Recommendations for camera backpack

I think is important for TS to set the budget first. A Firsthand Lowepro Fastpack 250 would cost around $120 there if not wrong.

Here is the fastpack range.
071123_fastpack_1_g.jpg

I suggest you start there and from there find the features that you are looking for in the bags. TTP, OP and CP has the largest collection of bags that i know off while Artworkfoto has the largest for Kata.

Last edited:
I think is important for TS to set the budget first. A Firsthand Lowepro Fastpack 250 would cost around $120 there if not wrong.

Here is the fastpack range.
071123_fastpack_1_g.jpg

I suggest you start there and from there find the features that you are looking for in the bags. TTP, OP and CP has the largest collection of bags that i know off while Artworkfoto has the largest for Kata.

Wow the lowepro fastpack 250... look good and cheap for a start ..:)

sorry to hijack this thread... hope the senior could enlighten me as i cannot decided whether to go for the kata 3n1-20 or the lowepro fastpack 250.. as the price is around the same.. I also don't need to carry a laptop with me... many thanks in advance...:)

I used a Lowepro computrecker plus before I got my TinkTank HD. Reason is because my 600mm is too tight fit in the lowepro. For comfort, I prefer the Lowepro as the weight is more distributed than the TT. Maybe its because I did not buy extra belt for the TinkTank whereas the Lowepro comes with one.

sorry to hijack this thread... hope the senior could enlighten me as i cannot decided whether to go for the kata 3n1-20 or the lowepro fastpack 250.. as the price is around the same.. I also don't need to carry a laptop with me... many thanks in advance...:)

My opinion is that the Kata is flexible in use while the Fastpack makes one more invisible in a crowd. See which one more important. Also can use the laptop compartment for other stuff.

I have both the fastpack and 3n1. The 3n1 has better padded shoulder straps. The narrower shape of the 3n1-20 makes it easier to move through crowds vs the fastpack 250. I would recommend the kata 3n1-20 over the fastpack

Reportage said:
My opinion is that the Kata is flexible in use while the Fastpack makes one more invisible in a crowd. See which one more important. Also can use the laptop compartment for other stuff.

The problem with fastback and kata 3n1, is that in many countries both looks pretty obvious as camera bags. The 3n1 is due to the shape, and the fastpack is due to the big quick access on the side.

I have both the fastpack and 3n1. The 3n1 has better padded shoulder straps. The narrower shape of the 3n1-20 makes it easier to move through crowds vs the fastpack 250. I would recommend the kata 3n1-20 over the fastpack
Thanks for the info...:)

The problem with fastback and kata 3n1, is that in many countries both looks pretty obvious as camera bags. The 3n1 is due to the shape, and the fastpack is due to the big quick access on the side.

Sorry but please enlighten me.. is there any issues if the camera bag you are using look like one???? :confused:

Thanks for the info...:)

Sorry but please enlighten me.. is there any issues if the camera bag you are using look like one???? :confused:

Attract attention of thief and robbers...

Hi, I'm looking for a nice camera backpack which can put both camera stuffs and other misc items together, like the laptop, documents, etc. Any suggestions on which to get? I will be using this for travel photography, I am looking at the crumpler sinking/customary barge backpack, but unsure whether it is a good choice. Thanks everyone in advance! :)
Check out THIS place ;)

My favourite is the Kata 3N1-22 strong, sturdy, well balanced, comfortable, flexible & easily accessible, not to mention nice looking. I rearrange the inside dividers & reorient the opening to fit my equipment. Hold 2 cams, UWA & teles incl documents & netbook (can even hold a D700+16-35 in top compartment for quick access). Include add on accessory tripod holder. Use slim combination locks also to restrict access. Can hand carry on board planes, fit into compartment or on floor between the legs. Chosed this over the Lowepro fastpack. Served me very well on all my travels.

Last edited:
My favourite is the Kata 3N1-22 strong, sturdy, well balanced, comfortable, flexible & easily accessible, not to mention nice looking. I rearrange the inside dividers & reorient the opening to fit my equipment. Hold 2 cams, UWA & teles incl documents & netbook (can even hold a D700+16-35 in top compartment for quick access). Include add on accessory tripod holder. Use slim combination locks also to restrict access. Can hand carry on board planes, fit into compartment or on floor between the legs. Chosed this over the Lowepro fastpack. Served me very well on all my travels.

Did you re-arrange the inserts to hold 2 cameras (with lens attached) within the main compartment or with one camera in the top ?