Buying an HDB flat now or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
give u warning 1st... :bsmilie:

Dun push name card here ok... :devil:

Wey! i din even say who am i ok?:cry: Rem the other time I see u i also neber push name card to u lor...Only those who know me will know who am i! So u buy liao?:p

Thanks guys. I think I'd go w/ a resale 5rm flat. Those new flats from HDB are either too expensive or too far from an MRT station :(

As you guys said, the recession just started, we probably should wait until the price is more affordable. Currently price for private properties has gone down a bit, but prices for those resale flats still keep going up :dunno:

If new flats price go up, the resales flats will go up also one.

If you have not loan from HDB more than 2 times, then i would strongly suggest you to purchase a new HDB flats instead of resales. No matter how u calculate, resales flats will be more expensive than the new flats (but they will be slightly bigger)

some time HDB are sell ready flats and older flats (who sold back to HDB) you can check the link below.
http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu10p.nsf/0/08OCT4ROOM_page/$file/08OCT4ROOM_about0.htm?open&ft=main
Too bad the closing date was 16th Oct.

Prices of resale may not fall to the previous lows as mentioned by some post.

PRs are also keen on resale, since most PRs rent a flat, it makes sense for them to consider buying, since the rental rate is high and may be more that the monthly installment.

Here's a PR's view:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17394&st=0&p=346736&#entry346736

So for something more affordable, I guess it will be BTOs or buy direct from HDB. BTW, if you are considering a resale, don't waste time, just engage an agent and start looking for suitable place... this process can take anything from a month to a year in some cases I heard.

Last edited:
Now not so much liao la... on average between $30-$50k. Of cos depending on location!:)

Have encounter that price (>80k) few weeks back while I am searching for a flat, of course , those areas I was looking at are centralize and mature estates.

So , if it is still within that range of > 50k , I will not be surprised. However cov may have dipped slightly.

I am also planning to buy one now as I don't expect the price of HDB is coming down drametically in the future. I am applying the HDB half year sale and now waiting for the ballot result which will come out at 5 Nov. If not, I will try to buy resale flats.

Have encounter that price (>80k) few weeks back while I am searching for a flat, of course , those areas I was looking at are centralize and mature estates.

So , if it is still within that range of > 50k , I will not be surprised. However cov may have dipped slightly.

Aiyo Bro...COV confirm have dip and varies according to location n other factors... >$80k sure have, even have encounter >$100k both i tell owner wait long long then have lor:bsmilie:... but here i talking abt on the average and i menton also depending on location lei...:)

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_294381.html

Private home prices fall
SINGAPORE private home prices fell 2.4 per cent in the third quarter of 2008, government data showed on Friday, worse than an initial estimate of a 1.8 per cent decline as the economy weakened in September.

Rents during the July-September period fell by 0.9 per cent after gaining 2.5 per cent in the three months to June, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said.
Singapore releases advance estimates on property prices shortly after the end of each quarter based primarily on transactions during the first 10 weeks of the period. The government subsequently provides detailed data for the period that includes price changes by region as well as rental trends. The fall in Singapore home prices in the three months to September marked the first decline in four years amid concerns over the worsening global financial turmoil and coincides with the economy's descent into recession during the quarter. -- REUTERS

Thanks guys. And sorry for not replying earlier.

Tried the half year HDB ballot (and previous quaterly ones too), but I just don't have the luck :(

After searching here and there, finally I persuaded my landlord to sell his flat to me :D Good time for him to sell (but bad time for me to buy) I guess. But considering the high rental and increasing price of HDB resale flats, I think it's better to buy now instead of later. I'd rather put the money into my own house instead of rental ..

Cheers to all!

Thanks guys. And sorry for not replying earlier.

Tried the half year HDB ballot (and previous quaterly ones too), but I just don't have the luck :(

After searching here and there, finally I persuaded my landlord to sell his flat to me :D Good time for him to sell (but bad time for me to buy) I guess. But considering the high rental and increasing price of HDB resale flats, I think it's better to buy now instead of later. I'd rather put the money into my own house instead of rental ..

Cheers to all!

Good finally u have made the decision? How much is he selling to u?

Good finally u have made the decision? How much is he selling to u?

Not cheap, but cheaper than those sold flats around us ;) Besides, he left everything for us (furniture, electric appliances) w/ no extra charge. Best of all, we already got the keys ... long time ago :cool:

Not cheap, but cheaper than those sold flats around us ;) Besides, he left everything for us (furniture, electric appliances) w/ no extra charge. Best of all, we already got the keys ... long time ago :cool:

ok congrates!:thumbsup:

Hi
I am looking to for a buyer to buy my 4 room HDB flat, corner near schools, Low COV, above 15 floor, near 2 mrt stations,City view, 20 minutes bus ride to CBD, lease start in 1998. jogging track in a river park, near to Fairprice supermarket and hawker centre.

If anyone like to know more please email me at yapsamuel@gmail.com

HOLD IT

buy private property , it will drop more. but i heard from sources and claimed that HDB will usually follow the rate of private property...so.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.