Punggol Shoot 01, 27th Nov '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, from the meeting place at
punggol plaza to Location A (sunrise shoot),
it seems that we would be going through the hill,
so I would think that the right attire would be advised.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Are we going right to the river front?

It does not matter what camera you use, just as long as it can take pictures.
That is what you are going there for, right?

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
4. SnapSnap + SnapSnap's wife
5. scud (tentative)
6. poohbear
7. Eyesthruthelens (sunrise shoot)
8. Ortega (sunrise shoot)
9. Alex01sg
10. Amigo (sunrise shoot)

evq said:
I'd found another Paranormal site regarding this house;
http://www.spi.com.sg/spi_files/index.htm

Seems like it is really haunted. Flying Orgs were sighted & photographed.
Also read abt the Haw Par Villa articles.

Wow .. this website is a good past time reading material. :)

Good effort guys, for organising this meetup. Anyway, am staying in Seng Kang but a pity for me as can't make it for the sunrise shoot. Will be happy to join any other shoots u guys organise. :)

Cheers

10208punggol.jpg

ok, here's the plan i have drawn up, more suggestions welcomed

sharp meet at location 'X' for all joining sunrise shoot (please be punctual! need time to walk to location 'a' [path quite rugged] and need time for setting up) location 'X' is the only busstop along Punggol East and between Punggol Central and Punggol Field.

note!: small torches will be very useful when making our way to location 'a'

0650 - 0900
location 'a' and surroundings, sunrise shoot and some nature shoot

features: serangoon river, drain (see map) with thick vegetation along the sides, occasionally there'll be some birds like heron and others that live near seasides ... paiseh, not good in this field

beware!: potholes along the way, please do not risk climbing over railings along the river banks, snakes have been spotted infrequently, sometimes there'll be wild dogs, but so far no unfortunate incidents, just be careful :)

0900 - 1000
2nd meeting cum breakfast at location 'p1' Punggol Plaza Koufu Foodcourt
after which proceed to location 'b', Punggol End

features: new neighbourhood shopping centre ... maybe can do people shoot (there's a wet market at basement level also)

note: can get some water/food supply at NTUC

1030 - 1430

exploring and shooting locations 'b' and 'c' after which proceed to location 'p2' for a break (p2 is block 198, a coffeeshop)

features: unused jetty, War Memorial beach (lots of huge rocks), former SAF training ground (sometimes got people park their car there and 'suntan') there's a small private neighbourhood around (lorong 24) with a number of catholic missionary child care centres ... hey, how about a small picnic there? haha

note: there's a police post at the jetty checking for illegal immigrants ... but i don't think we'll catch too much of their attention lah

beware!: occasionally rugged landscape, there's a relatively big drain to cross to get to location 'c', lots of thick vegetation inland

1500 - 1600

break at location 'p2', after which can do some walk around some of the fields ... can catch people flying kites since it's a weekend ...

1730 - 1900

proceed to location 'd' ('Punggol House') OR punggol riverside

1900 onwards

you guys want dinner or call it a day? maybe we can decide on the day itself ...

general things to note:

1. equipment

TRIPOD! especially people doing sunrise/sunset
of course, dun blur blur leave home without camera and film rolls! ;)

2. sunny day preparation

proper shoes for exercise and pants/slacks recommended since there may be some walking around bushes ... this is to protect from insect bites etc.

wear a top that allows some 'ventilation' with so much moving around ... cap/hat will be useful, sunblock optional

hydrate yourself! i.e. bring a bottle of water ... at least a small bottle, we can get some replenishment during breaks

3. wet day preparation

umbrellas and light raincoats will be useful in case we get stuck in rain at locations 'a', 'b' or 'c'

get some plastic bags in case there's no time to respond and need to quickly protect the equipment

if a big downpour comes ... we may need to have a second plan ... any suggestions? me scratching head liao ... phew

lastly,

p3 is a small canteen at the punggol bus interchange
p4 is prime supermarket

both locations may be useful if more water is needed

also ... i need a volunteer to bring some light first aid tools just in case, anyone? paiseh, i not very ready when comes to first aid

p.s. for those wondering, i decided to exclude Compass Point as a meeting place as it's not very convenient

fengwei said:
I'd like to join the sun rise shootout, but I don't think I can get there by 6:30am :( It's too far from my place: Bukit Gombak ...

