Canon 60D Price Reference

Erm... if I am not wrong, the prices are in the 1400-1500 range direct from shop.
Alan Photo quoted me 1490 for the Kit I and 1320 for Body only about 3 mths back. The price should be around that level now.
If you wish to go to the B&S section, it can be found for about 1350-1400 for the Kit I. You'll be sacrificing a little bit of warranty, but otherwise, its quite a good price if you can find one in minty condition. I got my 60D Kit I for just 1375 in an unopened condition.

Just bought a Canon 60D body off someone in Clubsnap who won it through an auction site for $1,200. Only eligible for the free tripod through online warranty reg.

Bought the EF-S 15-85mm lense from JO for $1,080 (inclusive GST). No box as taken out of a 7D kit.

Hey I think you go SLR cheaper .. is only $1408 for the 60d body .
I bought me 2weeks ago from there. Kit one is $1508.
I think he is the cheapest already. you can go down to funnan is @ level 4 if i'm not wrong.
The shop name is SLR revolution .To enjoy such great prices, all payment by cash ..
Have Fun :)

Last edited:
Dear people.
The below are what I bought in a shop in Chinatown. I did not buy the kit lens. Bought body alone..

60D Body - $1407 (GST inclusive)
Tamron lens(18-200mm) - $389(3 yr warranty)
UV filter, Spare batt & Screen protector - $60
Total - $1856 (GST inclusive)
Freebies : 8gb SD card, EOS messenger bag & tripod to be exchanged upon warranty registration(1yr)..

I believe you must be referring to this shop listed in ebay?

http://stores.ebay.com.sg/Andrew2ong-Cameras-and-Accessories/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=995605009&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=4

I am currently using the pricelist shown by this shop as a benchmark for the price of gear I am intending to buy. Did a little homework for the past couple of weeks and noted that many items they are selling are cheaper than the usual famous shops. Moreover they are local sets with warranty. Definitely more updated in pricing than the price guide we have here. You guys may want to use it as a reference, or can try contacting the person.

Challenger NEX is selling 60D Kit II for S$2049 with free bag, 8GB, Sanyo camera & tripod.... Which is more worth, Kit II or Kit III for beginner??

Challenger NEX is selling 60D Kit II for S$2049 with free bag, 8GB, Sanyo camera & tripod.... Which is more worth, Kit II or Kit III for beginner??

How much is the Sanyo camera worth?? I never heard of any good Sanyo P&S :think:

Anyway, for that price, you can get the kit III, and can still take cab to and from the shop.....I strongly recommend you to get the kit I first. The kit 1 lens is pretty good value. Good for you to learn the camera and to decide whether you need any upgrade after that. Keep the spare money in your pocket first. Don't regret like many people here who have bought the kit II and III. Take a look in B&S and you will understand what I mean.:)

And just to guide you along, the kit III is only selling at $2024 at all Parisilk outlets across the island. Another one is SLR revo in Funan, selling at the same price too. You can also refer to the ebay seller above who is also selling at the same price. All the info are here in this thread already. Spend some time to go through. Don't end up with buyer remorse.

Lastly, as a beginner, you will definitely not regret getting a 60D.

Last edited:
:cheergal:
Hope this thread will help those interested in buying 60D.
Dont be a carrot on a chopper board ! :nono:
For those who have input where/price u got yr 60D ...
Thanks very much :thumbsup:

How much is the Sanyo camera worth?? I never heard of any good Sanyo P&S :think:

Anyway, for that price, you can get the kit III, and can still take cab to and from the shop.....I strongly recommend you to get the kit I first. The kit 1 lens is pretty good value. Good for you to learn the camera and to decide whether you need any upgrade after that. Keep the spare money in your pocket first. Don't regret like many people here who have bought the kit II and III. Take a look in B&S and you will understand what I mean.:)

And just to guide you along, the kit III is only selling at $2024 at all Parisilk outlets across the island. Another one is SLR revo in Funan, selling at the same price too. You can also refer to the ebay seller above who is also selling at the same price. All the info are here in this thread already. Spend some time to go through. Don't end up with buyer remorse.

The Sanyo camera worth only S$86. ;p

Thank you for the information. Where can I find the B&S? What is in the 'package' for Kit II & Kit III from the reputable shop listed? Cheers....

anyone know whats the price range for paying by installment or where offering the cheapest price around?

The Sanyo camera worth only S$86. ;p

Thank you for the information. Where can I find the B&S? What is in the 'package' for Kit II & Kit III from the reputable shop listed? Cheers....

Do you really need the Sanyo camera. As far as I know, such type of camera is usually really lousy, so lousy that it may just sit in the store room for the whole of it's life. I have got a couple of these "free" cameras sitting in my store room now. If I am you, I will not go for this deal at all :) Just follow what most have recommended here, and you should be fine.

On the contrary, a lot of ppl bought kit 2 and kit3 so that they can sell the lens and offset their body price.
The 18-200 lens in kit 3 sells for approx $700-$800 in the used market.

$2023 - $750 = $1273.

So cheap for a good body!

brother...MS quoted me $2049 for kit III leh. don't buy from challenger lah...

if you not sure what to buy, den buy kit III if you got money. 18-200, lets you explore all you want and determine the focal length you use a lot. then from there you invest in the L lens of your choice. and 18-200 is really the go to lens for money. the all in one solution to every situation. jack of all trades, master of none. IQ not great, but its great for a one lens solution.

Last edited:
what material is use for the 60D body?

brother...MS quoted me $2049 for kit III leh. don't buy from challenger lah...

if you not sure what to buy, den buy kit III if you got money. 18-200, lets you explore all you want and determine the focal length you use a lot. then from there you invest in the L lens of your choice. and 18-200 is really the go to lens for money. the all in one solution to every situation. jack of all trades, master of none. IQ not great, but its great for a one lens solution.

What is the package in the S$2049 for Canon 60D kit III? I just afraid that I cannot handle the 18-200mm len and the image will be blur. I am just a beginner in DSLR. ;p What other essential things that I need to buy?

Challenger quote me S$1999 for Kit II if I don't want the camera.

Sorry, but I just cannot decide which kit....

What is the package in the S$2049 for Canon 60D kit III? I just afraid that I cannot handle the 18-200mm len and the image will be blur. I am just a beginner in DSLR. ;p What other essential things that I need to buy?

Challenger quote me S$1999 for Kit II if I don't want the camera.

Sorry, but I just cannot decide which kit....

If you're just a beginner, get Kit I will do.

Other things you will need to buy includes:

1. Filter for lens
2. Dry Box/Cabinet
3. Lens cleaning kit
4. Bag(s) for your camera
5. Tripod (there's a free one from canon)

Once you have determine your shooting preference (portraits, landscape, nature .. etc) then decide on what type of lens/flash to get next. No point with a huge capital outlay and discover that you don't really use them.

keroy said:

1. Filter for lens
2. Dry Box/Cabinet
3. Lens cleaning kit

Once you have determine your shooting preference (portraits, landscape, nature .. etc) then decide on what type of lens/flash to get next. No point with a huge capital outlay and discover that you don't really use them.

Agreed. Just get kit 1 first.

1. Filter for lens
2. Dry Box/Cabinet
3. Lens cleaning kit

Thank you very much for the advise.

Photocam last Christmas body only S$1370

Seems it stabilised at $1410 + - 15~20 for body..