[Product Discussion] Lumix 14mm f2.5 early pics

So are they quoting MSRP or higher than it?

I was quoted $575 for it but I will wait for a while for the other shops to have it to make a comparison before I make the purchase.

Hi, 6mm difference is quite a lot, that's why it is being introduced. Meanwhile, play with present one with f1.7. till more arrived to save $$.

I was quoted $575 for it but I will wait for a while for the other shops to have it to make a comparison before I make the purchase.

Thanks. Guess I'll wait for a bit and see since I have the 20mm which is not bad too. :)

So far what the reviews for this lens? Worth buying?

So far what the reviews for this lens? Worth buying?

I'll be writing a simple and short review probably after tonight's shoot, weather hasn't been good plus I've been in school all week long so haven't got much chance to shoot with the lens,check back tonight like 11 or 11:30 or tomorrow ;)

I'll be writing a simple and short review probably after tonight's shoot, weather hasn't been good plus I've been in school all week long so haven't got much chance to shoot with the lens,check back tonight like 11 or 11:30 or tomorrow ;)

Waiting for your review. I'm still contemplating if I should buy it after seeing it at AP the other day. It's certainly more compact than the pancake lens which I had on that day.

Waiting for your review. I'm still contemplating if I should buy it after seeing it at AP the other day. It's certainly more compact than the pancake lens which I had on that day.

Its more compact than my 17mm pancake even if i remove the filter, and its way lighter, to the point I feel nothing when carrying the lens, I swear, if I was holding it and I wasn't paying attention to what is in my hand, I might drop it of fling it else somewhere :bsmilie:

Spidey, u bringing the lens for tonight gathering har?

Spidey, u bringing the lens for tonight gathering har?

Yup :bsmilie: Like I said, and like what has always been before, Kopi sessions and gathering is a time to poison people :devil: as well as to share experiences with each other ;)

I'm looking into going into m4/3 and this lens plus the 20mm interests me greatly.

But I've read some less than flattering reviews about this lens online...some said it has monstrous distortion, so I'm not sure if it's worth shelling out the money for. Spidey, any possibility of a more in depth review of the lens? ;)

I'm looking into going into m4/3 and this lens plus the 20mm interests me greatly.

But I've read some less than flattering reviews about this lens online...some said it has monstrous distortion, so I'm not sure if it's worth shelling out the money for. Spidey, any possibility of a more in depth review of the lens? ;)

I believe there are numerous in lab testing of which I am unable to do, but I don't really see much distortions for my usage at the moment

I believe there are numerous in lab testing of which I am unable to do, but I don't really see much distortions for my usage at the moment

thanks. the lens seems to be hot property now. amazon, adorama and bnh are all out of stock the last i checked.

I hold this little bugger, quite nifty and light, but given a choice, I will still choose 20mm because of the f and its versatibility

I hold this little bugger, quite nifty and light, but given a choice, I will still choose 20mm because of the f and its versatibility

best to have both the 14mm and 20mm, and add a 50mm voigtlander/leica/nikon/etc. fast prime...then you'll get the classic trinity of wide, normal and tele prime lenses - all in a compact package too. with this i'll never need a zoom lens.

Ok,sorry guys, was very tired so I actually slept before I processed any images to post here. :embrass:Before I share my experience (kinda wrong to call it a review), let me "answer" first.

thanks. the lens seems to be hot property now. amazon, adorama and bnh are all out of stock the last i checked.

Really? Probably lack of stock and people who actually want the lens, many reasons, or some just like to jump into the unknown:bsmilie:

best to have both the 14mm and 20mm, and add a 50mm voigtlander/leica/nikon/etc. fast prime...then you'll get the classic trinity of wide, normal and tele prime lenses - all in a compact package too. with this i'll never need a zoom lens.

To each his own, presently,I'm happy with my 4/3 lens over the possible range of lenses that I will use available on the m4/3 system, but of course, I'm a guy who likes bigger stuff to hold so I'm hoping that the m4/3 camera wouldn't be as small as the current m4/3 cameras (not even like the G/GH series). Probably like an OM with slightly bigger grip? That would be just fine

Anyway, I won't be talking much about tests that can be found online easily. The 14mm is light, so light, I swear I can throw it up a few stories high (and therefore wasting a few hundred dollars in the process). Its slightly smaller and slightly more compact than both the 20mm and 17mm pancakes. In terms of weight when holding, the heaviest being the 20mm followed by 17 and then 14. But of course, considering the brightness of the lens, its not surprising that the 20mm would be heavier.

I don't see much distortions but I do see a little CA sometimes. The view from the 14mm is obviously wider than what we can get from either the 20 or 17mm but the image quality is not quite there yet. Lab tests show that wide open, there is vignetting though I have yet to really see any, I usually shoot at around 5.6 but in usage, it isn't really obvious.

Sharpness however, is in the center, even wide open, that much I will say. Close focusing distance of 20cm means I can actually do closeups but of course with distortions.

Some pictures, nothing spectacular

5249893511_c6f815127e_z.jpg

5250495402_aff2bc341e_z.jpg

5250494804_855730a9ce_z.jpg

5250493966_f6449d4c58_z.jpg

5249890117_8140315f4e_z.jpg

Is the 14 f2.5 in the shops now?

Why they have 14mm f/2.5 ? ;(
What is the difference between the kit lens 14mm f/3.5 to this 14mm f/2.5...1 stop ? :confused:
Why can't they have a 13mm f/2.5, 12mm f/2.5, 11mm f/2.5 or 10mm f/2.5 instead ?:)