Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we should organise a gathering for gx100 user to share experience on using this camera. how about this coming saturday or sunday at arab street off beach road. any suggestion?

When?
I'm a newbie and would love to learn from u guys.

gx100 and godzillapod. more here and here
751862193_be27acc4ec_m.jpg

any recommendation for a pouch to house the cam, the 19mm lens, adapter and EVF?

I think I just wanna attach the lens to the adapter permanently... while I can use the supplied lens cover for the frontk, any idea where to find something to cover the rear of the adapter?

any recommendation for a pouch to house the cam, the 19mm lens, adapter and EVF?

I think I just wanna attach the lens to the adapter permanently... while I can use the supplied lens cover for the frontk, any idea where to find something to cover the rear of the adapter?

I am using Lowepro Apex 110AW

Weekh, I think we'll all be eager to see what you do with the GX100, after all your awesome pics with the LX-1. Will the GX-100 rock harder? Inquiring minds want to know.

As for cases, check out Carrefour. They have some cheap, no-brand cases ("i-case") that might work for you. I have a squarish one (S$10) that will just fit the cam with adaptor tube and WA coverter attached; there's a small pocket too for the extra battery and SD card. There are several sizes too. Did I mention they are cheap?

My usual carrying configuration is with adaptor tube plus hood or filter and the bag works for me. It has a shoulder strap and a belt strap; or you can remove the strap and toss whole thing into whatever other bag you might be carrying that day.

Cheers,

JT

GX100 and LX1/2 are all very good cams!

But the 24mm, plus ability to convert it to a 19mm lens makes the GX100 rocks harder.

I prefer the LX1/2 screen over the GX100. They look sharper. However the viewing angle of the GX100 is excellent!

Noise is also better on the GX100. Compared to the LX1, I can use ISO 200 on the GX100 without worry.

There's also some other very interesting properties of the GX100 that I had exploited. Already had some good pictures that possibly could pay for the cam.

Sorry but for some selfish reasons, I'm not uploading these pics for the time being.

Apart from noise, as compared to the LX1, there's also the issue of 'smudging'.. the GX100 retains much of the details.

Another bonus with this lens is the macro ability.

Some snapshots:

gx100-001.jpg

gx100-002.jpg

Are you willing to accept me as your disciple . . . . . . Master Wee? :p

thanks for sharing weekh,
more more,.... ;)

hi guys, been catching up on this thread and am now seriously poisoned to get the GX100 mainly because of the Sea&Sea housing announced.

been looking for a compact 'worth' buying for casual snaps and u/w photography, and the GX100 seems like the answer!

some quick questions: how is the image quality like compared to say the canon A620/640? are details and colour superior? i don't mean to really pixel-peep, but sometimes i need to crop quite drastically so i cannot stand mushy details.

what's the 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4) things that you wish could have been improved with the Ricoh GX100?

thanks alot in advance! i'll probably be calling up shops to check for prices soon...urgh!
((=

what's the 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4) things that you wish could have been improved with the Ricoh GX100?
((=

1. Faster writing speed / shorter lag time inbetween shots

2. provide the ability to adjust and shift the focal point in normal shooting mode. Since this is available in macro mode so this should easily be provided with a software update.

3. Ability to shoot RAW only and to playback the RAW images with maximum magnification.

4. provide a rubber rear cover when the 19mm lens is attached to the adapter.

U know how much is that battery?

If...only you care to browse the site with the skills
of your photographic eye you will easily find it. The price
of the battery is there, look harder else you won't bother to ask.

But I was shocked to get a quote from the regular retailer at
twice the price. Always be cool and do your shopping wisely.

:cool: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.