Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
test.jpg

pic taken by my gx100, unedited, just resized.
auto mode ..... idiot prof ...
the actual file is very detailed ... its scary ...

test.jpg

pic taken by my gx100, unedited, just resized.
auto mode ..... idiot prof ...
the actual file is very detailed ... its scary ...

Now you can start imagine how's the photo look like with the GR.;)

Hello!
Ordered a GX100 kit with the VF-1 today from PopFlash (USA) and they said it would be sent out in todays mail.
Thank you for all the information and sample pictures that have been posted on the Ricoh GX100.
It was a tough decision because Panasonic announced the FX35, which also sounded very interesting.
Researched the heck out of this and I couldn't wait any longer, I had the poison.;)
I know I will be very happy with the GX100.
Regards

The FX35 sounds interesting also, but I reckon the GX-100 is more apt for prosumers who want to have good manual controls stop of getting bigger DSLRs. :D Some more there's a lens adapter for you to play with filters!

here are more pics ..... all auto mode I think .... sorry I super noob .... auto mode all i know ...

A pic of my mom and my youngest daughter, in B/W. My wife says this type of pic looks like "memories" ..... I think my wife is damn "high" ..... hahahaha ....
RIMG0139.jpg

My youngest daughter
RIMG0126.jpg

Hi all,

I have an entry lv dslr and looking at getting a compact for travel and everyday use. browsed through dpreview and GX100 caught my eye ^^

The review says it has some noise issues though. despite that, i think the wide angle will be interesting to use.

Hence I've set my mind to get it ^________^

Any idea how much it cost right now and if the IT fair at Suntec has any promotion/bundle for this? (Or anywhere else with good offers)
Need to get it b4 I fly next tuesday. Any advice is greatly appreciated! : )

Hi all,

I have an entry lv dslr and looking at getting a compact for travel and everyday use. browsed through dpreview and GX100 caught my eye ^^

The review says it has some noise issues though. despite that, i think the wide angle will be interesting to use.

Hence I've set my mind to get it ^________^

Any idea how much it cost right now and if the IT fair at Suntec has any promotion/bundle for this? (Or anywhere else with good offers)
Need to get it b4 I fly next tuesday. Any advice is greatly appreciated! : )

John 316 Funan has it at $820 IIRC.

Hi thanks for the info. Do you know if John 3 16 includes any accessories?

My sis just took back home some brocheres. I think Ricoh has no booth of its own.. collaborating with Best Denki.

Promo Price: $899
Gifts: 4bg SD card, Hood & Adaptor (HA-2), Wide Conversion Lens (DW-1), Camera Case, Li-ion Battery.

Wondering aloud... what the hood adaptor and wide conversion len is for.. might search the web for some clue ;p

Also, the new R8 is out! now i'm deciding between the two. R8 is selling for $599.

My sis just took back home some brocheres. I think Ricoh has no booth of its own.. collaborating with Best Denki.

Gifts: 4bg SD card, Hood & Adaptor (HA-2), Wide Conversion Lens (DW-1), Camera Case, Li-ion Battery.

Wondering aloud... what the hood adaptor and wide conversion len is for.. might search the web for some clue ;p

Also, the new R8 is out! now i'm deciding between the two. R8 is selling for $599.

maybe better to buy from the fair. ricoh does have a booth. they share with sigma as the distributor deals with these two brands and others as well.

john 316 $820 is body alone. show them the brochures you got from the fair and see if they match the price with the same 'freebies' as well.

IT Show 2008

Ricoh, Sigma, Bushnell and Vanguard at booth 8335, level 4.

HTH.

Unforunately they are not selling accessories, only bundling them with new units.

How's John 3:16 prices for the GX-100 accessories? Looking for the hood and lens adapter...

yep, they are not selling accessories seperately. I just got mine GX100 at the IT show! basically has everything.
while looking at the camera, the sale peps took out a board, reads something like " next hour sales throw in a 2gb memory card for all cameras" ;p

now i'm waiting for the 1st batt charge anxiously -.-

yep, they are not selling accessories seperately. I just got mine GX100 at the IT show! basically has everything.
while looking at the camera, the sale peps took out a board, reads something like " next hour sales throw in a 2gb memory card for all cameras" ;p

now i'm waiting for the 1st batt charge anxiously -.-

actually you could pop in 2 AAA batteries and start fiddling and playing while the battery charges :bsmilie:

Unforunately they are not selling accessories, only bundling them with new units.

How's John 3:16 prices for the GX-100 accessories? Looking for the hood and lens adapter...

Decided to drop by 3:16 just now and got my HA-2 for a relatively inexpensive price of S$38. Now time for me to chiong a step up ring and some filters!

Hi CSer,..

may i know what is the latest price for GX100
especially in IT show

Hi CSer,..

may i know what is the latest price for GX100
especially in IT show

In other news, GX-100 1.18 firmware is out 3 days ago:

1. Modified the following phenomenon.
With the M mode (manual exposure mode), even if you press the Fn button (to set closer to the appropriate exposure automatically), it will not set closer to the appropriate exposure with the following conditions;
• Fn button assignment : AE lock
• ISO sensitivity setting : AUTO-HI
• Shutter speed to be an appropriate exposure : 1/30 or slower
2. Improved the flash control in a dark place.
3. Make a change to a JPEG file that created with a RAW format file to add black borders to the top and bottom of the JPEG image, in case that you set the [RAW/JPEG setting] to [N640], and the [Pic Quality/Size] setting to [RAW 3:2] at the same time.

Thank you .... this wan takes < 3 months to make ..... my elder daughter about 1 year ....
here's a pic of my elder daughter .. taken by the seller of the GX100 in my car!

Also, I had bought a Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 @ S$66 a few weeks back ...
when taking shots at maximum resolution (about atotal of 1960 pics) , no lag in storing to card ....
meaning as long as i press the shoot button, it will keep taking photos ...
no stopping to store whatsoever ....

RIMG0002.jpg

Awww... baby so cute !

Thank you .... this wan takes < 3 months to make ..... my elder daughter about 1 year ....
here's a pic of my elder daughter .. taken by the seller of the GX100 in my car!

Also, I had bought a Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 @ S$66 a few weeks back ...
when taking shots at maximum resolution (about atotal of 1960 pics) , no lag in storing to card ....
meaning as long as i press the shoot button, it will keep taking photos ...
no stopping to store whatsoever ....

That's as good as continuous mode liao. :D

where is the best place to get a GX100? just the camera alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.