read on the top of the box.

Wai said:
any pic of the bulb? i wonder if it can fit my exisiting light stand...

i go take 1 with a ruler beside it... get the rough idea... u wan in white light or yellow light? hehehe... btw u need wat kinda background color... :bsmilie:

anyway wait for my pics... i am going down to change the yellow 1 later. :sweat:

erm, a ruler will be good enough

May be u can check with the shop and see if can get better price for mass order? :p

since so many CSer have bought the tent, i am sure they will need some sort of lights too

wah..thanks

that's huge, 25cm long!!

i think most important is the width of the base, i scare too big cannot screw in. can help me to measure the diameter of the base?

the 20W i am using now has a diameter of 5cm at the base, length only14cm, yours is twice as long, hopefully the base is not too big.

anyway, the socket portion is about 2.5cm diameter, is it the same for yours?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dun think possible to do MO kind... at most tell him more ppl will buy, tell them about clubsnap and they will go.. :dunno:

i mean we consolidate the order and make bulk purchase, may be can get some discount :p

Wai said:
wah..thanks

that's huge, 25cm long!!

i think most important is the width of the base, i scare too big cannot screw in. can help me to measure the diameter of the base?

the 20W i am using now has a diameter of 5cm at the base, length only14cm, yours is twice as long, hopefully the base is not too big.

anyway, the socket portion is about 2.5cm diameter, is it the same for yours?

the socket base that i bought, its about 25mm diameter, depth of the base is 20mm estimate...

anyway, u can pm me where you stay, i just pass you the socket u test with your existing bulb, or u wan can bring the bulb over u test see can anot, cos bigger = heavier, wonder your stand can tahan anot...

Wai said:
it's ok, i will just bring my light stand along to try out before i buy

thanks

btw i haven went there, but my dad say the guy there was reluctant to test the bulbs, so not sure if they will allow you to test... my dad commented that the guy there is BLF (blur like fxxk) hehehe...

guys!!! giving you guys a heads up now!!!

do not buy the tashi 1, they have a smaller unit, KES Light Capsule Super, also 65W comparable to 325W lights, and its 9000k color...

its brighter than the Tashi 1... might be due to the kelvin...

and damn... i went there with the wire i made, they dun let me test, i came back with a Tashi yellow AGAIN!!! tomorrow morning going down again... they do not have the white tashi lights anymore, cos they said the supposedly white light is actually the last piece.

KES light capsule super? should be white light too since it is 9000K

how abt the price? may be i can go down with u to take a look tomolo

how is the size of the KES one? got take pic of it? u should have go somewhere to test it before u go home... :p

its really alot smaller than the 25cm one that i took the picture off... now at home, my camera is in the office now... mayb use A80 take... but den again... mem cards all in office... hehehe...

its the same price as the Tashi 1, 28 bucks.

should be going down tomorrow morning, will have breakfast at chinatown... so not sure what time u wanna come along.

I thought the boxes got all the info....E27 base and etc....

Just go to Ikea and find the holders and stands and etc..lor. These bulbs got built in ballasts, usually E-ballasts since it's so light. E27 is european, Ikea is swedish so should have. Quite standard.

Just remember to get the COOL daylight.... don't get warm. Don't try to remember any model numbers, cannot make it man. :D

I never buy lar, i don't do product shots. :D

what happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.