Sian: USB function in my S10 spoilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankul

Mar 27, 2002
Bedok Reservoir View
Visit site
my canon S10.... turned the knob to the USB download funciton.... the indicator window didn't even show the 'PC' lettering..... now cannot download to computer directly already... have to use the CF reader :(

Originally posted by Mankul
my canon S10.... turned the knob to the USB download funciton.... the indicator window didn't even show the 'PC' lettering..... now cannot download to computer directly already... have to use the CF reader :(

...what time is it?

it's TIGER time....

Mankul, adam means it's time to get a new DC....:D

I understand how you feel. 3 alternatives you can have:

1. Ignore this and use your CF reader
2. Bring to Canon service center and make a lot of noise, thus having a chance that they will repair it for free :D
3. Great excuse to buy another better camera or in other words, ... what time is it?:p :D

Your camera still able to take wonderful pictures, I presume.

Pull off the usb cable and then replug it, hope it will solve the problem. Sometimes I also got the problem under winxp.

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Full marks for Tweek! :dent:

yay! I got full marks from teacher!! Never before in my life....

Originally posted by Goondu

2. Bring to Canon service center and make a lot of noise, thus having a chance that they will repair it for free :D

Your camera still able to take wonderful pictures, I presume.

one problem... no receipt cos I bought 2nd hand...... 2nd problem... the model is 2 yrs already right....

yeah taking pics still okay... :D

Originally posted by tomshen
Pull off the usb cable and then replug it, hope it will solve the problem. Sometimes I also got the problem under winxp.

its not the computer....

cos the indicator on the digicam itself will show 'PC' when I turn the know to USB mode.... it will indicate even though there is no cable plugged to it :(

one problem... no receipt cos I bought 2nd hand...... 2nd problem... the model is 2 yrs already right....

yeah taking pics still okay... :D

OIC, why not try out at the Canon service center and try to sweet talk to them, says that Canon is the best (no flaming please), in the hope that they will repair free of charge? If they insist to charge you, ask them for an estimate of the charges.

If too expensive, don't repair. If not, why not take this opportunity to bundle the servicing in for your camera?
:)

maybe should check cable also.....sometimes it is the cable fault.

Narrow down the faults one by one.

Check Comp usb PORT FIRST....Then cable.....then finally DC.

Originally posted by kaipium
maybe should check cable also.....sometimes it is the cable fault.

Narrow down the faults one by one.

Check Comp usb PORT FIRST....Then cable.....then finally DC.

hmm.. like I've said... it can't be the cab;e... cos.. usually.. even if the cab;e it not plugged in... and I turn the knob on thecam to USB mode... the indicator on the cam would still indicate 'PC' ...

plug in plug out... cannot man :(

Status
Not open for further replies.