Price for Sony A77 or A65 in Singapore and the best price to buy it

Anyone has any info on the best selling price in Hong Kong for A77?

This thread is for SINGAPORE places. For HK, you can refer to the usual HK shops along mongkok. Prices are always changing, but you will need to worry more about stock availability.

A77vq out of stock at mscolor, parisilk, cathay. On the bright side, if you check sonyalpharumors, production has restarted since last friday

I am really confused with their ratings.

A77 scored 81% but got silver award.

A65 scored 78% and got gold???

Btw, firmware 1.04 coming out this week.

so am i.
with an 81% for the a77 it should have been a gold

but im guessing there are other factors which affect the gold/silver rating and it might be price point and its advantage over it's competition in it's price range.

rasdeep said:
this question has been asked many many times already.. reason is because scores and awards are unrelated. it depends how much DPR reviewer likes the camera to give the award

your answer can be found here
Scores and Ratings: Guides: Learn: Digital Photography Review

I know theres a difference but its way confusing imo.

Should follow some sites that uses editor choice award, or something like that.

Its always contradicting to have 2 different ratings for the same thing. Its like telling sebastien vettel that although he has the most points but he is not the champion.

Last edited:
I know theres a difference but its way confusing imo.

Should follow some sites that uses editor choice award, or something like that.

Its always contradicting to have 2 different ratings for the same thing. Its like telling sebastien vettel that although he has the most points but he is not the champion.
you can also think of it as competing against its class..
For a77 price point, it has to compete with some very tough competitors hence its only yield a silver

For A65 price point (400-500 lesser), its competitors have less features and such hence its gold in its class..
i guess it makes more sense if you compare it like that?

you can also think of it as competing against its class..
For a77 price point, it has to compete with some very tough competitors hence its only yield a silver

For A65 price point (400-500 lesser), its competitors have less features and such hence its gold in its class..
i guess it makes more sense if you compare it like that?

Well, its does makes more sense but for most people upon reading it, confusion will definitely set in as many (including myself) would have expected the overall percentage score would have included that price/value factor into it.

Anyway, just some comments. At the end of the day, if I am not happy with it, even if it gets "Diamond" award also no use.

yup.. which is why at then end of the review just before the award.. there is this statement

Scoring is relative only to the other cameras in the same category.
Click here to learn about the changes to our scoring system and what these numbers mean.

but most people just missed that statement because the Award logo is much much bigger taking away all the attention.. lol..

read the fine prints.. read the fine prints

Last edited:
yup.. which is why at then end of the review just before the award.. there is this statement

Scoring is relative only to the other cameras in the same category.
Click here to learn about the changes to our scoring system and what these numbers mean.

but most people just missed that statement because the Award logo is much much bigger taking away all the attention.. lol..

read the fine prints.. read the fine prints

Yah, the only problem is people seldom read fine prints....;)

A77vq out of stock at mscolor, parisilk, cathay. On the bright side, if you check sonyalpharumors, production has restarted since last friday

How about A77v? Any sign of it?

anyways... according to that rating system... the A65 should be Silver and the A77 should be Gold

Anyone has any info on the best selling price in Hong Kong for A77?

From what I saw last week, stores seemed to be toeing the line with Sony HK's SRP. Well, except Tin Cheung at K11, which had almost no alpha presence at all.

As for whar color award some self-appointed expert gives it: who gives a s**t? The measurebators can pontificate on the a77 all they want to and it won't change the fact that it's a great camera. It's about images, not numbers.

Haha even older, a230! Btw the vg is out, available on sony webbie le, expect the major dealers to have some too!

I feel the need to clarify that i dun mean your ex-cam model is old. what i meant is that it is relatively older than the A77. =P

eh.. if add VG i scared too heavy and too big for my hands. For a fat guy, i think i got small hands.. LOL

Just some tips.. At transit area at changi terminal 1, there's one shop called I think photopro or fotopro (can't recall exact name) they are selling the a77 without gst, and if u are Singaporean u get additional 5% off... Too bad they dun have stock for a77vq

dunno sitex will free F1.8 lens for A77 or not.

dunno sitex will free F1.8 lens for A77 or not.

You are assuming there will be enough stocks of the A77 at Sitex as well. So you are posting some random, "dunno" thread with no clue. Please, at least try to provide something constructive in this thread instead of just anyhow posting whatever thought crossed your mind.

Why do people always depend on these "waste of time and overpriced" sitex/comex/it show things for CAMERAS when these are not camera fairs?