My setup is abt 2.3k:

Bought from Canon direct:
60D with 8gb SD card and mini messenger bag $1280
50mm f1.8 at $60 with online registration

Bought from DD:
15-85mm lens $940
72mm filter lens $40

All bought last month

Hi CItyHunter can ask u where u gotta ur 60d at $1280? Is it a local set with gst? Thanks

Is it much better than the mini messenger bag? I actually do have a new messenger bag, thanks for the suggestion :)

Call up Canon sales, ask if there is stock for tote bag, if available, just bring down your new unused messenger bag with receipt of camera purchase and change it to the tote bag. Remember, it is an entitlement, because it is stated in website, under freebies, "EOS messenger bag or Tote bag". :)

My setup is abt 2.3k:

Bought from Canon direct:
60D with 8gb SD card and mini messenger bag $1280
50mm f1.8 at $60 with online registration

Bought from DD:
15-85mm lens $940
72mm filter lens $40

All bought last month

Your 60D price is really too good to be true!! :bigeyes:

Your 60D price is really too good to be true!! :bigeyes:

Ask whether any of your friends interested in the kit III lens, and you will have that price already. :)

Call up Canon sales, ask if there is stock for tote bag, if available, just bring down your new unused messenger bag with receipt of camera purchase and change it to the tote bag. Remember, it is an entitlement, because it is stated in website, under freebies, "EOS messenger bag or Tote bag". :)

Wah shiok, ok shall go ask for it :bsmilie:

Keke, you can get it at DD at that price too mah

The swivel screen is the first time that canon have it on their DSLR series. I wouldn't want to take a chance for this particular model. Original warranty will be a safer bet. For other models though, DD do offer a good alternative. However if I recall correctly, you still need to buy the memory cards seperately, because when DD says "body only", they really mean "body only....memory card is not part of the deal. Correct me if I am wrong here. Thank you. :)

The swivel screen is the first time that canon have it on their DSLR series. I wouldn't want to take a chance for this particular model. Original warranty will be a safer bet. For other models though, DD do offer a good alternative. However if I recall correctly, you still need to buy the memory cards seperately, because when DD says "body only", they really mean "body only....memory card is not part of the deal. Correct me if I am wrong here. Thank you. :)

There's plenty of alternatives, BnS also have ppl selling within a day of getting the camera.
Yup, DD doesn't include anything other than the body.

When they say sell body only, they really mean it. Just selling bodies. :devil:

Hi there, so besides DD any other local shops selling ard $1280? anyone bought it at this price with local warranty? Agreed with one guy saying its safe bet to get warranty for it since its a swivel lcd. Thanks and happy New 2011

Dear people.
The below are what I bought in a shop in Chinatown. I did not buy the kit lens. Bought body alone..

60D Body - $1407 (GST inclusive)
Tamron lens(18-200mm) - $389(3 yr warranty)
UV filter, Spare batt & Screen protector - $60
Total - $1856 (GST inclusive)
Freebies : 8gb SD card, EOS messenger bag & tripod to be exchanged upon warranty registration(1yr)..

Dear people.
The below are what I bought in a shop in Chinatown. I did not buy the kit lens. Bought body alone..

60D Body - $1407 (GST inclusive)
Tamron lens(18-200mm) - $389(3 yr warranty)
UV filter, Spare batt & Screen protector - $60
Total - $1856 (GST inclusive)
Freebies : 8gb SD card, EOS messenger bag & tripod to be exchanged upon warranty registration(1yr)..

Wow never knew Chinatown also got good deal.....thought they are chopper shop...sorry that I have that impression. Anyway I think you should share with everyone here where this shop is located and it's name. Will benefit everyone here. :)

Hey bro Zurichdo..perhaps u are not the only one who has that impression. I had that too and thought that they are "choppers"..haha..

Actually for that shop, it is more like u know what u want and go in to buy..Its not like John/Cathay where u can test the whole day..(get what i mean?)

This shop is Manly Departmental Shop.One of the camera shop along e stretch of shop houses nearby the $10 Karaoke club...

Before i went, i had checked with this Andrew whom i got the contact from internet.I confirmed e price with him before i went down..

Wow never knew Chinatown also got good deal.....thought they are chopper shop...sorry that I have that impression. Anyway I think you should share with everyone here where this shop is located and it's name. Will benefit everyone here. :)

Andrew has an eBay store. Search Andrew2ong.

Andrew has an eBay store. Search Andrew2ong.

I think I know which online store you are mentioning. His price is similar to SLR Revo. I initially thought that e-store is by SLR...:bsmilie: So I am wrong.

