Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is mine.

Streetshoot9.jpg

yes i bought the strap together with the cam. the strap is really good with anti-slip rubber so it doesnt fall off your shoulders :) but on the strap it says GR Digital haha but who cares. ricoh rocks!

btw read the earlier posts about flash being to harsh. i encountered that problem too but managed to solve it. its more advisable to use a smaller aperture like F9.1. it works great for me :)

and also mentioned earlier about using nikon flash on the GX100. please do check the voltage if its ok for gx100 because there are cases of flash short-circuiting the cam. and if that happens... goodbye gx100 haha. which is why i bought wireless :)

i got my gx100 and stuffs from MSColor@AMK. the neckstrap is $20. for anyone who is intending on getting gx100 the latest quote from TK is $950 which includes hood,adapter,wide lens, viewfinder..... hope that helps :)

i got my gx100 and stuffs from MSColor@AMK. the neckstrap is $20. for anyone who is intending on getting gx100 the latest quote from TK is $950 which includes hood,adapter,wide lens, viewfinder..... hope that helps :)

Does the quote include GST and 3 years warranty?

not too sure about GST and warranty but im guessing its standard 1yr warranty. only MSColor has 3yrs warranty..... btw my screen protector is $18 from K13 marketing@peninsula. Schott Glass protector. its awesome! its actually glass and no one will actually think its a screen protector because it just looks like your GX100 has a branded LCD screen hahas! :D

Hi all,,

Also got one Ricoh GX100 over last weekend! ($999 from MS, with viewfinder, 19mm wide lens +hood w 3yrs warranty) :)

Got to knew this camera thru an artical on sunday time on 8th July.. see attach..
After reading thru this long thread.. (thanks to all for sharing info) i confirmed my decision to get one after a long wait & seach for a solid prosumer camera.

Really like this camera esp.. the 24mm wide angle & smallest prosumer compact size camera with tonnes of goodie loaded inside!

Indeed Ricoh Rocks!

Ricoh.jpg

Pic taken from Nokia N73 ;p

already thread 26...

should have 26 users of Ricoh GX100 or more... anyone can do a head count from 1st thread .. ;p

Got the strap from TK for $10 as I purchased my GX100 from them.
Heard them quoted $12 to a phone query.

hi widget,
is the strap with anti-slip rubber ??

hi widget,
is the strap with anti-slip rubber ??

It has a narrow strip of anti-slip rubber.
I haven't try it on the camera as I bought it on impulse ;p
For $10, why not? Eventhough I might end up not using it.

Widget, thanks for the heads up about the Ricoh strap. I was able to buy it at TKphoto and the price is $10.:)

How is that strap?
I made one, but the cam is too light, and the strap doesn't want to stay on my shoulder.

For those of you who use the GX100 with an external flash, what is the shutter speed when you use it? My external flash works fine, it goes off when I depress the shutter. However, the shutter speed does not default to 1/30s like the internal flash.

your yashica flash, the knob on the top is for adjusting the power level of the flash?

and good buy on the strap. really worth it :)

thanks

For those of you who use the GX100 with an external flash, what is the shutter speed when you use it? My external flash works fine, it goes off when I depress the shutter. However, the shutter speed does not default to 1/30s like the internal flash.

Parchio,

I use a variety of shutter speeds when using external flash with the GX100. I believe the design of digicams does not entail the same sync limitations as our (D)SLRs.

When using flash, I normally use the flash off camera, with both it and the camera in Manual mode using the techniques described in strobist dot com. Much will depend on whether you are trying to use flash as main and ambient as fill or vice versa. I'm slowly getting more proficient at getting the desired results.

I used to use an SB600 with the GX100, but I'm now also using an SB30, which I acquired from a fine gentleman whom I suspect you know well!

Cheers,

JT

P.S. I take it you got rid of the P5000 in favor of the GX100? How are you finding the switch?

Yes, the knob is for adjusting the power level of the switch.

The strap is good to go. :thumbsup:

HTH.

your yashica flash, the knob on the top is for adjusting the power level of the flash?

and good buy on the strap. really worth it :)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.