Items From DD Electronics

lchow

May 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

I just want to check if electronics supplier (including camera lenses) DD Electronics is trustworthy and reliable?

Anyone had any experience dealing with them before?

Here's the site: http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/

Thought of buying lenses from them. ;)

Thank you!! :sweatsm:

hmm i bought my Kiss x3(500d) from them... DD email response are fast also... still no doubts about them yet though..lol... maybe others care to share too? Just remember to add ur 7% gst to calculate ur final price... errmm another thing... He (Mike) waived off 2% from my total purchase because i paid by cash dunno if its anything similar to any other merchants..

Hi Guys,

I just want to check if electronics supplier (including camera lenses) DD Electronics is trustworthy and reliable?

Anyone had any experience dealing with them before?

Here's the site: http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/

Thought of buying lenses from them. ;)

Thank you!! :sweatsm:

I think they are selling grey sets. Their canon stuff seems more expensive than the local sets you can get in funan. Their tamron stuff is worse when you consider that local set at funan is not only cheaper, but come with extra 2 years warranty from JEL.

Bought memory card there recently, paid cash and got 2% discount. Treated ok.

Okay, Thanks guys! :)

Do you know if they offer canon international warranty for their canon lenses? I tried calling the number listed on their websites many times but nobody picked up, left messages but nobody bothered to call back. Are they legit?

Do you know if they offer canon international warranty for their canon lenses? I tried calling the number listed on their websites many times but nobody picked up, left messages but nobody bothered to call back. Are they legit?

Yes, for Canon lenses , it's international warranty. I enquired with DD today.

I bought my 580EX II from them,
so far no problem at all:)

May i ask if the warranty is covered under Canon Singapore? The price difference is too great.:confused:

Looking at the timing of responses, profile of "askers" and "answerers" .. This thread reeks heavily of viral marketing ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks man! I notice that their prices do fluctuate quite frequently and the difference for the 580EXII is just too great to be true. Maybe its just me.

when ever you get too good deals, they are almost certainly not true...

especially when it comes to electronics and cameras..

thats why alot of people don't shop online but at their fav stores... cos trustworthy and proven track record ma.. and some got fren fren status ma..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

May i ask if the warranty is covered under Canon Singapore? The price difference is too great.:confused:

no,shop warranty only.usually canon warranty cover hardware defect only,
so I choose to buy it from them,because that time they were selling for only 570+:bsmilie:

no,shop warranty only.usually canon warranty cover hardware defect only,
so I choose to buy it from them,because that time they were selling for only 570+:bsmilie:

Good Price!!

Just To Share.

Bought my Sigma 50mm f1.4 from DD at $593 after a 2% discount.

Shop warranty for 12 mths covered also the front back focusing issue.

For that kind of pricing, i think is a good deal as compare to the above $800 which most shop are selling.

Cheers,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

no doubt its grey set, but the owner is nice and kind, the price is great, and good service, fast email response...
highly recommended !

The current price of their 430EXII is at S$384, i'm not sure if its their best price but sounds tempting for me.

I don't understand the negative feed back for DD Electronics .
Bought a Canon lens from the guy .
Promised delivery within a week and was spot on , e-mail by Day 6 that the lens was ready for collection .
2% discount for cash some more.
Best of all , his price was just a few dollars above the second hand asking price in the BnS .

Abit out of the way though .

Not all his prices are competetive , need to shop around ,