Pentax @ PC Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bro tried the FA 35mm F2.8 Marco before? :bigeyes: Is the price $849 ok? :dunno: Wondering how's the performance.:think:

Went to the Pentax booth at PC Show today. See what I found on the price list.:bsmilie:

IMGP0231.jpg

I almost faint when I saw the price list. :bsmilie:

I believe outside prices is better. :)

the prices are at least 30 to 40% higher...:thumbsd: dunno they noe how to do business or not... who on earth would by a 50mm f/1.4 that cos 499 ? next yr ask mi to run the pentax booth, i will bring in models that rivals those from sony, prices as competitive as possible, demonstrations on pentax equipment, give special discount to all pentaxians etc :thumbsup:

I almost faint when I saw the price list. :bsmilie:

I believe outside prices is better. :)

They are the sole agent .....the idea is to let you know that the equipment can be bought cheaper from their dealers ......and just see how many dealers they have and you may then understand why they are using reverse psychology on you at the PC show..... :)

THose are actually RRP, which actually means nothing at all! Maybe on Sunday you can go and bargin with Manly Dept Store (Did I get it right?).

It seems this year Shriro is in alone, without Manly Dept Store.
But I might be wrong.
They seem to be sharing booth with Tamrac though.

I think it's not Shriro that set up the stalls, it's actually Manly? But somehow manned by Shriro's guys?

Yes, it is manned by Manly Dept Store. Got to have Shriros guys to take care of the DSLR sections.;) Helped a bit just now. The rest of them and the P&S are employed part time.

Yes...its the Manly there.

If you go to the shop, they can offer you quite reasonable prices.

Anyway, there was so much free space on the 6th floor. The space is so big and so little crowd, it looked pathetic. The size of the display shelves does not seem to have been catered for such a big space....just observation. Maybe there was spare space.

Just an update FWIW.

Swallowed my pride, went back to the Manly booth and got my K200D at last this afternoon for $970 body, no freebies. Had to fight the itch to spring for K20D instead, but AA batteries and the thought of $700 more in my wallet won out in the end.

Also managed to snag a Tamron 18-250 Di II from OP for $650. All is well with the world :-D

Was thee with a friend who wanted a DSLR. Friend was half interested in getting a K20D. Saw the prices and empty booth, then we wandered around individually. Twenty minutes later he calls me and tell me to meet at the Samsung LCD booth. Then I notice a bag in his hand. "What's that?" I ask. "Oh, my new Sony A700, I think Pentax cannot make it..." :bigeyes:

Seriously, somebody please take some pictures of the stand and email them to the Pentax HQ. That's not the way to sell cameras. :thumbsd:

Was thee with a friend who wanted a DSLR. Friend was half interested in getting a K20D. Saw the prices and empty booth, then we wandered around individually. Twenty minutes later he calls me and tell me to meet at the Samsung LCD booth. Then I notice a bag in his hand. "What's that?" I ask. "Oh, my new Sony A700, I think Pentax cannot make it..." :bigeyes:

Seriously, somebody please take some pictures of the stand and email them to the Pentax HQ. That's not the way to sell cameras. :thumbsd:

:bsmilie:Sony got XMM power mah^^ So u joining ur friend with Sony?

I can understand that Shriro wants to protect its dealers but the PC show is hardly the place to do it.
If Pentax has its own mini road show, they can display the items at RRP.
But with all the booths at the PC show giving discounts and freebies, Pentax should match their aggressiveness.
Afterall, it is still a dealer who is actually maning the booth (Manly dept store). Since they take the effort to be at the show, why cant Shriro let them set their own price?

What time you were there? I was there in the afternoon and stayed at the Pentax booth to chat for quite a while. The Sony marketing is :thumbsup: at the show. Other then the models parading with their products. They have stage shows to interact with the people around also. They have even asked their newbie user to go on stage to tell their experience with the Sony DSLR.

Oh, when i was there, an elderly man who happened to be looking at the tamrac bags showed us his Sony A700 with Carl Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZF Planar T* proudly and praised enthusiastically the lens.:bsmilie:

some should email shriro this thread,
however, there only so much u folks can help to support the brand locally..especially when the local agent bo chap...
alternatively someone here should engage the agent to support yr group with free pentax t-shirt, everyone help to promote by wearing it when going out for activities.. also good ma better than fight a lone battle.
if these.... they not even willing to consider.... then i have no word for them

istDeS, was there on Friday afternoon. Didn't hang around the Pentax stand too much. Pentax pricing was an eye opener for my friend. He knows Sony's lenses and accessories not cheap but when he saw the RRP price sheet, he said not much difference from Sony. Anyway he's the type who won't buy too many lenses and he liked the Sony kit lens focal range.

Don't know if the XMM was a factor but he said that Sony got more buzz. Actually I like the A700, after all I was an ex-Minolta user. The Acute-Matte screen (a carry over from Minolta) is really excellent and the navigation selection switch feels better than the Pentax. Unfortunately I've gotten rid of my all my Minolta glass so if I were to buy into Sony, I'd be spending way too much to get back all the nice lenses.

Even the Tamrac bags on offer were for selected models only and there was no Gitzo stuff at all, so I'm not sure they were even interested to sell anything.

pentax in singapore is just pretty pathetic, we can probably agree. It also seems to be getting worse.

And the price differential doesn't help - users (we) would naturally buy from overseas if the price difference is crazy.

(of course, pentax is not alone. The RRP for the Canon HF100 (HD camcorder) here is 2.4k, street price is 1.9k, but price in the US, after conversaion and assuming 100 dollars for shipping, is 1.4k.)

For pentax - MS color, which i've known to be quite pentax friendly, didn't even have any k20D bodies in stock. The salesperson i talked to said that this was because demand was low. No ****. (also - OP being around helps. ;) )

For pentax - MS color, which i've known to be quite pentax friendly, didn't even have any k20D bodies in stock. The salesperson i talked to said that this was because demand was low. No ****. (also - OP being around helps. ;) )

Bro I just got my K20D body from MS Color 4 days ago, and there is still an extra set there. Apart from that there are a few lens there including the DA*200, DA*300, DA*50-135 and some of the usual standard lens like the DA 16-45 and DA 18-250. So actually from what I'm seeing from CP, AP and MS Color, more and more lens are readily available to the market, only that their prices are not as good as HK or US, but its the same for other brands as well.

After all the buzz K10D had created for Pentax, it is such a waste that the agent did not follow up and keep the momentum going.
Back in 2006, the dealers were caught by surpise by the sudden demand for Pentax stuff. MS Color began to stock up Pentax lenses. Before that they dont even bother due to low demand.
What a waste, what a waste....

Guys, unfortunately this is not the first time they've disappointed us during the PC Show. So let's not fret over this? I guess we didn't buy Pentax because they were good in the PC Show, or was fawning over their 'incredible' marketing during these shows?

There's still OP, and some of the local shops that still brings in the Pentax lens ... just got to give them a buzz before hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.