Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking for a decent small walk about digicam with superwide angle, a
right angle viewfinder with RAW ability the GX100 will be your choice. But if your priority
is on lower noise level in low light, the range from Fuji beat the hell out of its competitor.

However one cannot have everything at the moment. Let the manufacturers slowly sort
out the needs of the compact digicam users. One thing for sure is that most pro photogr
will want to have the GX100 as a backup and at the same time use it as a bring it
everywhere cam.

Here is one example of GX100 capabilities at low light. It was taken handheld at about
8.30pm in the evening where the sky is in complete darkness. ISO was at 400 with
the 24mm lens wide open. The image is straight out of the camera without any post
processing.

My opinion after using the cam for about a month is, there is no compact camera in
the market right now that can offer what the GX100 has.

R0010533A.jpg

I cant succumb to the temptation and just bought my kit from MS color today at 999 :thumbsup: I love it :heart: but still cant beat my eos 30D :bsmilie:

I now have both the GX100 and LX2.
Both are great cams but my preference is towards GX100.

Found the Crumpler $2m a good bag to house the GX100 + the 19mm lens mounted on the adapter.

I'm now mainly using the LX2 for underwater snapshots since the GX100 is too big to fit into my existing underwater plastic bag.

013.jpg

I'm aware of the housing for GX100.
But considering the price, I've decided to get myself the LX2 and use it with my existing German plastic bag.

haha.. if weekh's interest in underwater photography is limited to pool shots of kids, then not worth to get the dedicated casing....

A quick question for those who bought their GX-100 (with 3 yr warranty) from MS Colour - do you have to post in the warranty card yourself?

When I bought mine, the sales guy took back the "manufacturer-half" of the warranty card..

hi guys,

thanks for your answers previously.

i finally got my GX-100.

got it from a fellow clubsnapper in BUY/Sell corner.

just a question, when focusing or when u half press the shoot button.

while its focusing, it is normal for the camera to give out the squeezing sound?

This seems to be normal for Ricoh DC. You may find more information from dprevew.com Ricoh forum.

Can anyone durect me to a forum on the comparison of the Ricoh GRD and the GX100?
Some weeks back I read a chinese website that did a compresensive test for both DC.
Thanks.

Man...i really how is this compare to the Leica compact. They are similar in price but the performance which one is better ?

Man...i really how is this compare to the Leica compact. They are similar in price but the performance which one is better ?

We can help you better if you can direct more specifically your idea on the area of performance of the two brand. You have to name the specific Leica compact vs Ricoh GX100.

Performance in:
1. Lens quality
2. Zoom range of lens
3. Largest Aperture available on lens (lens speed)
4. IS0 range and noise level
5. Ultra wideangle availability
6. Viewfinder for low ground level photography
7. Closest macro focusing ability
8. Size and weight of the camera
9. Battery life and screen size

Once you have the answer, you will be more ready to jump onboard using this little black magic devel.

:):heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.