Price for Sony A77 or A65 in Singapore and the best price to buy it

kohck

Jan 23, 2006
Hi,

What is the price for Sony A77 or A65 in Singapore and the best price to buy it? Is there any packages that is available? Such as with the SAL18-250 lens?

Please share some info and thanks

kohck said:
Hi,

What is the price for Sony A77 or A65 in Singapore and the best price to buy it? Is there any packages that is available? Such as with the SAL18-250 lens?

Its not even announced by sony sgp yet.

Checked HK ans TW website. They are selling the 16-50mm kit for around S$2400+ expect around this amount.

Hi,

Once you see it on the Sony SG website, then you can start looking at packages. Until then, we just need to rub our crystal ball and guess.

Checked HK ans TW website. They are selling the 16-50mm kit for around S$2400+ expect around this amount.

HK usually has better deals for sony stuff, so i would expect it to be higher than what you just quoted. i do hope you're right though..

FYI, I doubt Sony would bundle their "flagship APS-C" model with a mass-consumer oriented, high-compromise lens like the 18-250.

davtse said:
HK usually has better deals for sony stuff, so i would expect it to be higher than what you just quoted. i do hope you're right though..

Not for the recent launch. Nex5n price in hk is similar to sgp so i guess its going to be quite the same for a77.

Not for the recent launch. Nex5n price in hk is similar to sgp so i guess its going to be quite the same for a77.

HK official price is only HK$6990 for dual lens kit. So, its still cheaper than S$1299.

Dont forget that we in SG got to pay 7% GST.

Looking at past pricing by Sony SG, i think its going to be around S$1849 to S$1899 for A77 body only. Lucky you get a 16gb ms, suay, you get the 8gb ms.

Lol. You can get it from digitalrev.com. US2400+ for the 16-50mmf2.8 kit. Almost S$3000! They sure know how to price it.

HK official price is only HK$6990 for dual lens kit. So, its still cheaper than S$1299.

Looking at past pricing by Sony SG, i think its going to be around S$1849 to S$1899 for A77 body only. Lucky you get a 16gb ms, suay, you get the 8gb ms.

Well, if you ship from HK. The custom also will charge you 7%. Unless say, you're already planning to go HK or someone is going, can ask them to hand carry back. If not flying there just to get will cost more. Why not just wait for Sony SG?

Price from official Sony US

A77 (body only) - 1399 USD
A77 (16-50 2.8)- 1999 USD

NEX-7 (body only) -1199 USD
NEX-7 (18-55 lens) - 1349 USD

Sony US is definitely cheaper if you purchase from them directly due to the low conversion rate. But the bad thing is sony us-sg conversion rate is ALWAYS 1.5-1.7x. IMO, sony US is the best reference to use if you wanna speculate the prices in SG.

I got a feeling that the NEX-7 will reign in the 1.8k region while the A77 will set you back for at least 2k body alone.

I will be looking forward to the price for NEX-7. It is a totally revamped high end NEX from its predecessors. The ability to attach the upcoming SLT-adapter (allows auto focusing for alpha mounted lenses) will make this guy cost a bomb (probably can be expensive as the a77!)

I will be looking forward to the price for NEX-7. It is a totally revamped high end NEX from its predecessors. The ability to attach the upcoming SLT-adapter (allows auto focusing for alpha mounted lenses) will make this guy cost a bomb (probably can be expensive as the a77!)

That adapter works fine on the 5N too btw...

gongong said:

Bro, if using conversion of 1:6 for currency, hkd6990 amounts to sgd1165, which is only $130 diff. In my opinion, unless you have friends to buy for you or happens to be there for holiday, then go ahead and buy and remember to convert the warranty.

As another bro mentioned, adding shipping cost and without local warranty, its worth better to wait for local units, esp these first few batches of stock, better to have local warranty to solve any hardware issues.

If only NEX 7 has the touchscreen focus feature like the 5N. I that happens I'll have no hesitation to upgrade from my NEX 5

I thought that Sony's product gives international warranty? I just checked, for the SAL1650 kit, Sony Taiwan is cheaper than Sony Hong kong. Body alone, Sony hong kong is cheaper than Sony taiwan. Weird...

Anyway, already booked ticket to taiwan this coming Nov for holiday. If its cheaper, able to change language to english and cover international warranty. No brainer, just gonna get from there ^^

I thought that Sony's product gives international warranty? I just checked, for the SAL1650 kit, Sony Taiwan is cheaper than Sony Hong kong. Body alone, Sony hong kong is cheaper than Sony taiwan. Weird...

Anyway, already booked ticket to taiwan this coming Nov for holiday. If its cheaper, able to change language to english and cover international warranty. No brainer, just gonna get from there ^^
As far as I know Sony doesn't have international warranties, only if you buy an international product at an airport. Though, if you buy a camera in HK you can get the warranty converted into a Singaporean one in HK.

Last edited:
Sony has a tourist warranty NOT international warranty. And it only works in countries of the region you purchased (i.e, if you buy from japan or us, the tourism warranty is voided in singapore)

http://www.sony.com.au/support/resources/en_AU/html/Warranty/Sony_Tourist_Limited_Warranty.html

1) You have to purchase the product from an official retailer in the country

2) Request for the tourism limited warranty (must show passport)

3) Get it stamped and viola.

So what's the catch? The warranty only lasts for 1 yr as compared to the 1yr + 6 months if you purchase locally.

That is why i advise you guys to buy sony lenses from malaysia.. its much cheaper there :)

NEX-7 prices are out in Sony Australia
http://www.sony.com.au/product/nex-7

NEX-7 BODY- 1799 AUD
NEX-7 18-55 - 1999 AUD

E-mount

CZ 24 f1.8 - 1199 AUD
55-210- 499 AUD
50 f1.8- 499 AUD

Heard from somewhere that this e mount 50mm is supposed to provide better bokeh than the a-mount 50mm1.8 due to the lens construction? Not sure whether its true or not..