Canon 60D Price Reference

2 week ago, SLR selling $2024 with 18-200 Len + 8G + Canon messager bag. The 18-200 len can be sold around 800 if it is new, so what is the body price? why buy only body @$1408????

i was planning to buy the camera + 50mm f1.8 this end of year, too bad the promotion for 50mm has been expired.. sienz :(

I think you can request from CSC to get it trade for the 50mm F1.8 instead of the tripod.
I do request from them and get it to trade for the 50mm F1.8 lens, of course still need to top up $60. Hope you don't feel so 'sienz'.

cheer

Oh my. U sure can change? Argh.. I just took the tripod.. Can change or not zzz.. Tripod I seldom use.. I tink the only time I will use is during night shots.. :/ and I tink the tripod is cheap..

Last edited:
Ref.:
DD Elec sell (But u got to buy bags, SD card somewhere else for cheaper price:dunno:):
60D Body only at $1278 - pay cash u got $1252.50 (2% rebate)
http://ddelectronics.com.sg/categories/Digital-SLR/Canon-Digital-SLR/Canon-60D/:thumbsup:

Personally I feel that this is a better route. Why pay more for a bunch of stuff you may or may not want? How good of a chance that the freebies they throw in are exactly what you want?

'Forced bundling' is just a way for the shops to increase their profit margins. Sure they tell you freebie A retails for $x and freebie B retails for $y, but most likely they pay a lot less than the stated amount and they just end up profiting more than if they sell you the camera body alone.

If Canon is willing to offer a discount of say $100 if I don't take the included CDs, neck strap, USB cable, instruction manuals, I would gladly do that.

2 week ago, SLR selling $2024 with 18-200 Len + 8G + Canon messager bag. The 18-200 len can be sold around 800 if it is new, so what is the body price? why buy only body @$1408????

may i know what and where is SLR?

Anything put up in B&S is considered 2nd hand le...mentality issue..who will wan buy a 2nd hand lens at $800? if i wanted it new, would have gone to shops le... everyone looking for a bargain and the hassle to get it sold off....think the best price to let it go is ard 700...although in a way u still gain as the seller...but the trouble u have to go thru to get it sold. Unless before u buy, u got a confirmed buyer...

Anything put up in B&S is considered 2nd hand le...mentality issue..who will wan buy a 2nd hand lens at $800? if i wanted it new, would have gone to shops le... everyone looking for a bargain and the hassle to get it sold off....think the best price to let it go is ard 700...although in a way u still gain as the seller...but the trouble u have to go thru to get it sold. Unless before u buy, u got a confirmed buyer...
Exactly. I went through a lot of trouble to sell my 18-200mm kit lens which I swear was never used, and I didn't get $800 for it.

Best is you put up advertisement in BnS for the lens, and write specifically that you will meet the buyer at the camera shop, so he/she can take the new lens from the box immediately. Then wait for a confirmed buyer and go to your shop of choice to buy your 60D.

Is this the bag that u all receive fir the promo.. Mine is a much smaller bag. If this true I'm complaining ><#
13263-rfwnhl_l.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the bag that u all receive fir the promo.. Mine is a much smaller bag. If this true I'm complaining ><#
13263-rfwnhl_l.jpg

Yup this is the one for 60D. Actually nothing to complain lah....just ask yourself whether you want to bring this huge bag out everyday??? Aesthetic wise, I really feel that it is :thumbsd: Of course that's me lah...I will never bring this bag out with me anytime. The smaller EOS bag or tote bag is way better :)

Yup this is the one for 60D. Actually nothing to complain lah....just ask yourself whether you want to bring this huge bag out everyday??? Aesthetic wise, I really feel that it is :thumbsd: Of course that's me lah...I will never bring this bag out with me anytime. The smaller EOS bag or tote bag is way better :)
When y see the small one definitely u will chose this.. So they gave me the wrong one haix I'm writing to them.

When y see the small one definitely u will chose this.. So they gave me the wrong one haix I'm writing to them.

I have owned this, the small eos bag and the tote bag. In terms of ranking: 1st: Tote bag (brown colour) 2nd: Small EOS bag 3rd: This bulky and ugly bag. Just my personal view ;)

seems like the prices quoted on the ddelect website is lowest among all other shops.. less than $2k for 7D body only.. hmmm...

I have owned this, the small eos bag and the tote bag. In terms of ranking: 1st: Tote bag (brown colour) 2nd: Small EOS bag 3rd: This bulky and ugly bag. Just my personal view ;)

I use the bulky bag as a messenger bag... thought it look pretty nice as a messenger bag... haha!

seems like the prices quoted on the ddelect website is lowest among all other shops.. less than $2k for 7D body only.. hmmm...

I think stuff from ddelectronic have no warranty... u have to double check on that...

just bought my 60D with 18-200mm (KitIII i think) at harvey norman...
$2299
60D body,
18-200mm lens
2 X 8 GB kingston SD card,
1 camera bag like what u see from the above,
1 compatible battery,
screen protector,
UV filter,
tripod with register online from the agent,
extend 3 year warranty by Harvey norman
one free philips kettle given by harvey norman.

Last edited:
I don't think the messenger bag is good enough for your camera or your laptop as it has very thin protection. Nevertheless, it is a great messenger bag and I bring it to work everyday. :-D

I wish i saw this earlier. I dropped my bag in taiwan, shattered my filter lens

I wish i saw this earlier. I dropped my bag in taiwan, shattered my filter lens

If you don't have a lot of lenses, may want to change the bag to the EOS tote bag. It is surely more worth it, more sturdy and can withstand drops better. Highly water resistant too. Just my thoughts.

My setup is abt 2.3k:

Bought from Canon direct:
60D with 8gb SD card and mini messenger bag $1238
50mm f1.8 at $60 with online registration

Bought from DD:
15-85mm lens $940
72mm filter lens $40

All bought last month

Last edited:
If you don't have a lot of lenses, may want to change the bag to the EOS tote bag. It is surely more worth it, more sturdy and can withstand drops better. Highly water resistant too. Just my thoughts.

Is it much better than the mini messenger bag? I actually do have a new messenger bag, thanks for the suggestion :)