thinking of getting a canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah so lucky you. I wish I had someone to hold brolly for me too. :cry:

Weather seal may be useful but dun think anyone would wanna risk their precious gears also lar.

White lenses + EOS 1 curves = :lovegrin:

your gf/wifey/goodfriend?

i have no problems asking for help when i shoot.
well, you can always buy those xiao ding dang cap that has a brolly on top of it.:bsmilie:

the deadly white lens+eos1+a tall dark handsome photographer make me weak in the hips...:bsmilie:

heh.. 30d and 400d are cropped sensors. ur experience with them will be of minimal difference.. (like interface, different shutter sound, yada yada, etc)
i think one of the first things u might be awed at when u play with a 5D is looking through the viewfinder.
i've played with 1ds2 before the experience is just.. amazing. first thing i did was just to look through the viewfinder. then play with 16-35L and a fisheye lens. used a 35L wide open and the quality is awesome!

now i'm really confused.:confused:
i have someone who pm me and said canon has relatively small VF.and you said it's amazing.
so what's the THING that's amazing when you look through the vf?
and how does quality comes in?u mean the IQ when u look at the pic taken with the 35L?:dunno:

EOS 5D will be good. But after adding lenses, it'll definitely exceed your budget.

So why not consider EOS 30D or even a 2nd hand EOS 20D with 70-200 F2.8L IS + 580EX?

:)

heh.. 30d and 400d are cropped sensors. ur experience with them will be of minimal difference.. (like interface, different shutter sound, yada yada, etc)
i think one of the first things u might be awed at when u play with a 5D is looking through the viewfinder.
i've played with 1ds2 before the experience is just.. amazing. first thing i did was just to look through the viewfinder. then play with 16-35L and a fisheye lens. used a 35L wide open and the quality is awesome!

Viewfinder is ok lah... Jeanie has a F5 to compare with... D200's viewfinder although smaller but it is not that tiny nor dim and definitely better than 30D's.

BC

now i'm really confused.:confused:
i have someone who pm me and said canon has relatively small VF.and you said it's amazing.
so what's the THING that's amazing when you look through the vf?
and how does quality comes in?u mean the IQ when u look at the pic taken with the 35L?:dunno:

it's big and it's bright!!! yes, image quality is what i'm referring.

EOS 5D will be good. But after adding lenses, it'll definitely exceed your budget.

So why not consider EOS 30D or even a 2nd hand EOS 20D with 70-200 F2.8L IS + 580EX?

:)

wah.lidat very difficult.
to spend more than 5k to 'try out'.:dunno: :nono:

back to drawing board.:(

Viewfinder is ok lah... Jeanie has a F5 to compare with... D200's viewfinder although smaller but it is not that tiny nor dim and definitely better than 30D's.

BC

now that u mention the f5, i cant recall which vf is bigger.:bsmilie:

to tell the truth, Olympus probably has the best colour...those would be best for portrait...but having worked with Olympus, Fujifilm, Nikon, Canon and Phase One colours, I find that tweeking your in-camera settings is probably more productive than buying a new system...

it's big and it's bright!!! yes, image quality is what i'm referring.

Although 5D is full-frame, the viewfinder magnification IIRC is only about 0.7x whereas the D200 is about 0.94x. There is a difference, but not that huge IMO (25mm for 5d vs 22mm for D200).

BC

to tell the truth, Olympus probably has the best colour...those would be best for portrait...but having worked with Olympus, Fujifilm, Nikon, Canon and Phase One colours, I find that tweeking your in-camera settings is probably more productive than buying a new system...

i guess i didnt state my initial intentions properly.
it is NOT because i cant seem to get nice skin tones from my d200.

as mentioned, i would just like to try out the canon system for portraiture, and also the userfriendliness and such.
of course, tweaking my d200 or correcting it with a gretagmacbeth card in PP will almost guarantee me a 99% hit.but that's aint the point.

allow me to use an analogy...if i have been driving a toyota,i just want to feel what a mazda feels like.

i have many friends who tells me when shooting portraits, canon is the way to go.
i'm not trying to start a dispute as to whether nikon or canon is better in whatever ways.
but it kind of got me curious,so i'm speculating on getting a canon system to try it.

question is, which canon dslr should i get?not the top of the range mkii or whatsoever please.

what's the equivilant of d200 for canon cameras?
i'm only thinking of getting a(ONE) portrait lens for the canon dslr.

please advise?

no cockadoodledoo talk please.

If only for portrait,i recon u get 5D.
I hav 3 body 20D,1Dm2 n 5D,but i like 5D most....happy shooting

cheep cheep cheep

being a cheapo means i have money to buy something else ;)

but do consider the fuji S5Pro

answer my damn PM ortegandalf.;(

btw, how come s5pro look so much like a nikon dlsr?:dunno:

but seriously, if they want to sell, they should do away with the fujifilm branding.
really makes the cam looked so cheapo(though i know specs look good).:dunno:

Just a warning that a FF camera needs a good lens to go with it, else lots of flaws from the lens will be shown.....The reason why I go with 5D is because some how I feel that the EF lens are design with FF in mind, therefore a FF camera will take the full advantage of the lens. 1.6X crop only use part of the glass that you pay for. :)

The feeling of taking portrait with FF and crop camera is diff. Being able to get closer to the subject is something the FF allows.

actually i agree with ortega, wait for the s5 and u can use ur existing lenses. as for selling him cheap, that one u two discuss, none of my biz!

but back to topic, i think garion has probably given the best recommendation. :)

If only for portrait,i recon u get 5D.
I hav 3 body 20D,1Dm2 n 5D,but i like 5D most....happy shooting

care to elaborate further why 5D is your hot favourite?

Status
Not open for further replies.