Any suggestion on how I can get there in time without taking a taxi ;p

Happy shooting ...

hi! unfortunately there's no alternatives :( but you may want to consider joining the shoots for the rest of the day, if you come early enough maybe can even join us around location 'a' for the morning shoot

alex01sg said:
Hi, I am a new shooter. But can I joint also? :sweat:

hi! of course you can join! it'll be my first time using a manual slr, i am a newbie too! so see you on saturday :D

ortega said:
Just a question, from the meeting place at
punggol plaza to Location A (sunrise shoot),
it seems that we would be going through the hill,
so I would think that the right attire would be advised.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Are we going right to the river front?

thanks for helping with the note! there's no hill along the way, but some 'nasty' vegetation (maybe not so nasty) and bumpy road ... will need torchlight to move around in the early hours ... attire is advised above, but not compulsory :)

Thanks eikin for the time for planning this trip.

btw, I suggest everyone pls kindly pm me ur hp number & name(by fri 1pm), so that it will come in handly when needed.
I'll compile it and pm to everyone by Fri 6pm. Hope to get some load of eikin. ;)

evq said:

btw, I suggest everyone pls kindly pm me ur hp number(by fri 1pm), so that it will come in handly when needed.
I'll compile it and pm to everyone by Fri 6pm. Hope to get some load of eikin. ;)

haha, thanks alot evq :D been quite a while since planning outings, so may seem messy :sweat: actually it's quite fun organising such outings ... btw now that all my exams are over (YAY! :vhappy: ) i now have the time to do a 'preliminary inspection' of the sites, most probably on thursday to get some pictures of the locations posted here so that everyone gets a better impression of what's going to come, plus an inspection of 'Punggol House' ...heehee, stay tuned ;)

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
5. scud (tentative)
6. poohbear
9. Alex01sg
11. Catchlights (sunrise shoot) :)

eikin said:
haha, thanks alot evq :D been quite a while since planning outings, so may seem messy :sweat: actually it's quite fun organising such outings ... btw now that all my exams are over (YAY! :vhappy: ) i now have the time to do a 'preliminary inspection' of the sites, most probably on thursday to get some pictures of the locations posted here so that everyone gets a better impression of what's going to come, plus an inspection of 'Punggol House' ...heehee, stay tuned ;)

U are welcome.
I would love to join u on thu but it's family day, sorry. Enjoys!

evq said:
U are welcome.
I would love to join u on thu but it's family day, sorry. Enjoys!

it's ok, no worries, i planned to do it alone ;) enjoy your family day too!

catchlights said:

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
5. scud (tentative)
6. poohbear
9. Alex01sg
11. Catchlights (sunrise shoot) :)

welcome catchlights! any problems with your pc loading the latest map?

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
5. scud (tentative)
6. poohbear
9. Alex01sg
11. Catchlights (sunrise shoot)
12. husaini (sunrise shoot)

welcome husaini, our new member, don't be shy to post here :)

Btw where is the location X? I'm not too familiar with Puggol yet. Any bus services from Puggol interchange to there?

BTW any bird shooting activities scheduled? I saw some "white" big birds flying ard the big drain in puggol park area.

Hi,

I'm keen on this but 27 Nov is not a good time.
Maybe another Sat in the future would be good.
Punggol is a place I'm not familiar, so I'll like to explore this place with fellow shutter bugs.

rainman said:
Btw where is the location X? I'm not too familiar with Puggol yet. Any bus services from Puggol interchange to there?

BTW any bird shooting activities scheduled? I saw some "white" big birds flying ard the big drain in puggol park area.

U can take No.3 & 83 from Punggol Interchange.
I can't remember how many stops. I'll walk u through, hope this helps;
- Both servces' routes are the same.
- They exit interchange & turn left.
- Comes to a T-junction, turn right into Punggol Central (Rd).
- Go straight for abt 4 to 5 stops.
- Another T-junction & turn right, u'll see the LRT track cutting across.
- Alight at the 1st stop after this turn.

If u still :dunno: , pls pm me

evq said:

btw, I suggest everyone pls kindly pm me ur hp number & name(by fri 1pm), so that it will come in handly when needed.

Upss..! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.