Pentax @ PC Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the sensitivity of the button, I mentioned it doesn't I don't like it..but my hand are big really big, (19.5cm) from my hand wiast edge to to the longest finger, the grip was a disappiontment.

But it does makes me think that the grass is not entire greener on the higher end models, I really I could own this though. k20D, but not w/o reservation about what I expect, and wish to have - I still have high expectation of Pentax ability to provides camera that really suit, what it meant to be a SLR..Why do this to the grip ...maybe I haven'e been used to it...

The Feel is good, felt like I own a luxury car, when I hold the K20D .. but need a family car not sport and here comes the grip probems - fussy customer like me ...personality test says I am critics, even good points about myself can be thought as bad points. Perhaps, that is my weakness not the K20D.

After I got the feel of the K20D, went back home to feel my K100D is so damn different ...I believe I would have a good time with it ... it may not have the grip like the k100d, but it is good to have a different feel.. Perhaps once I owned a K20D, I would totally say something different about it ... at the same time the feel of K20D has never made me regret about keeping my K100D ... but for now, I am a poor chap..even felt like wanting to get 50-135 f2.8 and 16-45 f2.8 ...

If you put a battery grip on the K20D, you'll definitely feel the difference, especially consider you've got big hands ;)

K10D/K20D by its own does seem abit too wide but not tall enough for most users. I guess Pentax made them that way so you'd feel much better w/ a battery grip on :)

Regarding the ergonomics and grip of the KX0D and KX00D, no contest..the former win every time, in my opinion.

I owned a K100DS earlier, and it was good for it's class, but the K20D is in another league altogether. The size and weight are great for balance and stability for my style of holding, and when you add the battery grip, it's even better. It's one of the things that kept me with Pentax, when I considered jumping ship from the K100DS to Canikon a few months ago.

The proliferation of buttons, without going into overkill territory, is what makes handling the KX0D so easy...most critical adjustments can be made without even taking your eyes away from the OVF. Not so, with the K100DS...the body is a bit too small, and changing settings means a walk up Bukit Menu.

I've tried out the other big dogs..A700, E-3, 40D etc and none give you that feeling that you can simply pick up the cam and intuitively start shooting, like the KX0D does.
KX0D > D300 > A700 > E-3 > 40D in terms of handling and ergonomics, IMHO..

Regarding the ergonomics and grip of the KX0D and KX00D, no contest..the former win every time, in my opinion.

I owned a K100DS earlier, and it was good for it's class, but the K20D is in another league altogether. The size and weight are great for balance and stability for my style of holding, and when you add the battery grip, it's even better. It's one of the things that kept me with Pentax, when I considered jumping ship from the K100DS to Canikon a few months ago.

The proliferation of buttons, without going into overkill territory, is what makes handling the KX0D so easy...most critical adjustments can be made without even taking your eyes away from the OVF. Not so, with the K100DS...the body is a bit too small, and changing settings means a walk up Bukit Menu.

I've tried out the other big dogs..A700, E-3, 40D etc and none give you that feeling that you can simply pick up the cam and intuitively start shooting, like the KX0D does.
KX0D > D300 > A700 > E-3 > 40D in terms of handling and ergonomics, IMHO..

i would place D300 ahead of KX0D but only slightly... though i dun own a D300, but i have use D200 extensively, D200/D300 just feels better, but then again its more expensive :)

hi all, i actually have had the opportunity recently to try gripping the Sony Alpha 350, Canon 450D, Nikon D80 and D300, then try out the K20D as I went around hunting for a digital camera ... I am proud to say I made up my mind quite readily because I had the "plastic..ky" feeling for the former ones and D300 is way too big heavy for me. K20D is just right and the Exposure Compensation button actually lights up the display panel (night light)!

Thumb's up for Pentax..

It seem like K20D Pentax is winning users... Now then I know why FW sold his limited edition K10D, so soon ... I do miss the feeling of handling K20D at the PC show ...

Shutter buttons sensitive- means save energy .. from triggering too much and faster respond to candid moments. I once injured my waist .. with my larger K100D grip ..due to weight from the ownuser grip and need to improve handling skills.

if I am not out of job... I would be getting one from OP ... hope it comes alond with a BG2 battery grip. As or now I can only dream ...........................:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.