Group Exhibition for MF and LF users on CS?

sprewell said:
Final list:

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei
11. Knight
12. sweat100
13. Hong
14. mamypoko
15. DesmondLeong
16. jaiyen
17. aquilaa
18. bearxiangz
19. scandiacus

I'm at work now but tonight I will PM you on the money thing. Only counts if the money has been transferred. Sorry for being pushy on the money part but it's the best way to deter people who drop off/indicate participation but MIA.

I will of course keep a log of the money spent and will produce the accounts when requested. All receipts and expenditure will be logged.

Hi bros...i sent 2 pics in this forum for u to judge the quality. I dont hv much pics on 645. Pls advice thx

Hi bros...i sent 2 pics in this forum for u to judge the quality. I dont hv much pics on 645. Pls advice thx

Hello Jaiyen, I think those two photos are not strong in terms of composition.

For the first shot, there is nothing on the foreground to anchor your shot. Interesting cloud details but nothing more.

For the second shot, the positive and negative space ratio is not very well balanced, making the composition weak.

Do you have more photos that you would like to share?

Hello to the 19 photographers on board this new initiative.

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei
11. Knight
12. sweat100
13. Hong
14. mamypoko
15. DesmondLeong
16. jaiyen
17. aquilaa
18. bearxiangz
19. scandiacus

The next step would be to make payment and submit your set of 5-10 photos for evaluation.

My POSB savings is 170-27409-1. Please ensure that, upon confirmation of transfer, you drop me a PM on CS or on email with your real name + CS user name + transaction ID.

This will take a while I reckon but let me know as soon as possible.

So far I have lkkang's selection and we more or less agreed on the shot to feature from him.

Hi, Thx for the comments. I don't really shoot much with 645. Below are few more i have. I hope to learn more from you all and hope to see some good example from you all guys.
If still dont have the shots that you all asked for, i will willing withdraw my name and let others professional to join in and hope to see the show case successfully organised. thanks.

529647_500923193268023_1702620303_n.jpg

564113_500923216601354_1249236494_n.jpg

531475_500923673267975_989389204_n.jpg

481100_500163146677361_588093301_n.jpg

Hi, Thx for the comments. I don't really shoot much with 645. Below are few more i have. I hope to learn more from you all and hope to see some good example from you all guys.
If still dont have the shots that you all asked for, i will willing withdraw my name and let others professional to join in and hope to see the show case successfully organised. thanks.

no need to be so hasty, still got 1 mth to go for submission right? Maybe you can ask the other participants what they plan to shoot, and you can get ideas there.

Shoot something simple and within dynamic range. Abstracts, still life, flowers, etc. A good composition, but need not be visually spectacular. (I think that's what sprewell might be looking for??)

foxtwo said:
no need to be so hasty, still got 1 mth to go for submission right? Maybe you can ask the other participants what they plan to shoot, and you can get ideas there.

Shoot something simple and within dynamic range. Abstracts, still life, flowers, etc. A good composition, but need not be visually spectacular. (I think that's what sprewell might be looking for??)

Foxtwo thx for your advise....its not about hasty or not....is just that we all wanted to see the sc successfully done with nice photos....will try to spend time take then. Thx

hmm...don be discouraged..try taking more pics...

jaiyen said:

So all these still cant make it? Pls advise....thx i wont be discourage cause my lecturer did say something that diff people see things differently....some day your cup of tea will be tasted as long u still follow what is learned is right.

will try to spend time take then. Thx

Yes this is the answer to yourself. I personally received my 6x7 camera about two weeks ago, which means I didnt have much time to work with it.
If you signed up for this Showcase and agree that you want results, the only way is to shoot more and not rely on your 'past work'.
You already stated earlier that you 'dont shoot much with it'.

So all these still cant make it? Pls advise....thx i wont be discourage cause my lecturer did say something that diff people see things differently....some day your cup of tea will be tasted as long u still follow what is learned is right.

don be offended here...my humble opinion but i feel the subject of the picture are not strong enough yet especially in view of showcasing. Probably need some interesting subjects and composition to get the things right?

Anyway i no pro myself..and probably its just my own opinion...

Last edited:
pikapig said:
don be offended here...my humble opinion but i feel the subject of the picture are not strong enough yet especially in view of showcasing. Probably need some interesting subjects and composition to get the things right?

Anyway i no pro myself..and probably its just my own opinion...

Haha don worry....am here to learn and learn....theres still alot to learn in life....thx for the comments. Will keep it in mind.

Benji77 said:
Yes this is the answer to yourself. I personally received my 6x7 camera about two weeks ago, which means I didnt have much time to work with it.
If you signed up for this Showcase and agree that you want results, the only way is to shoot more and not rely on your 'past work'.
You already stated earlier that you 'dont shoot much with it'.

Errrr....u know i got a friend that he sent his photos for contest and won some prizes. The photos he took is months ago....not bcos he saw the contest and start to shoot. I guess everyone here shoot alot and keep pictures that they like. So if someday we meet and u show me your past picture can i say that to u? Haha....no offence pls. Of cos am still shooting now. I show my pic here is bcos they said wanted to judge it and b4 i can go shoot again, i posted some that i took last month only for comments.

looking forward to seeing ur submission....don give up :)

Join us for the next outing!

pikapig said:
looking forward to seeing ur submission....don give up :)

Join us for the next outing!

Yes i will thx for ur encouragement. Will put my dslr aside and gear up for my 645.......thx ;)

Don't be discouraged, I have only shot LF for a little more than 8 months and have about 60-80 shots so far, including mistakes and bang wall shots.

Composition, exposure and developing errors there are only a handful of shots that can see "light"

Keep shooting don't give up!

Shadowleong said:
Don't be discouraged, I have only shot LF for a little more than 8 months and have about 60-80 shots so far, including mistakes and bang wall shots.

Composition, exposure and developing errors there are only a handful of shots that can see "light"

Keep shooting don't give up!

Ok thx for all the encouragement. Will keep on walking and shooting ;). I bought it early this year but shoot only 2 to 3 times only. If till that day i still cant produce what the sc want then i am sorry....gdluck to all. Will attend too if am not selected to show my support. :)

The abstract shot of the Gardens by the Bay dome has got real potential. That said, I agree with the rest and use this time to go and shoot more.

The good thing about this showcase is that it makes us go out and shoot more and it helps that it's not limited by a theme. Therefore you have more creative freedom.

Looking forward to more shots. Email me if you want private feedback.

1. Sprewell (paid)
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong (paid)
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77 (paid)
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei
11. Knight
12. sweat100 (paid)
13. Hong
14. mamypoko
15. DesmondLeong
16. jaiyen
17. aquilaa
18. bearxiangz
19. scandiacus (paid)

1. Sprewell (paid)
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong (paid)
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77 (paid)
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei
11. Knight
12. sweat100 (paid)
13. Hong
14. mamypoko
15. DesmondLeong
16. jaiyen
17. aquilaa
18. bearxiangz
19. scandiacus (paid)
20. recap

please count me in too! just difficult to pick a picture to share! :)

Lets meet up sometime, for coffee chatting and some directions.

I propose next Saturday. How about that?
The ones I put * are buddy buddy, need to meet up. Face to face talk is better than on line forumn lah.
:)

1. Sprewell (paid)
2. *Nikkornos
3. *lkkang
4. *Shadowleong (paid)
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77 (paid)
7. *paapoopa
8. lcy
9. *Kgston
10. *Fei
11. *Knight