Ridata 4GB 150x CF problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hard drive back up device would allow you to backup your pictures into it. those "killer" shots could be saved in there right after you shot them...

but then again, these devices are not shockproof. you drop it, it's gone... =)
depends on how bad the drop is... mine digimate III dropped twice but still surviving well with a glass screen crack on the LCD. :embrass:

and as for as mem card goes, I have only used kingston.. no problem so far. :thumbsup: price is also very competitive.

depends on how bad the drop is... mine digimate III dropped twice but still surviving well with a glass screen crack on the LCD. :embrass:

and as for as mem card goes, I have only used kingston.. no problem so far. :thumbsup: price is also very competitive.
My digimate lasted 1 summer. The 20GB HDD I salvaged is now one of 4 that I have salvaged from various portable HDD card reader :(

I have infinately more problems with portable HDD/card reader combo then I have with flash memories+HDD+all others computrer related problems combined.

The low cost HDD/card reader housing simply SUCKS.

well, it depends.

if you have a converged device like the Zen Vision W, your experience might be better.

My digimate lasted 1 summer. The 20GB HDD I salvaged is now one of 4 that I have salvaged from various portable HDD card reader :(
maybe wait for solid-state HDD? :dunno: :bsmilie:

the hard drive back up device would allow you to backup your pictures into it. those "killer" shots could be saved in there right after you shot them...
Yes, but wat if your CF card, like mine, is giving you problems and you can't even read the damn thing....

but then again, these devices are not shockproof. you drop it, it's gone... =)
Maybe you should wrap it up with sponge or foam... ;p

Manage to get hold of Image Rescue that came with the Lexar 1GB CF (free gift from Canon), then managed to recover all my photos + ....get this, a folder entitled NERO 7.... Reloaded!!!! :bigeyes: That's definitely not mine as it's my first time using the card. Refurbished CF Card???

Shocking news!!! Did you get e refund???;p

I tried many brands of card, I did not have any extraordinary problems with Kingston, Lexar nor Sandisk. However, I cannot say the same thing for the rest. I did a survey of all many of my friends who shoots, both in Singapore and elsewhere, same answers. I now use only Kingston, becasue I got a good deal awhile back when switching to 4GB cards.

I worked with some vendors who are also in the flash memory market, it all boils down to the demand from the OEM. There are only a handfull of flash memory suppliers feeding to many OEMs. To control cost, to support the dirt cheap prices, quality control is the first to suffer. Lower QC demand, cheaper the cost, cheaper the price to the consumer.

At the end of the day, the consumer willo decide if the lower prices justify the higher risks.
Yup, never had problems with Kingston and Lexar.:thumbsup:

I have infinately more problems with portable HDD/card reader combo then I have with flash memories+HDD+all others computrer related problems combined.

The low cost HDD/card reader housing simply SUCKS.
Yup, couldn't agree more. Afterall, HDD has moving parts and I think pictures stored in the flash memories are safer than storing them in the HDD.

Add one more vendor to the reliable CF list: Transcend.

I have absolutely no problem with Transcend CF cards. My company bought ten 2GB cards and three for myself from Memory World. Random batch and so far no problem at all (touch wood). :thumbsup:

They are bit slower than Extreme III but definitely cheaper.

Add one more vendor to the reliable CF list: Transcend.

I have absolutely no problem with Transcend CF cards. My company bought ten 2GB cards and three for myself from Memory World. Random batch and so far no problem at all (touch wood). :thumbsup:

They are bit slower than Extreme III but definitely cheaper.

Yes, tried that one too. No complains so far.

wow lucky me :sweat:
Bought the 4G CF just before I went US. Took 900+ photos and I do not have a problem.
If I am unlucky & gotten faulty type I can really :mad2:

I never tried Transcend. What I heard from other photographers on Transcend is more on performance rather than realiability. I have no idea how true and persuasive. For my own use, I will take realiability over speed of the card any day.

Afterall,l when the buffer is full, it really does not matter if I can shoot at 1 frame a second or a frame per 1.5 second. Beside, I shoot portrait, write speed isn't really that improtant.

guess it all boils down to luck. I own 3 lexar 1GB cards. All 3 stopped working all of a sudden without any reason late last year. Had them exchanged at convergent systems and seldom use it since then. Took them out recently for some test shots and to my horror, one of the cards stop working again! ;(

Sticking to transcend and sandisk for now :sweat:

guess it all boils down to luck. I own 3 lexar 1GB cards. All 3 stopped working all of a sudden without any reason late last year. Had them exchanged at convergent systems and seldom use it since then. Took them out recently for some test shots and to my horror, one of the cards stop working again! ;(

Sticking to transcend and sandisk for now :sweat:

Hmm...interesting...Lexar is suppose to be reputable...

I have Ridata 150x 4gb purchased one plus month back, no problems le even when i fill up the card.

Hopfully it stay that way.

I have Ridata 150x 4gb purchased one plus month back, no problems le even when i fill up the card.

Hopfully it stay that way.

Yup, was told by EG that the batch which they had ard that time was ok. Have some now and they're working fine too! :D

I must have purchased the 'lemon' batch then...:angry:

then mine was the 'lime'???? :sweat: :mad2: wan go long pia already la

Maybe you guys might want to contact EG regarding this issue to see how they can help you. They have been extremely helpful to myself and others. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.