Indeed.Andrew has quite a few ads online which i had my doubts on him in e beginning..
After confirming with him on e final costs on the 60D & Tamron lens and then doing some research on the price. I found it reasonably slightly cheaper than outside..

Exchanged a few sms, went to the shop and bought the camera. Service wise is reasonably well..7/10 i would say..

Somemore, after checking canon website..it seems that Manly D S is the authorised dealer for Canon, Nikon & Olympus which put me at better ease..;p

Just got mine from DD electronics today after a few weeks of deliberation between 60D, 7D and Nikon's D7000.

I bought the standard zoom lens kit (18-55), it was priced at SGD 1410 ( this fluctuates slightly from day to day, check their website for the latest price ), I paid in cash so they knocked an additional 2% off the price to make it 1382. Not too bad a deal I think, if you're just picking up the body and can pay in cash that would come to about 1250.

Comes with a one year warranty, that's good enough for me. Also, both the camera body and lens were made in Japan, can't be sure if this is the same for any set you buy in Singapore but it did give me some additional assurance of quality.

I think DD has some good deals but not for everything, I wanted to pick up Canon's 50mm 1.8 but they were selling it at SGD 140, when places like Alan Photo have it for 125. Best to check around first.

I hope this information is useful for those looking around for a new 60D set/body. cheers.

just bought my 60D with 18-200mm (KitIII i think) at harvey norman...
$2299
60D body,
18-200mm lens
2 X 8 GB kingston SD card,
1 camera bag like what u see from the above,
1 compatible battery,
screen protector,
UV filter,
tripod with register online from the agent,
extend 3 year warranty by Harvey norman
one free philips kettle given by harvey norman.

Hi,
Does the price inclusive the 3yrs extended warranty, UV Filter, Screen Protector, Compatible Batt?
If yes which HN outlet, Im thinking of getting 60D Kit II.:)
Thanks.

Just got mine from DD electronics today after a few weeks of deliberation between 60D, 7D and Nikon's D7000.

I bought the standard zoom lens kit (18-55), it was priced at SGD 1410 ( this fluctuates slightly from day to day, check their website for the latest price ), I paid in cash so they knocked an additional 2% off the price to make it 1382. Not too bad a deal I think, if you're just picking up the body and can pay in cash that would come to about 1250.

Comes with a one year warranty, that's good enough for me. Also, both the camera body and lens were made in Japan, can't be sure if this is the same for any set you buy in Singapore but it did give me some additional assurance of quality.

I think DD has some good deals but not for everything, I wanted to pick up Canon's 50mm 1.8 but they were selling it at SGD 140, when places like Alan Photo have it for 125. Best to check around first.

I hope this information is useful for those looking around for a new 60D set/body. cheers.

hi, im curious to know how you decided on the 60D between those 3 your shortlisted. i'm in the same dilemma now. thnks

Hey there ymonkey, here's a quick breakdown of how I came to my decision :

1) Features / tech specs

-I was initially quite set on the 7D as I've heard very good reviews about it ( it is a very good camera ), but after playing around a little with my friend's 7D I felt it was too heavy a camera to lug around all day, as I used to shoot with a very light Nikon D40. In addition, I don't do sports or wildlife photography and have no pressing need for the 8 fps shooting rate or the super fast AF. 7D has better low light performance because of its double digic processors, yes, but I seldom do night shoots so its not a big issue for me. 7D has a sturdier body too, but 60D's no toy either and I don't see myself doing any rugged shoots soon. All these superior features are why the 7D's more expensive, and I don't really need any of them, so why pay extra ?

-I also choose canon over Nikon because their video feature is better than Nikon's, and the quality on the 60D and 7D are totally identical. ( 60D records better audio than the 7D ) Of course, all these aren't important if you're not going to use the video feature.

- And of course 60D comes with a swivel LCD panel, which is very handy when shooting video or at angles where you can't check through the prism viewfinder.

2) Price

60D is the cheapest of the 3 models, which made it easier for me to decide. As mentioned above 7D is a superior camera, but I have no need for those features so I'll rather save on that money to buy a good lens. 60D and Nikon D7000 are almost the same class with very similar features, but the D7000 is significantly more expensive, which made it less attractive to me. Considering also the superior video on the 60D and the swivel LCD sealed the deal for me, and this is from someone who's been using Nikon all the time...till now.

Lastly, I think we all have differing needs so what I find important might not be for you.

BTW, here's a very good, professional comparison of the 60D and 7D that really helped me decide :

http://dancarrphotography.com/blog/2010/08/27/canon-60d-vs-7d/

I hope I've been of some help, happy shooting regardless of which camera you finally decide on ! :]