Alan photo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was there with my colleague from US and he was served very well so that he bought a 5d and several L lenes. Upz for the shop.

mighty_mouse said:
I am a regular customer of CP at marina sq & most of the time happy wif their service & I always feel at home in their shop even if I did not buy anything .. sad to say, today is the first time I bought anything frm Alan photo and dun hv good impression abt them.. the staff attended to me (dun wanna say the name) simply couldn't answer my questions and instead of asking his colleages for assistance keep telling me "dun know leh ".. and when I ask him if anyone could help.. he gave me an expression of " pls take and go & dun ask too much.."
really neber expect a photography equipment staff to be like dat leh.. abit disappointed as Alan Photo suppose to be a reputed Photography equipment store..

was considering walking out of the shop but duno y still got the EF-S 10-20mm lens .. *sigh* backside itchy.. shld hv go back to CP who only charges $10 more & with better service. when i reach home, found tat the warranty card not stamp with dealer stamp.. hv to travel back again :confused: :(

kiwitan said:
i was there with my colleague from US and he was served very well so that he bought a 5d and several L lenes. Upz for the shop.

Is this AP? You just answered your question. Anyone from US (point 1) intent on buying a 5D (point 2) and several L lenses (point 3) will definitely have a good service. Point 1 alone is already almost a guarantee of good service. When I bought my 50mm, my warranty card doesn't have a chop as well. Did not bother since its not that expensive and sturdy enough I don't expect any problem.

JediForce4ever said:
another shop I know of that offers worse service is Song Brothers funan branch.Every time I go there and ask abt price they see me like veh buay song liddat.and they price their lens so high price too.Last i asked they were selling the Sigma APO70-300mm4-5.6 at $450:bigeyes: :thumbsd:

I second you opinion. Very poor service. I once asked if I can take a look at a camera body. One of the more elderly saleman said "this one not cheap, where got let people touch one". The next week I walked past, saw the same man giving some tourists a hard time. These people really give Singapore a bad name. :thumbsd: I will never walk into that shop again.

yzr500abe said:
I've been buying stuff from AP sim lim and i always try to go to the same salesman (i think he is name is steven) who served me. So far so good .... but when the shop is crowded with tourist...chances are that i'm not on their priority list ( i dun look like a rich bugger at all)

I second that... have been buying from AP and I ALWAYS look for Steven, if he is not free or not around, I will come back some other time..... like most of the bro, I don't look rich (in fact, I am not rich... :embrass:).... so most of them will ignore you.... sometime a few young chap will be at the shop, they are quite friendly, but they never give good price.... and of course, must do homework before you step in lar..... same for CP.... the last time I went, was asking a chap for the correct filter, he ask me go check out the correct model number than buy, he very busy.... WTF........ of course there are good one at CP lar, esp those at the tripod side....

Status
Not open for further replies.