Items From DD Electronics

f28.jpg

I got all my lenses above from DD.

Just to share.
Initially thought of getting used from B&S, but found the pricing not realistic.
For example, no warranty local set and used condition more expensive than a brand new grey set from DD. Also, some out of warrant local set are priced less attractive, near to what I can buy brand new from DD, and yet still get to enjoy one year shop warranty, which is better than no warranty right?

But do your homework, there are some real bargains at B&S that is cheaper than DD and comes with local warranty.

At the end of the day, do homework and weighs the benefits.

freezy1977 said:
I got all my lenses above from DD.

Just to share.
Initially thought of getting used from B&S, but found the pricing not realistic.
For example, no warranty local set and used condition more expensive than a brand new grey set from DD. Also, some out of warrant local set are priced less attractive, near to what I can buy brand new from DD, and yet still get to enjoy one year shop warranty, which is better than no warranty right?

But do your homework, there are some real bargains at B&S that is cheaper than DD and comes with local warranty.

At the end of the day, do homework and weighs the benefits.

Yes, agree. If there is anything I need, I will just buy new or g

But what if the lens you got from them got front/back focus issue? You can't tell this by looking on the 3" screen unless viewed on a larger monitor, will they accept calibbration?

maldito said:
But what if the lens you got from them got front/back focus issue? You can't tell this by looking on the 3" screen unless viewed on a larger monitor, will they accept calibbration?

They have 30 days 1-1 exchange

SamTac said:

Good point, that is something tk, ms, cp etc dun have, correct me if I am wrong.

So far I only bought a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 to test out. Everything was smooth and sales person is friendly. Would love to deal with them again if price is right.
Has anyone exchanged lens with focus prob with 1-1 exchange? I'm afraid some sellers might think buyers are being difficult etc.

Good point, that is something tk, ms, cp etc dun have, correct me if I am wrong.

Bought from CP before, and they mentioned they do not allow exchange once out of the shop. Need to go back to Canon. That is quite a turn off :thumbsd:

Just collected a brand new original BP511-A battery for my 5D classic today. Cost only $66.70 cash payment :)

This is really a good price as I all along thought it cost above $100. Confirmed is original with Canon seal on packaging.

gerardo12 said:
Just collected a brand new original BP511-A battery for my 5D classic today. Cost only $66.70 cash payment :)

This is really a good price as I all along thought it cost above $100. Confirmed is original with Canon seal on packaging.

Good deal!

zurichdo said:
Bought from CP before, and they mentioned they do not allow exchange once out of the shop. Need to go back to Canon. That is quite a turn off :thumbsd:

Cant blame them cos the local distributors may have strict return policies..

Yes bought my nikon 50 1.4d at $369 after 2 percent discount wonder how those bro post their 501.4 mint selling at $450 neg with few month warrantyha ha... I wonder those famous shop like cathey ,camera workshop , orient, Ms , allen ready have hard time now their 50 1.4D selling nearly 100 dollar more :confused:. Humm good for consumer :D

was helping a friend check 50D prices, and went to check DD website, seems that 50D has been taken off, anyone managed to buy 50D recently at the shop?

bring laptop, measuring tape and shoot tethered

I've been a regular DDe website visitor and bought a few things there before (like 24-105L, 580ExII, orig. 7D battery). However, I'm starting to get annoyed/lose patience with them recently... ;(

I've placed order for Gary Fong's WhaleTail Studio (yeah, the toilet bowl on flash) just before X'mas 2010 and until now the stock haven't come in yet. They said they are still trying to get it but can't get hold of stock, this n that. Don't get me wrong, Asman & Mike(?) are really helpful great salesmen but this stock waiting time is getting me on my nerves :angry: :(

Does anyone know where else here in Sg can get that original version of the toilet bowl? I'm losing so much patience that I might decide on getting a Lightsphere Collapsible instead... but I really want that toilet bowl! :dunno:

Any advices?

I've been a regular DDe website visitor and bought a few things there before (like 24-105L, 580ExII, orig. 7D battery). However, I'm starting to get annoyed/lose patience with them recently... ;(

I've placed order for Gary Fong's WhaleTail Studio (yeah, the toilet bowl on flash) just before X'mas 2010 and until now the stock haven't come in yet. They said they are still trying to get it but can't get hold of stock, this n that. Don't get me wrong, Asman & Mike(?) are really helpful great salesmen but this stock waiting time is getting me on my nerves :angry: :(

Does anyone know where else here in Sg can get that original version of the toilet bowl? I'm losing so much patience that I might decide on getting a Lightsphere Collapsible instead... but I really want that toilet bowl! :dunno:

Any advices?

You can check with CP...

Had placed an order for a lens on the 29 Jan 2011 and still awaiting....status "AWAITING STOCK".....more than 10 days:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Had placed an order for a lens on the 29 Jan 2011 and still awaiting....status "AWAITING STOCK".....more than 10 days:sweat::sweat::sweat:

I placed my order on 19 Jan and received it on 2 Feb... but good things come to those who wait :bsmilie:

I placed my order on 19 Jan and received it on 2 Feb... but good things come to those who wait :bsmilie:

Oh I :bigeyes: Thought I would be able to get it within a week....Well still "Awaiting for Stock"...seow liao

One point to note about buying from DD is to have some patience... the product might arrive later then their stated...

also, do give them a ring after the ETA date if they did not call you... don't depend on their web update... sometime the goods might had arrived but due to their busy work they might miss it..

afterall, its about the weightage between the cost diff and the waiting time...