Respect to the KING...

Status
Not open for further replies.
_espn_ said:
I'll carry on with my big mac and/or old chang kee popiah/curry puff.

heh... thats damn offensive imo. i've lived in thailand and the first time that happened... i was like wth!? but i've learned why the thai's respect the king so much and even now, i respect him.

if you guys didn't already know, this year is his 60th year on the throne (hence all the yellow shirts (his fav color)). The king's song that they play (its the royal tune) is accompanied with a video showing rain... he's most loved because he was the guy who perfected the forumula for rain seeding (rain's impt for agriculture in thailand - in the countryside where there have always been droughts)... ppl frm singapore and aussie and all around went there some 30+ years or more ago to learn how to do it. he also made roads to all places, made 4 different palaces to be close to his people at 4 corners of thailand, visited farmers etc (people's king),

the king is also an accomplished musician who writes music! saw videos of him playing his sax/clarinet and he's simply amazing... no kidding!

I respect him for doing so much for thailand - he deserves all that respect. maybe its a little 'overdone' for some, but it's how the thai's show their respect for someone who has indeed brought them the rain that the country needs.

And seriously speaking.... espn... if u actually did that... hehehe, won't be surprised if the thai's around you beat you up to pulp even if ur not a local~

back in the 60's in Singapore cinemas, pple oso stand up for the Majullah Singapura prior to start of show......

ParkertR said:
wowza! kewl new info - never know! then again, wasn't born yet... but it's a nice piece of info! thnx tom :D

that shows how old tom is... hehehe... me wasn't born as well... think tom is born in 50s... hehe...

anyway, it kinda shows the 'respect' we have for our govt and such... which leads to another question... y doesn't they have it in UK... and i jolly well know y they dun have it in japan.. else u see china, korea start kpkb again... hahahaha...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
that shows how YOUNG tom is... hehehe... me wasn't born as well... think tom is born in 50s... hehe...

anyway, it kinda shows the 'respect' we have for our govt and such... which leads to another question... y doesn't they have it in UK... and i jolly well know y they dun have it in japan.. else u see china, korea start kpkb again... hahahaha...

when i was in Taipei in the 70s, they had the same drill in the theatres too.....

ParkertR said:
And seriously speaking.... espn... if u actually did that... hehehe, won't be surprised if the thai's around you beat you up to pulp even if ur not a local~

i think espn is refering to Singapore cinema.. thailand don't have old chang kee right..:sweat:

major_tom said:
back in the 60's in Singapore cinemas, pple oso stand up for the Majullah Singapura prior to start of show......

Heard that before..those were the days...:thumbsup:

I doubt will see that ever again..:rolleyes:

soma said:
Heard that before..those were the days...:thumbsup:

I doubt will see that ever again..:rolleyes:

u see that only once in a year, b4 the NDP show... tats all... and for the rest of the ppl... sitting in comfort of their living room sitting on their comfortable leather couch, enjoying their old chang kee (maybe 1 day old, who knows they open on that day anot...)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u see that only once in a year, b4 the NDP show... tats all... and for the rest of the ppl... sitting in comfort of their living room sitting on their comfortable leather couch, enjoying their old chang kee (maybe 1 day old, who knows they open on that day anot...)

hahahaa....i give up watching that too..:rolleyes:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
which leads to another question... y doesn't they have it in UK... and i jolly well know y they dun have it in japan.. else u see china, korea start kpkb again... hahahaha...

i think this is not very nice. you did not suffer from the war waged by the Japanese. basically there was nothing much left in singapore that will remind you of the serious consequences of that japanese war, but in other countries, in particular, China and Korea, there are still many many visible scars left, people still suffering from that war! There are still chemical weapons left by the japanese which still harming innocent ppl in china; there are still many holes in the various temples and buddha statues as a result of the japanese robbery in korea, not to mention about the cost of tearing down the japanese governor's residence, which was built right in front of the korean king's palace to belittle the korean king and his ppl!

ParkertR said:
yo zeckson!!! i'll be flyin back to thailand on sunday... can meet u on thurs or fri in bkk :p hehehe wanna lim kopi?

Sure! Call me man! Have always been wanting to meet up with you! Phom lor khun dai na!:D

ParkertR said:
heh... thats damn offensive imo. i've lived in thailand and the first time that happened... i was like wth!? but i've learned why the thai's respect the king so much and even now, i respect him.

if you guys didn't already know, this year is his 60th year on the throne (hence all the yellow shirts (his fav color)). The king's song that they play (its the royal tune) is accompanied with a video showing rain... he's most loved because he was the guy who perfected the forumula for rain seeding (rain's impt for agriculture in thailand - in the countryside where there have always been droughts)... ppl frm singapore and aussie and all around went there some 30+ years or more ago to learn how to do it. he also made roads to all places, made 4 different palaces to be close to his people at 4 corners of thailand, visited farmers etc (people's king),

the king is also an accomplished musician who writes music! saw videos of him playing his sax/clarinet and he's simply amazing... no kidding!

I respect him for doing so much for thailand - he deserves all that respect. maybe its a little 'overdone' for some, but it's how the thai's show their respect for someone who has indeed brought them the rain that the country needs.

I was referring to in singapore.

Why would I want to watch a movie in thailand?

soma said:
i think espn is refering to Singapore cinema.. thailand don't have old chang kee right..:sweat:
Bingo... at least someone does uses his head to think!!!!!! :thumbsup:

_espn_ said:
Bingo... at least someone does uses his head to think!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kiam Sia...:sweat:... Why i want to watch movie in thailand?:think: :bsmilie:

soma said:
Kiam Sia...:sweat:... Why i want to watch movie in thailand?:think: :bsmilie:
True mah... I go thailand to watch movie? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.