Items From DD Electronics

I think cheesy was saying what happens within the 1 year warranty period not after the period.

oops... sorry... my bad... i read wrongly...

within the 1 year period, they would take the product and it is up to the shop how they want to fix it. I am not DDE, so can't speak for them, but I've spoken to other shops that sell grey sets and they tell me that depending on whether there is a service center in SG, they would send it in and bear the cost of the repairs.

thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup:

As was told, for the first 30 days they are able to send back to their supplier. So consumer are allow to do one to one exchange for defect.

There are few ways that parallel importer can do. It might not be the same as for your laptop.

As I know of are below,

Example local agent sell Japan item A for $1000 with 5 years warranty.

Parallel importer choose to,

1) Buy direct from Japan without warranty for $500.

2) Buy direct from Japan with 30 days warranty for $600.

The parallel importer will bear the warranty themselves after.

Is not suprise if they mention " own technician".

1) Employ own technician

2) Outsource to repair workshop in local

My humble 2 cents.:)
any idea if the gray sets of nikon lens are the ones sold without warranty?

I brought a Canon speedlite, EF24mm F1.4 LII and EF50mm F1.2L from DD. I also got their extended warranty for a peace of mind. So far no problem:thumbsup:.

Just got a sigma lens from them. Waited abt 2 weeks. They are very friendly and I was happy cos another 2% off if paid by cash. Went back and tested the lens found there is intermittent AF problem. So went back 2 days later for exchange. This time they seemed to be not as friendly as what it was when u send things back with problem. They said they going to sent for repair and I thought it supposed to be 1 to 1 exchange. they didn't want to tell me where they going to send it to and need another 2 weeks. I don't feel comfortable if I leave the lens with them. So I collected the lens the following day. When I was there, I saw another gentlemen who bought a lens from them also having some problem and this guy seemed to be very worry and keep asking abt the status since he already left the lens there for a few days.

For those who want cheap can try and take the risk. I'm the unlucky 1 who got a faulty lens.

Bought a popular L lens there, got some prob during inspection (told mike abt it) but decide to bring hme to test (din bring body...). IMO He is definately not trained in this field....

Went back 2nd day and was told they will sent for repair but i insisted a replacement as it was "new but faulty" set. Took a photo of the "faulty" lens s/n and return them the lens. Requested for him to acknowledge the return of lens on my receipt with Company stamp but he only signed...

Receive call from them 4 days later to collect another brand new lens!

Although not a very ideal experience but gotta give credit to them for honouring without any fuss :thumbsup: