Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What software do you use for the Raw file in GX100?
Where can I download Raw file converter?

sorry a bit lag here..

is the outing over? :confused:

i have succumbed and joined the darkside...
((=

$999 at MScolour for everything with 3 years of warranty.

like the small form and solid grip...definitely doesn't feel plasticky like my other cameras!

Welcome antacid,

May the force be with you ;)

xtemujin,

where and how $$ u brought e yashica flash? Thanks

Dear All members,
I too has been poisoned by this forum with extremely informative info. Today i have purchased at MS Color (AMK) for $999 (inclusive GST),
Consisting Camera+EVF+HA-2+DW6+2GB card with 3 years warranty. The friendly sales lady Miss Karen voluntarily offer me FOC the screen protector.

Their stock of 3 year warranty is running low. FYI.

anyone has any experience with the various AF modes inside GX100? normally i use the multi AF. works fine but it takes a while. you can hear the Zzz.. Zzz... usually takes about 2-3 turns to get the subject in focus. then there's the snap AF. Zzz... once and spot on. i wonder if it is as accurate. any thoughts on this? thanks :p

Widget,

Thanks for the heads up about the Ricoh strap. I was able to buy it at TKfoto and the price is $10.:)

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

dun mind asking whr did u get ur flash?

TCH & Amsta,

That Yashica ES-14 flash, belongs to my late father and he bought it in 1974.

I've no idea where you can find a classic Yashica flash today, maybe ebay. :think:

Jeng6863 & Antacid

Welcome to the Ricoh family and please update this list. ;)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=297053

I bought a screen protector from Alan Photo and the salesman gave me this brand Crystal View DC/DV 2.5" when I asked for the Ricoh GX100 screen protector. However, it did'nt cover the whole screen and there was a 1mm gap for the length and height.

I decided to buy another screen protector from an online store here in Singapore and have choosen the Custom Size Screen Protector option, 50.5 X 38mm for the Ricoh GX100 screen protector size. The price of the screen protector is $4.30 with postage, half the price at Alan photo.

http://shop.gameqult.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12_31&products_id=309

I've pasted the screen protector and I'm quite pleased with the result. :thumbsup:

HTH.

Just got a Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 4.
None of my card reader can read the SDHC. Got to connect cam directly to the computer to download the files.
Any recommendation for a card reader?

None of my card reader can read the SDHC. Got to connect cam directly to the computer to download the files.

wahh 8 gigg :eek:

question: what's wrong with connecting directly to the camera to download the pics? i remembered some friend telling me it's better to use a card reader instead of connecting to cam. any reason behind that? i've been connecting directly since i bought my first digicam some 5-6 years ago. so far no issues... any thoughts on this?

Hi, jus wondering if it's safe to use this Yashica flash on your gx100? i read somewhere that certain flashes can burn the cicuitry in your camera, esp old ones...true?

but i do have a very old starblitz compact flash which seems to work fine with my ricoh GRD.

BTW, what is the shutter speed of the camera when you attach an external flash to it?

My first post here.

I just bought the VF Kit today for US$510 (in Hong Kong w/ 1yr warrantee) and I must say, it's quite an impressive and solid little toy. I needed a companion to my Canon 20D and my Fujifilm F10 is getting outdated with very limited settings. Though, it's still great for indoor party snaps and short vids. My main use for the GX100 will be for vacations, when I don't feel like lugging the 20D + Lenses and street photography. I love the B&W shots from this thing and the 1:1 square mode is a great feature!

BTW, what is the shutter speed of the camera when you attach an external flash to it?

I must be an idiot, there is always the M mode to control the shutter speed. :bsmilie:

It is part of the learning process for the essential
of acquiring the photographic eye is not being afraid
to fail as well as becoming an idiot.

StreetPhotography1.jpg

------------------------------------------
Art is spiritual if the Painter has Soul.
- F.L. Metzler - Boulder City, NV.

The more I use the GX100, the more I like it. The wide focal length is so much like my R1 except that I can hang it around my neck without feeling tired.

hi guys,

i'm new to photography, but would like to take nice shots too.

was considering which pro-consumer camera to get.

i'm actually quite interested in the Ricoh GX-100 & Fujifilm S6500fd.

do you guys have more photographs taken using Ricoh GX-100?

i saw a few photos taken in IR, was looking for normal photos.

will the photos be very noisy at higher ISO?

i'm looking for a camera that is compact, so that i could bring it with me where ever i go.

but able to capture good photo quality from normal shots to wide angle and micro.

it will be good if it could take good quality photos at low light too.

would like to know more comments on the ricoh gx-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.