Recommendations for camera backpack

My favourite is the Kata 3N1-22 strong, sturdy, well balanced, comfortable, flexible & easily accessible, not to mention nice looking. I rearrange the inside dividers & reorient the opening to fit my equipment. Hold 2 cams, UWA & teles incl documents & netbook (can even hold a D700+16-35 in top compartment for quick access). Include add on accessory tripod holder. Use slim combination locks also to restrict access. Can hand carry on board planes, fit into compartment or on floor between the legs. Chosed this over the Lowepro fastpack. Served me very well on all my travels.

Thanks for the Info.. mind sharing how much and where you got it from?? many thanks in advance..:)

Thanks for the Info.. mind sharing how much and where you got it from?? many thanks in advance..:)

This is how the bag looks like http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?Version=photo&p_Id=19772

Check out Artworkphoto under CS mass sales section as they are local distributor http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/791514-Kata-Bag-Godspeed-CF-SD-card-and-others!

I got mine near mint in B&S for $130 incl tripod attachment. Retail price should be below $200.

Did you re-arrange the inserts to hold 2 cameras (with lens attached) within the main compartment or with one camera in the top ?

I rearrange lower main compartment to hold my D90 with 80-200 lens mounted for retrieval at front/centre opening instead of side (too tight fit), resp of space for battery grip, flash & small lens. Added extra padding for better protection for travel. Top compartment is for my D700 with 16-35 lens also mounted for fast acess as I use this 90% of the time. The bag really suit my purpose.

Last edited:
I rearrange lower main compartment to hold my D90 with 80-200 lens mounted for retrieval at front/centre opening instead of side (too tight fit), resp of space for battery grip, flash & small lens. Added extra padding for better protection for travel. Top compartment is for my D700 with 16-35 lens also mounted for fast acess as I use this 90% of the time. The bag really suit my purpose.

Thank you.

s1221ljc said:
This is how the bag looks like http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?Version=photo&p_Id=19772

Check out Artworkphoto under CS mass sales section as they are local distributor http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/791514-Kata-Bag-Godspeed-CF-SD-card-and-others!

I got mine near mint in B&S for $130 incl tripod attachment. Retail price should be below $200.

Thank a lot ... For all the details ..

It is better to check out pricing at TK Foto. I bought my 3n1-33 (the biggest model) there for $170. I would think the 3n1-22 would be priced lower than that.

try nat geo earth explorer large backpack

It is better to check out pricing at TK Foto. I bought my 3n1-33 (the biggest model) there for $170. I would think the 3n1-22 would be priced lower than that.

Really???:bigeyes::bigeyes: i found the cheapest so far for 3n1-22 is $160... but 3n1-33 far more expensive...

Really???:bigeyes::bigeyes: i found the cheapest so far for 3n1-22 is $160... but 3n1-33 far more expensive...

Do go to TK Foto and check it out. They are a 1-price store. All listed prices are final prices. So it takes the guesswork out of the equation.

Also please know there is a Kata price list...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/602686-Bags-Kata

and I quote from the price list....

3N1 Family
Sling backpack

3N1-10 [Sep08 $110 TK] [$98 - Lords] [$95 - J316, Nov 09]
3N1-20 [Sep08 $135 TK] [$169 K13] [$168 OP] [Nov08 $145 OP][Dec08 $140 OP] [$105 - Parisilk] [Mar10 J316 $148]
3N1-22 [Nov 09 $158 OP] [Dec 09 $135, Parisilk] [Jan 10 $138, K13]
3N1-30 [Sep08 $220 OP, $165 TK, Nov08 $180 TK, MSColor $210, K13 $195] [$135 - Lords]
3N1-33 [$195 - Feb10] [$170 TK, Jun10]
3N1 tripod holder attachment [$20 TK, Jun10]

Last edited:
When I bought the bag, I've checked around & it was priced between $160-180, & that is excluding the tripod holder which is another $30, so I believe I got a fair deal. Its been 1.5 yrs since price list updated so maybe inflation crept in, or price gone up together with popularity. That why I normally refrain from too positive a feedback as dealers tend to drive up prices then :) But its really good so cant help but share experiences here :)

Last edited:
Do go to TK Foto and check it out. They are a 1-price store. All listed prices are final prices. So it takes the guesswork out of the equation.

Also please know there is a Kata price list...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/602686-Bags-Kata

and I quote from the price list....

Thanks DD123... Lucky i call up orient photo.. if not...:angry: haiz...Kata 3n1 33 is $165.. will be getting it tomorrow.. many thanks DD123 for the enlightenment... if not i would have bought the 3n1 22 @ $160... in which orient is selling for $135... many thanks... did not managed to contact tk foto so don't know their pricing... as i always buy stuff from orient so i believed their price is confirm reasonable...:)

When I bought the bag, I've checked around & it was priced between $160-180, & that is excluding the tripod holder which is another $30, so I believe I got a fair deal. Its been 1.5 yrs since price list updated so maybe inflation crept in, or price gone up together with popularity. That why I normally refrain from too positive a feedback as dealers tend to drive up prices then :) But its really good so cant help but share experiences here :)

Really thanks for sharing your experiences with me.. thanks..:)

Last edited:

It is apparent that you have been looking in the wrong places then. I go to TK quite often, and pricing for 3n1-33 has stayed at 170 since then moved to Funan till now. And the tripod holder has always been $20 at TK from the first time I saw it till today.

Last edited:
It is apparent that you have been looking in the wrong places then. I go to TK quite often, and pricing for 3n1-33 has stayed at 170 since then moved to Funan till now. And the tripod holder has always been $20 at TK from the first time I saw it till today.

Yes, knowledge is power, thats why we have forum & why your input so important. Next time must check out Orient & TK too. Didnt ask becos pricing seems a sensitive thing as I gather from some posts here :) Thanks

s1221ljc said:
Yes, knowledge is power, thats why we have forum & why your input so important. Next time must check out Orient & TK too. Didnt ask becos pricing seems a sensitive thing as I gather from some posts here :) Thanks

Personally I like TK coz their prices are fixed and displayed. Whether u pay by cash or card, it's the same price. V straightforward. No need to second guess.

I hate those shops ( some famous shops are guilty of this ) don't display prices, charge extra for credit card, etc etc. No honesty at all.

Today this price, tomorrow is another price.

Personally I like TK coz their prices are fixed and displayed. Whether u pay by cash or card, it's the same price. V straightforward. No need to second guess.

I hate those shops ( some famous shops are guilty of this ) don't display prices, charge extra for credit card, etc etc. No honesty at all.

Today this price, tomorrow is another price.

For TK, for some stuff, like lenses and camera kits, you also have to pay extra if using NETs or credit card.

Finally got the Kata 3n1 33... nice bag.. but really is a bit too big for me... :)

Now i really look like Ning Cai Chen.. haha really like a box on my back...:what:

jas1984 said:
Finally got the Kata 3n1 33... nice bag.. but really is a bit too big for me... :)

Now i really look like Ning Cai Chen.. haha really like a box on my back...:what:

Just like I said before "it really feels lila box on your back". Haha!!!

U buy already, just enjoy it la

daredevil123 said:
For TK, for some stuff, like lenses and camera kits, you also have to pay extra if using NETs or credit card.

Oh really ar? Didnt know that

anyone has any idea where i can get a Lowepro compu primus ? I called several shops and they say they dont carry it anymore. Are there similar bag out there in the market ?