Alan photo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
r52lanc said:
With so few pro-shops here on the red dot, we cannot ignore one without a valid reason.

huh? ignore them must have valid reasons meh? :dunno:

Think the salesperson is on commission based that why prices always different.
the more you pay the more they earnt :think:

I was served pretty well years ago :D Maybe bcoz it was closing time, I was the last customer.

I've always got good service and good prices from them. I go to the same person always. We have a relationship and he always try to please me. I even get free stuff when buying something else. He knows I'll come back if he give me good service.

E.O.S said:
Not trying to solicit...

It is hard not to invite suspicion when you just joined and your first few posts is to 'commend' a commercial entity....especially when it deals with photographic equipment;)

Anyway....my experience with AP Funan is ....their service so so..not rude but not warm either(maybe I don't look like having a deep pocket);p . Personally, I find that CP offers better pricing and service compared to AP Funan....

can't comment on AP in SimLim 'cos I never bought anything from them.

You are entitle to your own suspicion...I join this forum cause the people at alan photo recommend me. They tell me if there is things I want to ask, I can post questions here and some kind people will help me...

Now this invites more thought...:think:

E.O.S said:
You are entitle to your own suspicion...I join this forum cause the people at alan photo recommend me. They tell me if there is things I want to ask, I can post questions here and some kind people will help me...

as previously stated in the last thread about the shops

i still prefer AP funan than CP itself.
reason is simple.
i look young. look poor as i have the student look. CP staff dun even bother about me at all. :angry:
except for the tripod section where steven and christopher is awfully friendly ;)

Ap funan is the one i would prefer to step in as i always gotten good services and good prices from david and one of the guy there. forgot his name. :thumbsup:

john is good too. all the staff there are nice but of cos sometimes the prices there are not as cheap as other place. :sweat: but i still do buy from them when i have the extra cash to spare. well they r good so we should patronise them and shop there often! :bsmilie:

just my pt of view

Geckorian said:
I was served pretty well years ago :D Maybe bcoz it was closing time, I was the last customer.

You mean the sale staff wated to close door and go home, see wife and kiss baby and they gave away cameras and lenses at low price to chase the last customer out of the shop?

When is the closing time? :)

vince123123 said:
Welcome to CS, and with it, your commendary posts on Alan Photo :)

Experiences have been mixed going by the experiences here. A thread like this will only get both good and bad response, not the good response you're trying to solicit.

Wanna good comments only? You have to pay us.:bsmilie:

BBTM said:
One thing bad abt AP (or other camera shop) is that no PRICE TAG! One day, they give you this price, another day, another price. Esp on small items like fliter, memory card etc... Really headache when buying from them (Diff sale person give diff price, even for flash!)

Aiyah, got price tag also like that.
Take CP for example, the price tag on accessories (e.g. bag, lens pen) is always double of what the salesman quoted.

nikkie said:
it is not a shop to go for people with no knowledge about cameras (unless you are buying P&S). some risks involved where ever you go. cannot be 'ai pi, ai chie, ai tua liap ni' right?
better to go TKphoto. :thumbsup:

Pardon me asking, where is TK photo?

I've been buying stuff from AP sim lim and i always try to go to the same salesman (i think he is name is steven) who served me. So far so good .... but when the shop is crowded with tourist...chances are that i'm not on their priority list ( i dun look like a rich bugger at all)

Alan photo is a good shop... you just have to know which salesman to go to. Go to ppl like Steven or anthony or me :D haha austin

I trust Steven. Been getting stuff from him for quite a while now. Now, I am getting to know Desmond, James and a few others...

jamestan said:
I trust Steven. Been getting stuff from him for quite a while now. Now, I am getting to know Desmond, James and a few others...
yeah they are nice people once u get to know them well as long as u want to buy a camera from alan photo u have to wait as there are always a lot of people in the shop

self praise is no praise. why do we have to know which salesmen to go? can't we go any salesman and expect reasonable service from him?

AlanPhotoTrading said:
Alan photo is a good shop... you just have to know which salesman to go to. Go to ppl like Steven or anthony or me :D haha austin

Heard that Andy Lee of Minolta had worked in Alan Photo liao...
Anyone here knows him? :think:

why is the thread starter post count only 6? :think:

You should buy from which ever place you feel comfortable at and from whoever salesman you feel has a good service attitude.

I am ok with the service at AP from both Sim Lim and Funan but am selective as to who serves me. This guy called Joseph from Funan branch was nice enough to show me cameras even though I had no intention to buy that day. Like many people said, Steven at Sim Lim branch can be trusted to give good pricing and service. When going to places like CP and MS, some particular sales people should be sought out and some avoided as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.