Recommendations for camera backpack

I feel like getting another bag too. May be getting the Kata 3N1 20 or a Minibee but the Minibee might be very expensive...

Got a quote of $140 for the 3N1 20 and no stock for Minibee.

Anyone using a Minibee, how is it?

Finally got the Kata 3n1 33... nice bag.. but really is a bit too big for me... :)

Now i really look like Ning Cai Chen.. haha really like a box on my back...:what:

Would u like to swop your 3N1-33 with my 1 size smaller 3N1-20? Plus cash top up from me?

Mine was used once for few hours n find it too small so kept at home all the way.

If interested pls call/sms me at90707074

Thanks
morgan

im looking for kata 3n1 20 also.... but im wondering what is the difference between Kata 3n1 20 and 3n1 -22?

Go for the 22. That extra compartment is extremely useful to store documents n all if not using a laptop. 22 is also the ideal size, for me at least. Fit the body width & unobstrusive, won't go knocking into things & people.

Last edited:
I am waiting for the KATA 3N1-35 PL, looks great!!! ;)
Kata Bags 3N1-35 PL; Sling Backpack - Pro-Light
t720x460_KT_PL_3N1_35_pres_p1.jpg

t720x460_KT_PL_3N1_35_pres_p2.jpg

OT abit..

just wondering, Kata is quite a popular brand, esp the 3n1 series I've heard much about. But how does it fare when going hiking, trekking in the forest, is the bag able to handle these kinda "damages" ? or is it not supposed for this kinda activity?

*cos the fabric used to make, feels abit easy to tear when "fighting" against the tree branches*

Guys, do u bring water bottle in ur camera backpack? Since if we are traveling, we can get thirsty easily

Guys, do u bring water bottle in ur camera backpack? Since if we are traveling, we can get thirsty easily

i bring a water bottle, but i do not put it inside the camera bag. i put it in the tripod bag instead. safer. wet tripod, can wipe dry. wet camera / lens could be a big problem.

detritus said:
i bring a water bottle, but i do not put it inside the camera bag. i put it in the tripod bag instead. safer. wet tripod, can wipe dry. wet camera / lens could be a big problem.

Get the 466i series. Then u can put bottle outside the bag

Seriously the 20 or 22 series are not that user friendly. It's too hard, too boxy. When u put in onto yr body, u feel like u carrying a hard box. No comfort.

U can't put anything else in the bag and outside the bag

donut88 said:
Get the 466i series. Then u can put bottle outside the bag

Seriously the 20 or 22 series are not that user friendly. It's too hard, too boxy. When u put in onto yr body, u feel like u carrying a hard box. No comfort.

U can't put anything else in the bag and outside the bag

The exterior is meant for tripod legs, though putting a water bottle there do fine too :)

anyone has any idea where i can get a Lowepro compu primus ? I called several shops and they say they dont carry it anymore. Are there similar bag out there in the market ?

The Vanguard Skyborne Series is very similar to the Compu Primus.

I sold my compu primus quite a while back... It is a good bag, but it has its flaws too...

OT abit..

just wondering, Kata is quite a popular brand, esp the 3n1 series I've heard much about. But how does it fare when going hiking, trekking in the forest, is the bag able to handle these kinda "damages" ? or is it not supposed for this kinda activity?

*cos the fabric used to make, feels abit easy to tear when "fighting" against the tree branches*

The 3n1 series is not the most comfortable when carrying for long periods over long distances. The straps are just not as comfortable as the lowepro's or thinktank's.

The 3n1 series is not the most comfortable when carrying for long periods over long distances. The straps are just not as comfortable as the lowepro's or thinktank's.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to hunt for a "light" enough but yet strong against scratches bag for travelling thru the forest. My current vanguard uprise 45 have quite nice padding, but kills my back instead after a walk of 4hrs in some forest trails in SG... (I find that the bag itself is already quite heavy, thou it can take alot of damage..) *Not even sure if my quest for such bag is just a dream or ?...*

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to hunt for a "light" enough but yet strong against scratches bag for travelling thru the forest. My current vanguard uprise 45 have quite nice padding, but kills my back instead after a walk of 4hrs in some forest trails in SG... (I find that the bag itself is already quite heavy, thou it can take alot of damage..) *Not even sure if my quest for such bag is just a dream or ?...*

Actually any bag with good ripstop nylon should be ok with scratches. If you want really really tough, Think Tank is the one to go for. However, while think tank bags are comfortable and tough, they are not actually designed for use for hiking or forest bashing...

Last edited:
SkyStrike said:

Look at 466i series.

Actually any bag with good ripstop nylon should be ok with scratches. If you want really really tough, Think Tank is the one to go for. However, while think tank bags are comfortable and tough, they are not actually designed for use for hiking or forest bashing...

I think I'll use my vanguard for another few trips before I decide what to do with it....may end up compromising by reducing my gear instead.