Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is the LC-1 lens cap and TC-1 Telephoto lens?
Thanks.
Will be leaving to Japan this Saturday.

i know the LC1 is $39 (retail price) at CP and 316. but one user said he bought for $22 from TK. so take your pick.

btw, i checked japan yodabashi website when first launch the price was $21 after converting.

no idea on price of TC1.

i also picked up my LC-1 from TK at $22. was quoted >$170 for the TC-1, don't remember the exact amount though.

Hi,

I'm considering to get the GX100, anyone has the latest prices ? keen to get the 19mm converter too.

appreciate any advice.

thanks.

Hi,

I'm considering to get the GX100, anyone has the latest prices ? keen to get the 19mm converter too.

appreciate any advice.

thanks.
there is the new GX 200. why not get that?

I might consider to sell my Ricoh VF kit in 3 weeks time ... will be getting either Canon Kiss F (1000D) kit or Canon KIss X2 (450D) + Sigma 30mm F1.4 in Japan.

there is the new GX 200. why not get that?

Well, GX200 doesn't seem to be a big jump in features/quality vs the GX100. Or am I mistaken ? Also, I'm just mainly aiming for the extra-wide angle feature.

The other option I'm considering is the GR D II, which would need the 21mm wide lens option. But that'll blow my budget ! Just the standard kit (40mm?) costs $1,200 list at Courts.... anyone has tried both (GR D II and GX100/200) and can vouch for the image quality difference ?

Well, GX200 doesn't seem to be a big jump in features/quality vs the GX100. Or am I mistaken ? Also, I'm just mainly aiming for the extra-wide angle feature.

The other option I'm considering is the GR D II, which would need the 21mm wide lens option. But that'll blow my budget ! Just the standard kit (40mm?) costs $1,200 list at Courts.... anyone has tried both (GR D II and GX100/200) and can vouch for the image quality difference ?

Features-wise, the improved Flash control, accelerometer (no more tilted pictures - unless you want that for artistic purposes - and yes to automatically rotated pictures) and high-res LCD are pretty worth it.

Hi,

appreciate any advice.

thanks.

i think it's $850 for GX100 with adapter and wide angle converter. dunno if got other goodies included. check with your fave shop.

For grd2, you can try asking some BestDenki outlets if they still sell the promotion package, 1200 for cam, adapter, wideangle GW1, case, neckstrap, sdhc card, misc(tripod, cleaning kit), plus 3 yrs warranty

Or, get someone to grab one from Japan, saw it for arnd 600sgd :bigeyes:

For grd2, you can try asking some BestDenki outlets if they still sell the promotion package, 1200 for cam, adapter, wideangle GW1, case, neckstrap, sdhc card, misc(tripod, cleaning kit), plus 3 yrs warranty

Or, get someone to grab one from Japan, saw it for arnd 600sgd :bigeyes:

Saw it selling for $1199 at Courts - didn't get the full details as that's out of my budget. It's like 1.5x of GX100 package price...

Yep, they're cheap in Japan, GX100 is S$430 incl. tax. Would need a friend there to ship it back though, and that price doesn't include most accessories, VF-1 not in too.

cheapest is YEN 38,000 for GX100 body only
that's about >S$500 .... and that's for cash and japan 1 year warranty only.

hello, I am in Japan now ...
please check kakaku.com for pricing.
Its accurate and cash only mostly .... provided you can find the shop 1st.

Last edited:
Hi guys, new here... juz got my GX200 from john 3:16. Juz wanna try and learn a bit of photography :) personally i like to edit my pics a lot using Gimp.

Bought the set with VF kit at $950... :thumbsup:

ok, I got the Canon KISS F KIT from e-Trend in Akihabara for Yen 58,329,Cash.

Just a reminder to ppl thinking of buying from such shop:
1) No testing is allowed.
2) No English is spoken
3) Cash only.

Anyway, I had tested the Canon Kiss F kit in various conditions.
I will not be selling my GX100.

The RICOH really does hold its own when it comes to image quality.
Well done RICOH.

I might consider to sell my Ricoh VF kit in 3 weeks time ... will be getting either Canon Kiss F (1000D) kit or Canon KIss X2 (450D) + Sigma 30mm F1.4 in Japan.

Hi all,

have been using the GX100 for a few months ans realised that the noise and grain is high when printed on A4. Do not see this problem on other camera.

Is it normal or is there a way to set the camera to reduce this problem.

Thanks.
Dennis

Hi all,

have been using the GX100 for a few months ans realised that the noise and grain is high when printed on A4. Do not see this problem on other camera.

Is it normal or is there a way to set the camera to reduce this problem.

Thanks.
Dennis

shoot at lower iso.

Just bought a Canon 430EX II flash, it works on the GX100 in manual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.