Group Exhibition for MF and LF users on CS?

sprewell

Nov 5, 2005
Punggol
www.bythewei.net
Random idea:

Anybody MF/LF users here interested in doing a group exhibition?

Each photographer chooses his/her best shot and make a print out of it to exhibit. The objective of this exhibition is to promote medium and large format photography in Singapore.

To qualify for this, your contributing shot has to be done using any MF/LF cameras out in the market. It can be scanned digitally or printed using darkroom.

To raise the barrier of entry so that only serious users take part, I propose a entry fee of $50 per person. The pooled money can go into venue rental/printing/framing/food/drinks/publicity collaterals.

I just want to get an indication of who is interested before I look into this and find sponsors.

1. Sprewell

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos

Well done. The LF guys are rushing for a target to do an exhibition by end 2012.

This will instill discipline to reaching this goal.

Note that 6X6 or 6X9 slides can be printer using Cibachrome. Is Fotohub still doing it?

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang

I am interested to participate.

My brother just did some printings. Not on photo paper , the paper used is glossy paper type ( used for movie poster hanging on wall ).

printing A2 size with mounting is S$8 only
we can try with A1 size, I think the price is about $15 with mounting.

Venue is a problem... :think:

cheers
Billy

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4, Shadowleong

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77

Let me see if I can get a venue (at cost), as well as check if my friend can gimme frames at a discount or even sponsored.

Malaysia one is commando style. enter with full flake jaket plus helmet plus m16.

of cos!!

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa

Don't worry about venue first. Once we get the number of photographers who are into this, I will have an indication of size and physical space needed to make this happen.

I will also think about sponsors.

Pretty darn sure camera rental's new exhibition space is one of the places we can consider. If any one of you have other ideas, please contribute in this thread too!

paapoopa said:
of cos!!

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa

How 645 cam? Consider mf? I got a digital back ok?

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy

Just so we are clear about this, I think digital MF is acceptable as well. So do join in the group!

I will keep this open till end of the week. Once the week is up, I will get an indication of how many people are in and we can look for venues accordingly.

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston

I can sponsor scanning for those using mf film. I would love to sponsor scanning for lf film too, but drum scanner not working.. Basically I'll scan the frame you intend to submit for the exhibition FOC.
However because I will be away from September, films need to reach me by end Aug.

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston

I can sponsor scanning for those using mf film. I would love to sponsor scanning for lf film too, but drum scanner not working.. Basically I'll scan the frame you intend to submit for the exhibition FOC.
However because I will be away from September, films need to reach me by end Aug.

Our first sponsor!

The stars are slowing but surely lining up for this to happen.

So far we have 9 guys taking up this initiative so that's $450 bucks for venue.

Oh man kgston, was thinking about sending my LF film to you for scanning, Looks like a Darkroom print it shall be

kgston ! Lf ready? ;)
this is awesome.

Last edited:
1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei

I can sponsor Venue! Provided before October!

1. Sprewell
2. Nikkornos
3. lkkang
4. Shadowleong
5. ChristopherOng
6. Benji77
7. paapoopa
8. lcy
9. Kgston
10. Fei
11. Knight