Alan photo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
user111 said:
why is the thread starter post count only 6? :think:

Is that a problem? AlanPhotoTrading's posts only 12, and they have been in business for years, ya?

Maybe thread poster does not know about CS before this? Maybe... maybe...

There could be 11 or 101 or 1001 or 10001 or 100001 or 1000001 or......... reasons for that....

Chill...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

user111 said:
why is the thread starter post count only 6? :think:

to busy with business i think, where got time to post?
:bsmilie:

I am a regular customer of CP at marina sq & most of the time happy wif their service & I always feel at home in their shop even if I did not buy anything .. sad to say, today is the first time I bought anything frm Alan photo and dun hv good impression abt them.. the staff attended to me (dun wanna say the name) simply couldn't answer my questions and instead of asking his colleages for assistance keep telling me "dun know leh ".. and when I ask him if anyone could help.. he gave me an expression of " pls take and go & dun ask too much.."
really neber expect a photography equipment staff to be like dat leh.. abit disappointed as Alan Photo suppose to be a reputed Photography equipment store..

was considering walking out of the shop but duno y still got the EF-S 10-20mm lens .. *sigh* backside itchy.. shld hv go back to CP who only charges $10 more & with better service. when i reach home, found tat the warranty card not stamp with dealer stamp.. hv to travel back again :confused: :(

another shop I know of that offers worse service is Song Brothers funan branch.Every time I go there and ask abt price they see me like veh buay song liddat.and they price their lens so high price too.Last i asked they were selling the Sigma APO70-300mm4-5.6 at $450:bigeyes: :thumbsd:

actually I really dun mind if he is not knowledable.. but the store is not crowded at tat time and he can ask someone to try and at least answer some queries (was also asking him abt other products ).. but his attitude is like bochup & waiting for me to pay up... or shld I say bad customer service

mighty_mouse said:
actually I really dun mind if he is not knowledable.. but the store is not crowded at tat time and he can ask someone to try and at least answer some queries (was also asking him abt other products ).. but his attitude is like bochup & waiting for me to pay up... or shld I say bad customer service
I can understand ur frustrations. I've bought stuff from Alan Photo on a number of occasions. My experience with them has been mixed, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I guess most stores are like that.

I'm a regular at CP peninsula. Though most sales people there are very helpful, there are still one or two black sheep. I guess AP just has more black sheep :bsmilie:

JediForce4ever said:
another shop I know of that offers worse service is Song Brothers funan branch.Every time I go there and ask abt price they see me like veh buay song liddat.and they price their lens so high price too.Last i asked they were selling the Sigma APO70-300mm4-5.6 at $450:bigeyes: :thumbsd:
they only serve tourist one. don't bother about that shop.

zaxh81 said:
do a search for alan photo,there's good and bad experiences.

does the search works?

My fav. is CP,:cool: especially the ladies sales person, my regular (i forgot her name) always quoted me the best price! always tell me "ok, I give final and please dont bargain" true enough, really lowest in the market. As AP, the service so so, price? check out first. Never patronise the fotoshop infront of Mustafa ctr, he quoted me SB600 for whopping $560 !!! thats it, immediately I chabot...there goes 1 custommer.(btw i dont look like touris):nono:

wow! izzit the Peninsula branch or the Marina branch you went to ? Marina also got one lady sales person ...

ya.. the Alan photo same too.. I actually alreadi got an equote who quote me reasonably.. the guy attended to me charge me $100 more & lucily I told him the name of the person who quote me and he reverted back to the quote price.... then he "buey song" tell me "you will not find such low price in Singapore one..." but its not true... I can get slightly cheaper at MScolor which I've checked and about $10 more from cathay... I told him this and he look disbelieve.. all in all disappointed wif tat shop lah...

wahidkarim55 said:
My fav. is CP,:cool: especially the ladies sales person, my regular (i forgot her name) always quoted me the best price! always tell me "ok, I give final and please dont bargain" true enough, really lowest in the market. As AP, the service so so, price? check out first. Never patronise the fotoshop infront of Mustafa ctr, he quoted me SB600 for whopping $560 !!! thats it, immediately I chabot...there goes 1 custommer.(btw i dont look like touris):nono:

Alan Photo :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

mighty_mouse said:
wow! izzit the Peninsula branch or the Marina branch you went to ? Marina also got one lady sales person ...

ya.. the Alan photo same too.. I actually alreadi got an equote who quote me reasonably.. the guy attended to me charge me $100 more & lucily I told him the name of the person who quote me and he reverted back to the quote price.... then he "buey song" tell me "you will not find such low price in Singapore one..." but its not true... I can get slightly cheaper at MScolor which I've checked and about $10 more from cathay... I told him this and he look disbelieve.. all in all disappointed wif tat shop lah...

mighty_mouse said:

penisula...branch, slightly plump with glass...

BBTM said:
One thing bad abt AP (or other camera shop) is that no PRICE TAG! One day, they give you this price, another day, another price. Esp on small items like fliter, memory card etc... Really headache when buying from them (Diff sale person give diff price, even for flash!)
How about CP?

There are a price tags on the accessories, but when you ask for final price, it could be 50% discount :confused: .

Regards,
Arto.

DT_ said:
does the search works?

you din try you won't know.:) if it doesn't work the button won't be there.

I always buy from AP cause they can give me better price.
talk about service,even CP or MS can give bad service on their off days.

I'm getting confuse. Alan photo is not the second hand shop at level 2 peninsula plaza?

popeye said:
I'm getting confuse. Alan photo is not the second hand shop at level 2 peninsula plaza?

That is Alex Photo

wahidkarim55 said:
penisula...branch, slightly plump with glass...

This lady is good!!! Her service is excellent!
Dunno her name.. Bought from her a few times liaoz..
LOL She patiently took out 4 different macro lenses for me to one by one test though I told her I didn't want to buy, just wanna test the lenses and see the images 1st. In the end she was so nice that I bought the lens pen I've been thinking off from her :)

OT a bit guys....

Just want to ask..... anyone notice how come at CP the price tag on the air dust is 46 dollars but when we buy its 26 dollars?

centuryegg said:
OT a bit guys....

Just want to ask..... anyone notice how come at CP the price tag on the air dust is 46 dollars but when we buy its 26 dollars?

hmm yeah i realised that. the price that on an IR filter i bought was about $50 something but when i paid it was $40 something...

But i like CP, they have friendly and helpful staffs there... :thumbsup:

and i just found out one of my lecturers knows the retail manager there! my lecturer owns D70 sia..cant believe it :p

CP tags their price at a 100% from their selling price.
Your air dust should be at $23

centuryegg said:
OT a bit guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.