[Product Discussion] Lumix 14mm f2.5 early pics

blacvios

Jan 25, 2005
As per link below, some early pics of lumix 14f2.5. Although only 2 shots but looks good. Wonder when we will be getting the lens in singapore.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lumix-14mm-pancake/

5077145813_e3ab587f56_z.jpg

5077043141_b1fc101e6f_z.jpg

Not bad but I'm waiting to see if Olympus does release that 12mm prime they had in their line-up. If it's a slow lens, then I'll go for this one. Need a fast wide-angle for video work.

Not bad but I'm waiting to see if Olympus does release that 12mm prime they had in their line-up. If it's a slow lens, then I'll go for this one. Need a fast wide-angle for video work.

Well, you'd have to wait for a year for that, and Olympus has given no indication when they will start doling out the good stuff they have promised.

Well, you'd have to wait for a year for that, and Olympus has given no indication when they will start doling out the good stuff they have promised.
Yeah but hey if this is priced rather decently, I'll just cave and buy it anyway!

Does this lens good enough to replace lumix 7-14mm? Anyone?

Does this lens good enough to replace lumix 7-14mm? Anyone?

The 7-14 isn't as wide as the 14mm, unless you strictly use the 14mm focal length.

I would say judging from the pictures that it is a decent lens, and you could use it for general walkaround architecture/landscape shooting, but if you want the 14mm (35mm equivalent) focal length, stick to the 7-14.

The 7-14 isn't as wide as the 14mm, unless you strictly use the 14mm focal length.

I would say judging from the pictures that it is a decent lens, and you could use it for general walkaround architecture/landscape shooting, but if you want the 14mm (35mm equivalent) focal length, stick to the 7-14.

Nazgulking, I'm just making fun of you ok? But wouldn't what you just siad mean that the 14mm is wider? :bsmilie: and to answer the question, the 14mm as said by Nazgulking, cannot replace the 7-14 unless you only stick to the 14mm or 28mm (35mm equivalent) focal length, if you find that you usually shoot with 14, it might be a good lens to change to, but if you find that you're constantly in tight places, it probably isn't a suitable replacement

:embrass::embrass:
Nazgulking, I'm just making fun of you ok? But wouldn't what you just siad mean that the 14mm is wider? :bsmilie: and to answer the question, the 14mm as said by Nazgulking, cannot replace the 7-14 unless you only stick to the 14mm or 28mm (35mm equivalent) focal length, if you find that you usually shoot with 14, it might be a good lens to change to, but if you find that you're constantly in tight places, it probably isn't a suitable replacement

BLEAH.... :embrass:

Pardon me for the amateurish question, but will the difference of 6mm be very significant? I'm of course comparing the 14mm to the 20mm f1.7 :dunno:

Pardon me for the amateurish question, but will the difference of 6mm be very significant? I'm of course comparing the 14mm to the 20mm f1.7 :dunno:

yes very. we will be talking about about 28mm vs 40mm

Selling point of this is the size ... one can really pocket it in one's shirt, it's just a bit thicker than my Variable ND filter :bsmilie:. Must be expensive.

Good speed too. I'd like to see what it can do wide open or even at f/2.8, not so much at f/5.6 where even cheapo kit lenses of almost all brands are relatively sharp (might as well get the diminutive Oly 9-18mm if this is the aperture desired).

Last edited:
Selling point of this is the size ... one can really pocket it in one's shirt, it's just a bit thicker than my Variable ND filter :bsmilie:. Must be expensive.

Good speed too. I'd like to see what it can do wide open or even at f/2.8, not so much at f/5.6 where even cheapo kit lenses of almost all brands are relatively sharp (might as well get the diminutive Oly 9-18mm if this is the aperture desired).

At f2.5

5086008927_b0b1ece346_b.jpg

5086003213_745dab9c53_b.jpg

with 2x crop factor, 6mm diff becomes 12mm diff if you translate to traditional 35mm film

Has anyone manage to get this 14mm yet? I'm actually very keen in getting this wide prime instead of the 7-14mm lens. Any price on it yet for Singapore?

Last edited:
Has anyone manage to get this 14mm yet? I'm actually very keen in getting this wide prime instead of the 7-14mm lens. Any price on it yet for Singapore?

Lens will probably be here next year

with 2x crop factor, 6mm diff becomes 12mm diff if you translate to traditional 35mm film

I get it.. this would be a wide-angle prime lens then? :dunno:

If I'm correct, would this be a good lens to use for landscape photography if I wish to save money and not buy a UWA like the 7-14 or 9-18?

If I'm correct, would this be a good lens to use for landscape photography if I wish to save money and not buy a UWA like the 7-14 or 9-18?

Were you happy with the 14mm end of the kit zooms? The key is whether the focal length suits you. Otherwise, the only thing this lens offers is the f2.5

Were you happy with the 14mm end of the kit zooms? The key is whether the focal length suits you. Otherwise, the only thing this lens offers is the f2.5

I agree with what NazgulKing, just to add, quality wise MIGHT be different,

This lens can be used for landscape photography, so are the 7-14, and 9-18,heck,even the rest of the m4/3 lenses including the 45-200, 14-140,14-150 and the newly released lenses like 100-300,75-300 and 40-150, it all boils down to what is the shot you one

Suppose you're on some mountain, say mount everest, you wanna shoot the mountains together,probably a wide angle or even a ultra wide will be the right lens, but suppose I'm in Africa, and I wanna shoot the mountain there (can't remember, Kilimanjaro I guess?) But I don't want to climb, a tele photo lens will suit the job, both are in a way considered landscape